This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Z-Wave.Me

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Maybe a mix of secure and non-secure devices? I thought I read somewhere there's no direct association possible between these two connections.
  • RichyRichy Member
    I am a new Homey. Can someone tell me how to add support for other zwave.me products to the app?
    I would like to add a remote control RC2:
    Product Type ID: 0x1000
    Product ID: 0x0300
    Manufacturer Id: 0x0115 

• bvdbos said:
    Maybe a mix of secure and non-secure devices? I thought I read somewhere there's no direct association possible between these two connections.
    @bvdbos this depends on the receiving device; a Fibaro Dimmer-2 does not accept control commands provided by insecure devices.
    I'm not sure if this is a generic behavior.
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    @Icarus
    Could you remove your repository? Someone opened an issue there.  He now opened the same issue in my repository
  • JesperJesper Member
    edited June 2017
    Does anyone know why the dimmer value is not synced with Homey when I use the switch on the wall to change the dimmer value? Is there some kind of setting which I need to change? Same thing happens when switching the light off/on with the switch on the wall.
  • @jesper about which device are you referring to and which software and app version?

Can you check the node ID of the device and post a section of the Z-wave log of this Node ID (filtered) when you switch on / off and dim the device?
  • RichyRichy Member
    edited June 2017
    No hints on how to add the RC2?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited June 2017
    Richy said:
    No hints on how to add the RC2?
    Well if you insist... ;)  #FridayEvening

I guess a driver needs to be made for the RC2..

the hints / options I see:
    1. Make the driver yourself. Start at developers.athom.com and peek at comparable device drivers. I can personally recommend the Remotec Scene Master code. I guess you already own a RC2 so you have the option to test it.
    2. Request the developer of the app (@priknr1) to make the driver for the RC2 and support in testing / debugging of the driver
    3. To put option 2. higher on the ambition list of @Priknr1 use the yellow button at the App Store page

Although I encourage option 3 as recognition for @Priknr1's work, I strongly support the people taking option 1.
    Simply to extend the community contributions to add support for more (legacy) devices... ;)
  • @Jesper, the local feedback was not (well) supported yet. I recently learned a lot from @TedTolboom ; on how it all works.

So I intend to apply this functionality soon.    (but going on a holiday next week)
    It is something I can try and find out with the zwave.me devices I have myself, and hope it works the same for devices I dont own.

@Richy the beta release I had for this app crashes on adding he RC2. Right now I am pretty busy with work and all, and my priorities (besides work) lie with the feedback of local changes, and my other apps at the moment.

• JesperJesper Member
    Enjoy your holiday @Priknr1. And I will try it out once you have it working for your devices.
  • RichyRichy Member
    edited June 2017
    @TedTolboom
    thank you for the options. In the meantime @Priknr1 already started adding the remote it seems  :)
    @Priknr1
    Thank you for trying. Hope it will work soon.
    Can I do something on the work?
    Maybe providing device configuration info?
    Enjoy holidays!
  • Hi @Richy , writing to you from sunny Spain B)

Thanks for offering, but most documentation for settings and all is easily found, so I will manage. But again, not sure yet when I will have the time.

• home78home78 Member
    Anyone using also WALLC-S (v2) switches in their home and experiencing fast battery drain issues?
  • home78home78 Member
    I know mixing secure and unsecure devices can be problematic. Is it possible to add all devices as non-secure devices (even if they support secure communication)?
  • For anyone owning the "054375 - Schuko plugin Switch", I just opened a pull request to make it work correctly. 
  • mauriceb said:
    Yesterday I received a z-wave.ml WALLC-S that I bought on ROBBshop.nl. I tried to connect this device to homey but nothing I do will connect it. First I replaced the battery for a new one, because the device did nothing at all. When I try to connect it, my homey will not respond and after a few moment homey says "interview verlopen". 

I also restored the device to factory settings by holding down all four button for 5 seconds and than press 3 and 4 for a few second. Also now the device won't connect.

