This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited September 2017
    je hebt hem neem ik aan bij je eerste mislukte pair poging wel netjes verwijderd via settings zwave en daarna de wallplug zelf een reset to default gegeven voordat je opnieuw bent gaan pairen ?

Daarnaast vindt je meer hulp en kennis in het centrale officiele Neo topic

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1745/app-z-wave-neo-coolcam-z-wave-devices-main-discussion-topic
  • Goedenavond iedereen,

Enige tijd geleden heb ik de NEO Wall Plug aangeschaft met het idee om het Klik Aan Klik Uit systeem volledig te vervangen door Z-wave producten. Helaas heb ik tot dusver geen goede ervaringen met het installeren van deze NEO Wall Plug. 

De applicatie is geïnstalleerd en Homey is geüpdatet naar zijn laatste firmware. Daarnaast is deze wall plug direct naast Homey geplaatst en krijg ik de volgende melding bij het installeren van dit nieuwe apparaat: "Het interview is verlopen. Geen apparaat gevonden."

Op sommige momenten wordt de wall plug wel herkend; maar wordt de setup onderbroken en afgesloten. 
    Wie ervaart deze problemen en/of weet hiervoor een oplossing? 

Alvast bedankt voor het meedenken. 
  • One thing you could try is first to make sure the device removed correctly. Zwave----> Remove device and then try to adding it again. Could be there was something going wrong the first time. 

And please notice your in the englisch section of the forum, if you want to ask something in dutch please use the dutch section. 
  • I'm trying to set something up with the PIRs for

If Motion has not been detected for 20minutes then turn off the lights - can anyone advise how I would do this?

I have if light level <x and motion detected turn on, so I need the opposite

Also - how do people manage turning OFF the lights based on light level? Obviously, the light level is different because the lights are on... do you use two sensors (one in a different location) to make this work? Or just not bother...
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited September 2017
    vaderag said:
    I'm trying to set something up with the PIRs for

If Motion has not been detected for 20minutes then turn off the lights - can anyone advise how I would do this?

Also - how do people manage turning OFF the lights based on light level? Obviously, the light level is different because the lights are on... do you use two sensors (one in a different location) to make this work? Or just not bother...
    Check out the topic 'Flows that work' for nice examples.

Your first question: Use the count down timer: If movement start timer for 20 minutes (timer restarts every time when there is movement). And a flow, that turns out the lights when the timer stops.

Your second question: The change in lux level when lights are on or of are realy minimal (at my home).
  • Oy1974 said:
    One thing you could try is first to make sure the device removed correctly. Zwave----> Remove device and then try to adding it again. Could be there was something going wrong the first time. 

And please notice your in the englisch section of the forum, if you want to ask something in dutch please use the dutch section. 

The Z-wave network on my Homey has been reset to the factory default settings and all Z-wave products have been deleted. Also, the wall plug is within 50 cm from the Homey, but not able to add it. Anyone who is able to help me out?
  • Your second question: The change in lux level when lights are on or of are realy minimal (at my home).
    Thanks - I'll take a look at that thread. 

I found this too - hence the question - in an ideal world I'd like lights that come on (gradually) as the lux drops and go off (gradually) as the lux raises, but the problem is that the lights impact the lux levels so I think it's impossible to do. Even if i timed the amount of time it takes for the sun to set and then have a gradual rise over that time, that time changes throughout the year... so think it just needs to be motion driven really...
  • Maybe you can just point the PIR away from the light sources? 
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited September 2017
    Maybe you can just point the PIR away from the light sources? 
    But then it wont do the motion... one of the main reasons I wanted to go down the smart home route is that I didn't want 'one trick wonders'

• martijn1980 said:
    The Z-wave network on my Homey has been reset to the factory default settings and all Z-wave products have been deleted. Also, the wall plug is within 50 cm from the Homey, but not able to add it. Anyone who is able to help me out?

You should probably reset the plug, look at the manual how to do that... something like triple-clicking the button or pulling the plug in and out three times or something like that...
  • Restore the Sensor (Power Plug) to Factory Default Settings
    Reset procedure will delete all information on the Z-Wave network or Z-Wave controller, and restore the sensor to factory default settings.
    1.Plug the power plug in the socket.
    2.Press the code button for 10 seconds, the LED light will flash red and yellow for 1 time at the same time.
    3.Release the code button.

• vaderag said:
    I'm trying to set something up with the PIRs for

Check out the topic 'Flows that work' for nice examples.

Your first question: Use the count down timer: If movement start timer for 20 minutes (timer restarts every time when there is movement). And a flow, that turns out the lights when the timer stops.

Your second question: The change in lux level when lights are on or of are realy minimal (at my home).
    I was just looking into this response but I can't see a count down timer? Is this a separate app or is it hidden somewhere under one of the standard options (tried date & time and alarms and cant see it under either...) 
    Thanks!
  • I'm just wondering if the sensitivity levels on the the motion sensors (5 levels) are set on the core of the device or are a UX choice by the app writer? 

