This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Z-Wave SDK2

[App] Logic Home Control - Main discussion topic (v2.0.1)

2»

Comments

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited October 2017
    cbh said:
    New firmware v 2.1 now avaliable:
    http://logichome.dk/index.php/10-support-categories/6-zhc5010-firmware
    (need another z-wave controller as update via Homey is not avaliable yet, though)
    v2.0.1 indeed. 
    No need for a full Z-wave controller; you can use a Z-wave USB stick and the application Logic Home Control to update the firmware. The firmware update application (nice service of Logic Home Control BTW) is not yet available for FW v2.0.1. 

Parameters 33 - 36 (introduced with v2.0.x) can be set via the Raw Configuration Parameters as '35,1,x' with x the value according to the manual.

In the SDK2 re-write, these parameters will be embedded into the device specific settings (as a list of checkboxes).
    edited October 2017
    Changelog to v 1.0.4
    v1.0.4
    Fixed minor error in switch Binary report parser in case a number is reported as Switch value
    Fixed minor error where 'Scene notification offset' values higher than 128 are not transmitted correctly
    Next up: SDK2 re-write including restructuring of settings and addition of FW 2.x parameters and capabilities
  • cbhcbh Member
    Firmware 2.0.2 available:

(A manufacturer, who really reacts quickly on reported errors - cool!)
  • cbh said:
    Firmware 2.0.2 available:

(A manufacturer, who really reacts quickly on reported errors - cool!)
    For the people requesting the ability to update the firmware of the ZHC5010 devices (since OTA FW updates from within Homey is not possible yet).

Logic Home Control will deliver a standalone firmware updater application for FW 2.0.2:
    Yes, we will soon make a Firmware-updater-application for version 2.02. 

So it will be possible to update the device firmware with use of e.g. a Z-wave Me USB stick (~30 euro)

I really love the active collaboration with Logic Home Control...

• My ZHC5002 is installed, beautiful peace of electronics waiting to get used. Can i use it with as an basic device? It's included by Homey perfectly but editing parameters or even the basic groups.... no response. Can't figure out how to make it work (for now). I'm i overlooking something or just trying something that can't be done for now?
  • cbhcbh Member
    Stand-alone updater for ZHC-5010 fw 2.0.2 now availble: http://logichome.dk/index.php/10-support-categories/6-zhc5010-firmware
  • Rwin said:
    My ZHC5002 is installed, beautiful peace of electronics waiting to get used. Can i use it with as an basic device? It's included by Homey perfectly but editing parameters or even the basic groups.... no response. Can't figure out how to make it work (for now). I'm i overlooking something or just trying something that can't be done for now?
    Hi @Rwin, when visiting Robbshop this afternoon we discussed the status of the Logic Home Control app and your (?) case was also briefly mentioned.

Currently the ZHC5002 is not supported (yet) by the Logic Home Control app.
    I'm currently working to re-write the current app to be based on SDK2 and extending the current ZHC5010 driver to cover all features in a user friendly way (no manual bit-calculations etc).

In addition, Logic Home Control developed in collaboration with me, a new firmware version for the ZHC5010 that enables to add this device securely (which was not possible yet), and allows direct control of e.g. the Fibaro dimmer-2 (which was not possible due to the dimmer-2 not accepting commands from a non-secure device)...

I'm finalizing this app and driver re-write as soon as possible and in parallel the development builds are tested by @cbh.
    Once this driver is ready, extending the app to support the ZHC5002, will be a copy of the ZHC5010 driver with minor modifications (4 to 6 buttons).

In parallel, Logic Home Control is working to release a similar firmware update for the ZHC5002 (expected this month).
    It will be released with a standalone firmware updater tool (since Homey is not yet able to update device firmware), requiring a USB Z-wave stick and windows PC...

So for now, I can only ask for your patience... but it will be worth it!
  • RwinRwin Member
    edited October 2017
    Wow, alot of movement... great! Will wait patiently :smiley:
    edited December 2017
    Gents,

I'm about to release the long awaited SDK2 re-write, including full support for the v2.x firmware version of the ZHC5010. With this version, it is possible to include the ZHC5010 securely to Homey, to enable controlling of other secure devices (e.g. Fibaro Dimmer-2) and in addition still be able to control non-secure devices.
    A standalone firmware updater and instructions are available on the Logic Home Control site.

The parameters section has been restructured completely.
    Also flow cards are now only available on the devices where they work.

Due to several changes, re-pairing of the ZHC-5010 is required to secure proper working.
    Without re-paring of the ZHC-5010, some functions will not be available / working; e.g. several flowcards.
    In addition, several changes require changes implemented as of Homey SW version 1.5.6

Change log:
    v 2.0.0
    * Major app update to SDK2   
    * Added all options to support FW 2.x (secure includion) of ZHC5010   
    * Restructured parameters settings to simplify options   
    * Depends on Homey SW release >= 1.5.6Release notes:
    * Re-pairing (removal and inclusion) based on new app strongly recommended for ZHC5010 
    (scene flowcards will not work)
    * It is advised to remove devices before updating the v 2.0.0 as this will reset the device 
    and erase inclusion.
    * Not removing a device prior to installation of v 2.0.0 will result in five orphaned devices 
    that has to be deleted individually afterwards.
    The app update will be available early next week. If auto update is enabled and your Homey meets the software dependency (>=1.5.6), the app will be updated automatically mid of next week.

Big word of thanks goes to @cbh and @Lurendrejer who contributed a lot in testing this app version!
  • Minor update:
    v 2.0.1
    Add link to Homey community Forum
  • ahaaha Unconfirmed, Member
    @TedTolboom

Are you working on adding the ZIF5028 to the lineup, I really would like to use a couple of these in my setup. If yes any ETA?
  • This topic will be closed and continued at the new Homey community forum: 
    https://community.athom.com/t/160
This discussion has been closed.