This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

Comments

• I solved that by using Better Logic, I made a trigger within BL eg 'Watch Apple TV' and made a flow where this trigger is linked to a specific activity within the Harmony, in this case 'Watch apple TV' of course. These triggers can then be added as devices. This way I could also use it easily for HomeyDash. 
  • @jreenen Am I right in thinking the app activity start/stop triggers only get triggered when the activity has finished starting? The previous app had the possibility to trigger when an activity start was "requested". This way I could power up my NUC using WOL at the same time everything else got powered up. It seems my NUC only powers on after the activity has finished loading, which makes sense when you look at the trigger text "Activity Started". But would it be possible to add such a feature?

On a sidenote; the activity stop trigger doesn't seem to work for me, unless shutting down counts as a separate activity. Since it triggers the activity started trigger. Does the activity stop trigger get triggered when switching activities then?

And thanks again for all your hard work ;-)
  • Mine just starter working after the automatic upgrade
    didnt Need to connectie it again

thx m8 for al Your awesom work
    you make alot of people very happy
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2017
    Removed the obsolete Hub App and installed the brand new and shiny Harmony Hub App :-)

Initially had some issues installing (Homey responded it was offline and other cr@p) but got it installed as a BETA. Adding my devices went smoothly and I have started to migrate my flows.

We still use the actual Harmony hardware remote a lot, so first thing was to have a flow working which starts when the hardware remote activates an activity.

As an example, in the previous App I had this flow:

Which is now:

(see the next image to view my actual Harmony activities!)

A couple of questions:
    - as I only have 1 HUB; do presume I do not need to add the HUB tag to a logic card?
    - is the above flow the way you envisioned how the hardware remote is used together with Homey?

Wish list:
    - is it possible to have a selectable hub/activity list in the AND section similar to this one:

It would avoid having typo's and thus flow problems!

PS
    Made a donation!
    Cheers :-)

• jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    @jreenen Am I right in thinking the app activity start/stop triggers only get triggered when the activity has finished starting? The previous app had the possibility to trigger when an activity start was "requested". This way I could power up my NUC using WOL at the same time everything else got powered up. It seems my NUC only powers on after the activity has finished loading, which makes sense when you look at the trigger text "Activity Started". But would it be possible to add such a feature?

On a sidenote; the activity stop trigger doesn't seem to work for me, unless shutting down counts as a separate activity. Since it triggers the activity started trigger. Does the activity stop trigger get triggered when switching activities then?

And thanks again for all your hard work ;-)
    You are right about the "Activity Started" only being triggered when the activity is finished. It's possible to add an "Activity starting" trigger feature. This feature will probably be available in v1.3.0.

On the activity stop trigger you spotted a bug while switching activities it works like it is supposed to but on a power-off, it does the opposite of what it supposed to do (reporting an activity started instead of activity stopped). This bug will be fixed in v1.2.1. You can track the progress of this bug here.

Regards,

Jeroen

• jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    A couple of questions: 
    - as I only have 1 HUB; do presume I do not need to add the HUB tag to a logic card? 
    Correct in a single-hub situation I can't think of a scenario where you would use the HUB tag 

- is the above flow the way you envisioned how the hardware remote is used together with Homey? 
    Yes, when you trigger an activity via the hardware remote all connected clients will receive a couple of messages reporting on the change the app picks up on this and sends it out as a homey trigger. 

Wish list: 
    - is it possible to have a selectable hub/activity list in the AND section similar to this one: 

It would avoid having typo's and thus flow problems!
    Yes this is possible will probably be available in v1.3.0 you can track the progress of this request here.

Thanks for your more than generous donation!!

Regards,

Jeroen

• @Everyone
    I want to thank you all for your support!

It makes developing so much more fun to have an active and supportive group of users with great feedback and suggestions on making the app better.

I really enjoy being part of the Homey community because of you all!

Thanks!

Jeroen

• Thanks for your more than generous donation!!

Regards,

Jeroen

You deserve it, Jeroen! 

Thanks for the answers and confirmations.

Looking forward to the next releases. 
  • As of today this app also has a stable version. From now on I will publish new releases to the beta channel first and if no significant issues appear I will upgrade it to the stable channel. Please be aware that installing a stable version to your Homey will purge the paired devices. Although I hope most of you will stay in the Beta channel I can imagine some might want to wait till a larger group of users tested an update first.
  • Just installed the stable version to replace the old Harmony app which luckily was still running smoothly.

The new app works great and I was able to recreate all my old flows without a problem. Big thumbs up for that, very happy that you have taken it upon you to make this app. After using it a couple of times I get the feeling it is quicker and more stable than the old one! Even works better, because I now can send extra commands after starting the activity (I could do that also with the old app but it wouldn't work for no apparent reason). 
  • Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:
    @Fire69
    Do I understand you correctly if I say you want to be able to pair a separate device for the Hub itself with some mobile cards so you can start activities? 
    Yes! :)
    I will implement this in v1.3.0 you can track progress here
  • Julian said:
    Just installed the stable version to replace the old Harmony app which luckily was still running smoothly.

The new app works great and I was able to recreate all my old flows without a problem. Big thumbs up for that, very happy that you have taken it upon you to make this app. After using it a couple of times I get the feeling it is quicker and more stable than the old one! Even works better, because I now can send extra commands after starting the activity (I could do that also with the old app but it wouldn't work for no apparent reason). 
    Glad you like the app!! Thanks!

