This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Lamp & Scenes with a single switch

I have a lamp hooked up via a single momentary switch and a Fibaro Dimmer 2 (2-wire connection). I want to use the switch to turn the light on/off with 1 click and activate scenes with 2x and 3x clicks.

Now it seems that I can either use the switch to turn the light on/off and not activate scenes. Or when I reverse S1/S2 via the device settings in Homey, I can activate scenes but cannot use the switch to turn the light on/off.

Is it possible to toggle the light and scenes via a single switch via Homey?
Or do I need to buy a double switch?

Comments

• Thanks, managed to get it to work with Homey. 

For those who want to know:
    Variable
    S1 - Boolean

Flow 1
    IF Dimmer (S2) pressed 1x
    THEN Flip Boolean: S1 

Flow 2
    IF variable S1 changes AND when Dimmer=On
    THEN Dimmer=turn off
    ELSE Dimmer=turn on

In order to make it also work as a standalone solution, I assume I would probably have to use a double switch?
  • PeanudtPeanudt Member
    edited September 2017
    LOL

Tried before in 1 flow and it did not work with the "turn on/off" command, but if you use the single "turn on"' and "turn off" commands it works in a regular flow without variables.

Flow
    IF Dimmer (S2) pressed 1x AND when Dimmer=On 
    THEN Dimmer=turn off
    ELSE Dimmer=turn on
  • Peanudt said:
    I have a lamp hooked up via a single momentary switch and a Fibaro Dimmer 2 (2-wire connection). I want to use the switch to turn the light on/off with 1 click and activate scenes with 2x and 3x clicks.
    What's not working about this?
    3x click won't work because you put the dimmer in inclusion mode then, but 2x shouldn't be a problem. I use it too.

If you do get a double switch, you will of course get a lot more combination possibilities.
  • I have 2 scenes I want to trigger. If connected to S1, the light turns on/off with 1 click and a scène can be triggered by 2x click.

If I connect the lamp to S2 on the dimmer I can trigger 2 scenes (2x and 3x click), but the light does not turn on/off with 1 click.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2017
    Peanudt said:
    I have 2 scenes I want to trigger. If connected to S1, the light turns on/off with 1 click and a scène can be triggered by 2x click.

If I connect the lamp to S2 on the dimmer I can trigger 2 scenes (2x and 3x click), but the light does not turn on/off with 1 click.
    You could create a flow to toggle your dimmer with a 1x click of the S2 switch.

That way you can turn on/off the light with 1x S2, and you still have 2x and 3x left for triggering your other scenes