Someone hows know how I can connect it?
    @HarmLutjeboer I have the WALLC-S2 and by putting it in management mode by holding all four buttons untill the green led start to blink, usually 1 second, I can add or remove the switch by pressing button 1.
    nice tips. I have the same problem with WALLC-S . This really helped. Amazing
  • Otacon said:
    For anyone owning the "054375 - Schuko plugin Switch", I just opened a pull request to make it work correctly. 
    App was submitted to the appstore 2 mins ago. 
    Thanks for the effort.
  • I have the ZW-EDAN-300 / 05433. This is now not supported. Could you please try to add it? Thanks!
  • here are the error that i posted on app page

• @Priknr1
    any news on supporting the RC2?
    I would like to use it because speech control is only getting worse...

what can I do to get support for it?
  • @Richy
    I havent had the time to have a look at the remote myself.
    If you want support for this device anytome soon, you might want to find another programmer that is able and willing. You could try on slack (https://slack.athom.com/)  or mae a new topic on the forum.
  • home78 said:
    Anyone using also WALLC-S (v2) switches in their home and experiencing fast battery drain issues?
    Really no one else having battery issues or is no-one using this device? This might be a solution to mitigate this effect:  set the "wake up" of the Switch to 86400 Seconds (24 hours) instead 1600 seconds (30 Minutes). I also created a topic on the Device-forum: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/55411#Comment_55411
  • Hi,
    I recently bought a Haseman Z-Wave DIN Rail 6x2kW Universal Switch Module (http://store.zwavecenter.com/image/catalog/PDF/DIN-6CH_RELAY_DATA.pdf).  I couldn't find any info on the device being supported, but they claim to be compatible with Fibaro Home Lite/2 RaZberry 2, Z-Wave Me, Vera, etc so I thought let's just give it a go and see what happens.

Homey recognises the device as a generic device with a single switch and I have found out the following info from the node information of the device:
    Manufacturers ID: 277 (Wave.Me?)
    Product Type ID: 272
    Product ID: 1

I was advised by @TedTolboom to request inclusion into the Zwave.Me app. I am willing to test of course!
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Delgul
    Hi, The manufacturer ID is indeed the same as Zwave.me, so it seems like another rebrand (which isn't uncommon for zwave.me)

I don't really have the time to add support for this device right now, if I am able to at all, since I am not exactly the best programmer over here, but I started learning, becasue no one else was building support for the devices I have myself.

If you want support for it anythime soon, I suggets you either learn yourself to apps for homey, and add the support for it yourself into my zwave.me app,  (the slack community, including Ted who you mentioned, is really helpfull)

Or you find another programmer to be willing (which would probably cost you some financial persuasion)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
  • Priknr1 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    No problem. It's good to know I am not alone in this. My programming skills are a bit rusty, but I will have a peek at the code and see what I can do. It would help me a lot if I could ask any questions I have somewhere. Is this the correct place or would you recommend a different route?

First thing I need to know is which of the devices I find in the code is most resembling my device so I can at least start with 'borrowing' the correct code ;-)
  • bvdbos said:
    Thanks. However I need a login for that. How do I get one?
  • Delgul said:
    bvdbos said:
    Thanks. However I need a login for that. How do I get one?

with this link you can get an invite:
    https://slack.athom.com/

check out:
    https://apps.developer.athom.com

When it comes to the device, I dont think there is similar one.
    BUT:  you should think in capabilities,  your device has multiple "onoff" capabilities  (turning on/off outputs), and a "measure_temperature" capability. So find devices who have this too.

Be aware, that at the moment, there are apps written in SDK2, and SDK1.
    The zwave.me app, is still in SDK1

Only problem might be: not all manufacturers are consistent in using the correct z-wave command classes. 
    Once you would have made an initial version, you should run it via node.js. Make sure 
    debug: true, is stated in the driver.  Than you can get some info during pairing the device, and trying the capabilities

• Is there anyone who can help with a little gudie?
    I have a ZME_WALLC-S V2 that I would like to control my Fibaro Dimmer 2 with.
    How do I make so button 1:
    Short press turns on / off the light
    Long press the dim light up / down

Thank you
  • Is there anyone who can help with a little gudie?
    I have a ZME_WALLC-S V2 that I would like to control my Fibaro Dimmer 2 with.
    How do I make so button 1:
    Short press turns on / off the light
    Long press the dim light up / down

Thank you
    Have you tried something like this?