Regards,

Jeroen
  • jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    Submitted v1.2.1 to Athom for approval in the beta channel with the following improvements:

Instead of always using the power toggle command use the power on and power off when they are available and fallback to the power toggle command when they are not available. This solves an issue with devices that don't support the power toggle command

Fixed an issue where on powering off an activity, an activity started trigger got raised on the previous activity instead of an activity stopped trigger.

If no significant issues are reported within 3 days I will upgrade this version to the stable channel too.

• Updated to v1.2.1 via CLI.

Not sure what is wrong, but starting an activity goes wrong. It starts and stops and loops.

No time to investigate right now, but seems related to the power off all change in the latest version. 
  • @Eternity are you starting the activity with the Harmony Remote or with this app? At the moment I cannot reproduce this behavior on my side.
  • I use the Harmony remote to start activities. 

These activities also start Homey flow (mostly power on zwave power nodes to fire up a subwoofer and my receiver or a Raspberry Pi with Kodi). 

Tomorrow I have some time to test this further. Perhaps it's an error in my flows, but oddly enough it did start after the update. 

I hope to find out tomorrow!  
    edited September 2017
    Please see next post, as it is (sort of) solved :-)
    edited September 2017
    UPDATE

If you switch from 1 activity to another, the flow card 'Activiteit gestopt' is triggered in between these to activities....

So, lets say you are watching TV and want to switch to listening music. These are both Harmony activities and also Homey flows.

If I select 'watching TV' all goes well. The moment I switch to 'listening music' on the Harmony remote, Homey+App register that as 'activity stopped' (=watching TV) and followed by activity started (=music).

Now I know this, I can rebuilt my flows.... as it in a way makes sense that a switch of an activity means that the previous one has to be stopped first.... However, it makes the trigger card 'activity stopped' less useful.

Just my 2 cents :-)

PS
    My own solution was to replace the trigger card 'activity has stopped' with 'activity had  started' and as activity point to "Power Off": 

So, it used to be:

and is now:

• JulianJulian Member
    edited September 2017
    Still, I can assume this should not be working like that? I for instance have a flow where the lights get dimmed when I watch Netflix or a movie and when I'm finished the lights go back up. Now when I switch from Netflix to Movie the lights would go from dim to normal to dim (should Homey be able to keep up, haven't tested it yet) whereas the lights should stay dimmed between the activities. In the former app this was no issue so I assume it is something that can be fixed on that end? 
  • @Julian
    I understand your reasoning and I understand Jeroen's too...

The previous App had far more options for triggers (starting / initiating staring / started) but I also see the logic behind the principle that - if one activity is started - another will have stopped....

Guess it is up to Jeroen to decide what is possible and most logical. I am happy that I have discovered this 'activity switching principle' and am able to flow around it ;-)
  • @Julian @Eternity
    Because it's just one line of code that triggers this behavior its fairly easy to introduce a setting like "Disable activity stopped on activity switch". 

This way you have an influence on that behavior, would this be a solution for you? 

Regards,

Jeroen
  • @Eternity ;The previous App had far more options for triggers (starting / initiating staring / started)
    Introducing those triggers is on the feature list for v1.3.0 :)

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • @jreenen
    Although I can understand the logic behind the 'stopping trigger when changing activities' in real life (by the non-programmers who use Homey & Harmony) I believe this is still best perceived as just a 'change activity' cycle.

So to me making a setting like the one you described would of course be the solution, but would count more as sort of a workaround. I would opt to just make this option standard (either hidden in the code or standard enabled should you add this trigger), for me I do not see the need to change this behaviour myself. Sometimes I get the feeling we as the more in-depth users are overthinking stuff a bit :smiley:
  • @Julian You have a fair point. Just before I read your comment I was already thinking the setting wasn't the way to go because it can easily end up with a settings page stuffed up with code manipulations and allot of nasty if's in my code.

I am leaning towards removing the activity stopped on an activity change. 
  • I second your solution!

=> removing the 'activity stopped' on an activity change. 
  • I assume this is then also solved, because when I stop the activity e.g. Netflix as described above the lights again get dimmed (they are already dimmed but I see via de Led-ring of Homey that this command is executed). So the command of Harmony is not only 'activity stopped' but even 'activity Netflix is stopped', this because my trigger is 'Netflix'.
  • CorvdNietCorvdNiet Member
    edited September 2017
    @jreenen,

Thanks for this great app. 
    When I use the command to put the channel to number 1, it results in 11. Seems like the command is send twice. I have the same thing (execute twice) when using the channelup or channeldown command.
    I.m on v1.2.0 
  • CorvdNiet said:
    @jreenen,

Thanks for this great app. 
    When I use the command to put the channel to number 1, it results in 11. Seems like the command is send twice. I have the same thing (execute twice) when using the channelup or channeldown command.
    I.m on v1.2.0 
    Same problem here!
  • Hiya everybody!

I don't think my hub is powering off anymore on the power off command. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the light on the hub being red in a powered off state? It's always green now. Anybody else got this?
  • Solid green
    The Hub is operating normally
    • The Hub has a proper user configuration for your devices and Activities.
    • If configured for Wi‑Fi, the Hub is successfully able to connect.
    https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-hub-led-status