The reason I ask is that I'm finding that Normal sensitivity is TOO sensitive, but that Lower Sensitivity is not sensitive enough (there seems to be a huge gap between the levels in practice where Normal will activate when I'm outside the room but lower will only activate when I'm within a meter or so). If in fact this can be set more granular on the device then an app change will be really useful!!

• @vaderag it is all based on settings of the device itself, why create it yourself if it is already there.
  • caseda said:
    @vaderag it is all based on settings of the device itself, why create it yourself if it is already there.
    That's what I feared... Shame. I'm figuring not, but any bright ideas on a way to override those to make a sensitivity in the middle somehow?? 
  • @vaderag
    it is just not possible unless you let the manufacturer update the firmware of the sensor.
    or if you are really daring (and really knowing in electrics), open it up and forcefully lower the signal on the circuitboard itself.

or go to a fibaro motion sensor, as that has a range for sensitivity, instead of just 5 options
  • caseda said:
    or go to a fibaro motion sensor, as that has a range for sensitivity, instead of just 5 options
    Sadly, I think this might have to be the option in this use case :(
  • Is there any way to manually force an update of the lux level on the PIRs? I've realised that in a couple of my flows the light level has been set when lights are on, but since the lights go off that value stays - i'd like to create some kind of flow where if a light is turned off it forces a light level update, but there doesnt seem to be any ...then actions?
  • You can not force it from homey, since it is a battery operated device so it will sleep for a set interval. The only thing you can do is lower the interval so it reports more often. But this will drain the battery faster.
  • You can not force it from homey, since it is a battery operated device so it will sleep for a set interval. The only thing you can do is lower the interval so it reports more often. But this will drain the battery faster.
    Ah, okay. Thanks. I think in this instance battery life > than what I want to do... ;)
  • You can set the level in Fibaro. If change is bigger then .... Lumen then the sensor reports the change to Homey... I have it set at 200:

If the light turns off, the sensor reports that to Homey?
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited October 2017
    bvdbos said:
    You can set the level in Fibaro. If change is bigger then .... Lumen then the sensor reports the change to Homey... I have it set at 200:

Fibaro should employ you ;) Yet another reason to look at an upgrade for certain rooms

Edit - actually, this is the same as is on the Neo, tho I only seem to get the report at the 180 interval

• vaderag said:
    bvdbos said:
    You can set the level in Fibaro. If change is bigger then .... Lumen then the sensor reports the change to Homey... I have it set at 200:

Fibaro should employ you ;) Yet another reason to look at an upgrade for certain rooms

Edit - actually, this is the same as is on the Neo, tho I only seem to get the report at the 180 interval

Looks like the same (excellent) dev worked on both  ;)
  • morning all, does anyone know if it is it possible to change the sensitivity with a flow?

I have my motion sensor being used for lights and alarm but it's too sensitive when on normal sensitivity for alarm (as the cat manages to set it off) but not sensitive enough on lower sensitivity for lights. Would be great to alter this in the flow...

Thanks!
  • vaderag said:
    morning all, does anyone know if it is it possible to change the sensitivity with a flow?

I have my motion sensor being used for lights and alarm but it's too sensitive when on normal sensitivity for alarm (as the cat manages to set it off) but not sensitive enough on lower sensitivity for lights. Would be great to alter this in the flow...

Thanks!
    @vaderag the motion sensor is a battery operated device, which from Z-wave perspective has a wake-up interval...
    so changing a setting will only take effect after the wake-up of the sensor.
    In order for this to work decently, you would need to set the wake-up interval to a shorter interval (e.g 3600 seconds) which will decrease the battery lifetime

Therefore, this option has not (yet) been implemented into the driver..
  • vaderag said:
    morning all, does anyone know if it is it possible to change the sensitivity with a flow?

Thanks!
    @vaderag the motion sensor is a battery operated device, which from Z-wave perspective has a wake-up interval...
    so changing a setting will only take effect after the wake-up of the sensor.
    In order for this to work decently, you would need to set the wake-up interval to a shorter interval (e.g 3600 seconds) which will decrease the battery lifetime

Therefore, this option has not (yet) been implemented into the driver..
    Hmm... okay. But would it not 'wake up' when it senses motion? For example, my homey is right beneath it and I use my homey to arm the alarm, so it would sense motion when i'm making that action and therefore report (and receive) the status from homey at the same time?

Side note - i just checked the battery as you had me thinking and it's still showing 100% after 4 weeks of use - this seems very good, but potentially an incorrect reading - is this normal?
  • Hi,

I have a small question about the door/window sensor. I have attached it to the front door and seemed to work for a bit bit but for a couple of hours now the sensor is reporting a contact alarm but the door is closed. 

And after I opened and closed the door again it was off again. What could have caused this behaviour?
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi,

I have a small question about the door/window sensor. I have attached it to the front door and seemed to work for a bit bit but for a couple of hours now the sensor is reporting a contact alarm but the door is closed. 

And after I opened and closed the door again it was off again. What could have caused this behaviour?
    99% of the time is turns out to be distance.... Try testing with a wall plug somewhere close.