This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Create media player app for Zidoo X6

baboonenbaboonen Member
edited September 2017 in Devices
Hi,

I have a media player (Zidoo X6) at home and would like to control it through Homey. I don't have any experience in building apps. Therefore is there someone who can help me building one? Or is there a way to teach myself in creating it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    baboonen said:
    Hi,

I have a media player (Zidoo X6) at home and would like to control it through Homey. I don't have any experience in building apps. Therefore is there someone who can help me building one? Or is there a way to teach myself in creating it?

Thanks in advance.
    With only this information a developer can't make an app, how can Homey connect to your device. Give as much information possible so a potential developer can see if he can make an app. You can already use the Kodi or Plex app if it's running on of those
  • Well what kind of information should I dig up?

I guess it works via DLNA and therefore has an IP address. It also works with infrared but don't want to use that of course. It uses a modified version of Kodi.

I want to use certain apps on this media player:

- the modified version of Kodi
    - Netflix
    - Google Photos
    - Youtube

What else is necessary in order to develop an app? 
  • Have you tried the kodi app?
  • @WRos As I mentioned in my last post I want more than the modified version of Kodi. Therefore I would like to control the media player. 

By the way: it is an Android media player. Don't know if this helps :)

• There isn't any app for it right now. I'd you know how, you could make one.
    Thirst I give you advice to think about what you what to automate with Homey. 
    Basic steps like start up and shutdown could possible. (Wake on lan and kodi app)

Try to use the Kodi app.
  • Well that's exact the reason why I started this app. I would like to make one. And no, I don't want to use the Kodi app.

Who could help me build an app?
  • No, I don't have that knowledge.
    You could take the code from the kodi app, and change it for the x6.
  • And again, which action you want in your app.
  • baboonen said:
    Well that's exact the reason why I started this app. I would like to make one. And no, I don't want to use the Kodi app.

Who could help me build an app?
    More information to make an app can be found at developers.athom.com or join Slack where is a developers channel. First you need to decide what you are going to build and how, then you can ask direct questions about it :)