This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Anybody Using an ENTONE DVR icm Homey and or flows?

Hi all,

Has anybody got an setup with above mentioned device?

Got an LG tv...(works with app on Homey)
Denon AVR....(works with app on Homey)

But I am switching channels due to IPTV with an ENTONE DVR...(caiway)

I would love to be able to control the ENTONE too....

I hope there will be an app soon since I dont have the knowledge to build one myself.

But kan I make a generic IR device in Homey en learn the commands from the remote?

Thanks....

Krgds
Danny

Comments

• Hi Danny,

I have an Entone too. I use a Harmony Hub to control the Entone from Homey. Working flawless.

• PuffPuff Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi Eelke.....

I do have an Harmony....but not the HUB. :'(
    So I kan start my Activities on my Harmony but not in a flow.....

Do I need to buy a complete new remote?
    Or "just" a hub.

PS.
    I see I can Dim lights etc etc with the harmony hub.
    I would rather do everything with my Homey

And stick to one "hub" ....being the homey.
  • phbphb Member
    @Eelke i can switch on and of  my entone with my harmony hub, but how do you select a channel on the entone?
  • @Puff I know what you mean about just having one hub. I thought I'd be able to replace my Harmony Hub with my Homey at the time I backed it, but I found the Harmony too reliable to replace it. Not sure I'd trust my Homey to take care of everything my Harmony does at this stage ;-)
    It depends on your remote wether it's able to work with a hub. Maybe have a look at https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-add-on

@phb I've got an Entone working together with my Harmony Hub as well, had to put my hub right next to the Entone for it to work well though. Am able to change channels.
  • phbphb Member
    Ok maybe  i  should  reposition my  hub. :)