This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

I would like to hire a Homey expert.

LuukvDLuukvD Member
edited September 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi, 

I've got a Homey.
I've got IP camera's.
I've got quit a bit of Z-Wave devices. 
I've got a Synology. 

I don't have time.
I don't have a lot of knowledge of flows, devices, geo-fencing, Telegram, ImageGrabber, etc. 
I don't have all my devices working. 
I don't have all the flows I want.
I don't get all the messages I want. 

So, I am not using my devices / Homey to the max. And that's too bad. 

I do have got money to spend on a programmer. 

I'd say Athom is a company who wouldn't mind to receive my money. 

I want to buy minutes of 'programming', done by some who can make the flows I want. Ofcourse online, not onsite. 

Unfortunately the Homey is more user-unfriendly then I expected. But I guess this is good news for Athom, another way of making money, right? 

So, what's the URL of the webshop where I can buy the minutes? 

Comments

• Modbreak: I changed the title of your post to be a bit more friendly

• LuukvD said:
    So, what's the URL of the webshop where I can buy the minutes? 

Did understand your whole message and wanted to write what do you want to be done but after that sentence i thought do it yourself in the webshop where you buy free time :) 
  • What is the problem, your devices are all compatible, i have a very simular setup here.
    You can use your synology for camera and recording and let Homey start/stop them.
    Z-wave is support, so if your devices are already connected (and reqonized) it should be very easy to create the flows.

What kind of flows are you thinking about, what should they do?
  • B3rt said:
    You can use your synology for camera and recording and let Homey start/stop them.
    Z-wave is support, so if your devices are already connected (and reqonized) it should be very easy to create the flows.
    and it is rather fun to build your own flows, even the most simple ones. Not to mention the joy of success. This awesome forum gives you almost all that you need to do so.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2017
    Agree with @Danone, the taste of succes is sweet...

However, struggling to get there can be time consuming. So, you have a valid point. 

You should specify your location, perhaps a Homey user lives around the corner/block. 
  • I think if you invest, say an hour or 2, into getting to know the Homey system, you don't need to hire a programmer.

If you happen to live near Amsterdam, it would not be a problem for me to help you get started and make some flows together. And I am sure there will be some other nice people from the forum that would do the same (wasn't there a "Homey ambassadors" page around somewhere? Can't find it...).

If you make a list of what you wish to accomplish in your home, and show what kind of devices you own, we might be able to help.
  • Bram said:
    Modbreak: I changed the title of your post to be a bit more friendly

Thanks, that was indeed necessary. 

Maybe I should visit an ambassador.  :) 

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    jorden said:
    If you happen to live near Amsterdam, it would not be a problem for me to help you get started and make some flows together. And I am sure there will be some other nice people from the forum that would do the same (wasn't there a "Homey ambassadors" page around somewhere? Can't find it...).

The Homey Ambassador program has stopped and the page on the website has been removed
  • And a page where I can find various example flows? 

I am still looking for a working 'battery empty' flow for all my devices. 

And for some flows to send foto's to my phone when a doorsensor/doorbell/moving sensor is triggered. 
  • Oh, and I am gonna remove my smart radiator knobs. Shitty solution. 
  • @LuukvD have you tried to make a flow for the "battery empty" flow?
    There is a trigger for the NEO devices. I don't know which device you are using. I thinks it must be possible and you didn't need an example, because it simple.

What the problem with the smart radiator knobs? Which one are you using?

• Well, I made several flows, but I never got any messages on my phone when a devices is empty. 

The Danfoss valve's. Keeps giving errors.. E05, and eats a set of batteries in a no time. I'm gonne toss them. 7 of them. If anyone is interested. 

No idea what a NEO device is.. 

Isn't there a flow library or something? 

Oh, and my Fibaro wall plug never worked as a measurement tool. And the Homey keeps kicking it out of it's network.  

Oh, and my CO2 meter isn't supported. 

Oh, and some outdoor movement sensor isn't supported. 

Oh, and decent geofencing is impossible to install (based on my WiFi network). 

And. And. And. 

I just want to hire someone to fix these things. I am looking for proper support. 

Oh, and I read somewhere that when my house burns downs my Fibaro smokesensors don't do shit. Wonderfull. 

• You have to focus on only one challenge at a time.

• I’m interested in your Danfoss TRV’s....    also still that other Q. Where abouts are you ?
  • I'm in Hengelo. 

• You are one unique smelling salad my friend.