This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Home presence flow activation

Hello,

i'm trying to figure out how to start a flow when i arrive at home. It works well with presence detecion (altough sometimes the app doesnt register if i leave home and but so far not a problem for me). What i am trying to achieve is when i arrive at home and open the door the flow starts. At the moment when i drive home, homey detects my presence a lot earlier when i'm driving near my home. This means the flow starts allready and i dont hear the cool speech messegaes homey says :D 

At first i tried this with my hallway light, when i turn on the hallway light and i'm home the flow would start. For some reason this wasnt working. My flow was presence detected -> and wall switch switched on -> actions i wanted to perform. This never worked as i intended.

I currently have a fibaro 4in1 door and motion sensor but this isnt supported by homey. I can switch this to something that homey supports. Also have considered a smart lock for my door that i could use. This wouldnt work always as sometimes my girlfriend is at home and doesnt lock the door. I'v set up some flows also when someone is home and i arrive, so those wouldnt trigger. 

Any ideas how i could achieve my goal? I installed countdown app also but i guess i didnt know how to use this properly. The idea was to start a countdown when presence is detected for example 600s. If in that time period someone turns on the hallway light the flow would start. 

Comments

• i was trying to do the same

the only thing i could come up with is precense in combination with a door sensor (that sends a message when the door opens). but then the flow also starts when you are leaving

• IF presence detected—->start timer
    When door is opened AND timer is running——> start timer again but now for 3 minutes.
    when timer is empty———> run speech flow.
  • Thanks, i made multiple flows and now it works. Had to do one extra flow tho, the speech flow started twice when i was home because the flow trigger sensor was a motion sensor. This meant that when motion was detected the first timer was still going. So i made an extra flow that stops the first timer and added this flow start into the speech flow.

If anyone intersted i can make some screenshots, could be useful. 
  • Well, with the "start timer again" u should use the card "turn hourglass"/"draai zandloper om" and that way u have still only 1 timer running?
  • Oh ok, great idea. I used two seperate timers but this way i can use only one and delete the extra flow. Thanks again.
  • Anytime.