This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

BeNext RFID/NFC Tag Reader

2»

Comments

• Is the register option on? And what does the event log say when you present a tag?

Registering a new tag:
    Press away button
    Present tag

That should generate a new ID , if one isn't created yet. 
  • Do you guys experience any bad connectivity? I have been using it now for several weeks and originally I thought I made some flow mistakes. 

But it looks like nothing reaches the homey in certain situation. 

I have a big zwave network and the homey is only few meters away. 
  • Is the register option on? And what does the event log say when you present a tag?

Registering a new tag:
    Press away button
    Present tag

Hmm lets see:
    Always Awake: mode1
    Operation Mode: RFID & numeric codes are reported in gateway mode
    Gateway conformation: Home / Away always possible
    Add Tags: Registration of Tags are allowed

• Registering a tag by away button + present tag: Event log didn't receive a new log item (LED on tagreader on for 5 seconds or more, no sound)
    • Registering a tag by home button + present tag: Event log didn't receive a new log item (LED on tagreader on for 5 seconds or more, no sound)
    • Registering a tag by ENTER then away button + present tag: Event log contains scene started, TAG/CODE ID or scene: 5 (LED on tagreader flashes, and beeping sound)
    • A Zipato tag AG/CODE ID or scene: 4
    A new ID is not created unfortunatly

Chers,
    Zev

Registering a new tag:
    Press away button
    Present tag

Well thanks for the support. Will send the device back. It doesn't accept tags and even a 5 number user code is 8 of 10 send too early or not send at all.

I am open for other solutions / products though

Cheers,
    Zev
  • Can anyone confirm if this is Z-Wave or Z-Wave Plus?
  • The 500 series is zwave+
  • The 500 series is zwave+
    Great - thank you!
    And to confirm, can you set up each tag with a different person's ID? (so I can know who is in / away?)
  • vaderag said:
    The 500 series is zwave+
    Great - thank you!
    And to confirm, can you set up each tag with a different person's ID? (so I can know who is in / away?)

yes, and also with a pin code
  • quakerixquakerix Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi guys,

I have this benext tag reader 500. Love the app etc. but its range seems to be terrible. I can't pair the device unless its located next to the Homey (few cm). If I try to pair it next to a neo power socked, it will fail somewhere in the process.

Any tips? I love the app, the reader, the integration. But if the alarm is not working 100% of the time. It is useless. People are entering the home and the alarm goes off while they disabled it. At the start i thought it was my complex flows. But now I just have action which is a mobile notification. And it works in 75% of the time.

Any tips? Or I will need to return this device and look for an alternative. Which I didn't really find last time.

I repaired the tag reader, cleared tags. And now i'm unable to add new tags. Its set to learning mode. But it beeps a few times, but nothing is shown in the log :( :( :( i think i'll return this device :(

Modbreak:

Merged the topic with already existing topic, please use the search function next time

• I have this one in use for a couple of weeks now. Range is indeed not great, but after pairing it in the same room as Homey and moving it to the right spot it is working. Be sure to put it into gateway mode and use gateway confirmation. Haven't had any false or missed actions yet.
  • I have this one in use for a couple of weeks now. Range is indeed not great, but after pairing it in the same room as Homey and moving it to the right spot it is working. Be sure to put it into gateway mode and use gateway confirmation. Haven't had any false or missed actions yet.
    What I find curious is that it isn't connecting to my nearby z-wave devices. After weeks and turning it on/off multiple times, i keeps connecting to devices that are further away.

And I can only pair the device by putting it next to the Homey, and even then, I need to retry multiple times. Pairing it on any distance keeps failing.

While I now re-paired the device,  it seems like the Benext app is broken. I'm unable to create new tags. Not sure what to do :(