This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Fibaro door/window sensor => sabotage triggered

EternityEternity Member
edited July 2017 in Devices
I recently bought a second hand Fibaro door/window sensor (which I intend to use with the built in potential free connection hooked up to a old-school doorbell push button).

Pairing to Homey worked after 5 attempts. Nice!

The sabotage alarm is triggered and does not stop....

How can that be solved?

Tagged:

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    See the battery level...? 
  • Yes, and ordered new one... 

Is that the reason for the tamper / sabotage trigger?
  • casedacaseda Member
    if the battery is too low to send the "tamper off" signal, then yes.

could also be the distance and/or other interferences in the air/surroundings
  • Thanks. I will see what happens once I get the new battery. 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2017
    Replaced the battery with a new one, woke up the sensor with a triple click in order to update Homey. The 'sabotage' alarm is still active *and* the battery status is still 1%  :'(

Anyone with an idea what I can do to solve this (minor!) issue.

PS
    The LED on the sensor is far brighter, so the new battery does have more power.

PPS
    Could I have added it as a 'wrong' door sensor? I saw 3 versions during the inclusion but needed several attempts with all 3 versions to get it to work.

• swtttswttt Member
    You did tried to reset the sensor and re-pair it again?
    edited July 2017
    No, I did not.... 

I thought that a re pair was not necessary, after a battery replacement. The device is still seen by Homey and the actual door sensor works flawlessly! 

Anyway...I reset and re-paired the sensor:

I have a full battery :-)
    Tamper alarm is still flashing :-(

• swtttswttt Member
    Well, i am not sure...but always worth a shot
  • Thanks swttt!

I tried what you suggested, the result is n improvement => battery status is updated correctly.
    Unfortunately the tamper alarm is still flashing.

Bedankt voor je snelle reactie en suggestie!
  • swtttswttt Member
    Oooh my last reply got cut-off... You did do a device reset? (some vids on youtube on how to). Just to be sure :smile:
    Actually shouldn't affect it much.

Range is good as well? Does the tamper still acts the same near homey?

It could of course be a faulty unit you bought...but i had the same in the beginning as well. Not sure how i fixed this tho :smile:
  • Yes, reset, removed from Homey and re-included the sensor.
    It works great; open/close is seen by Homey instantly!

Battery status is good, too. It us just that bloody red flashing of the temper/sabotage alarm :-(

BTW 
    I have place the sensor 5 centimeters from my Homey, but the temper is always active
  • Seems I am not the only one...
    Same issue here
    edited July 2017
    I think I now know what is the cause; both temper buttons on the Fibaro should be pressed when it is in normal use. In my case one is not presses, as the 'lip' is broken.

source: click

Hey there,

Fibaro has two tamper switches, one on the back of it and one which is internal. You need to make sure that both of them are fully pressed and stay pressed even if the door close causes a mechanic shock.

If you are positive both tamper switches stay pressed, you may want to log a ticket with our Customer Care as well, to see if there is a possible bug they can report.

@Moderator
    May be marked as 'solved' !
  • casedacaseda Member
    Modbreak:
    Marked as solved (on request of user)
  • Having the exact same problem while both tamper switches are pressed. Checked this as the default action on tampering alert is "led on"

So whenever I release the back button the led goes on or whenever I remove the cover, the led goes on as well.. Indicating that both switches are working and are pressed..

Already removed, resetted etc but no joy :(
  • @vk900 did you by any chance changed any of the settings?
    and disabled the "turn off sabotage alarm" setting or changed the time for the cancellation.

if not, then try to change the corresponding setting to another value, save, and put it back to the original state, save and wake up te device manually
  • caseda said:
    @vk900 did you by any chance changed any of the settings?
    and disabled the "turn off sabotage alarm" setting or changed the time for the cancellation.

if not, then try to change the corresponding setting to another value, save, and put it back to the original state, save and wake up te device manually

Initially I didn't change settings and later on I did but without results. I re-added it again (so it got default settings but also no results.)

I'll try to change the settings again, change it back to original and then wake up the device manually. (guess this is done by breaking the magnet contact for instance?)
  • vk900 said:
    caseda said:
    @vk900 did you by any chance changed any of the settings?

Initially I didn't change settings and later on I did but without results. I re-added it again (so it got default settings but also no results.)

I'll try to change the settings again, change it back to original and then wake up the device manually. (guess this is done by breaking the magnet contact for instance?)
    Unfortunately the problem still exists :(
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited September 2017
    I just bought this sensor - brand new 100% battery and just set it up. The tamper on mine is permanently on too... anyone able to advise how I might fix this?

One thing I don't understand fully from the instructions is if one or both (internal / external) tamper switches need to be pressed to disable... they both are (in theory - it's closed and stuck to the wall), but would help in trying to identify if that's an issue...

I'm also confused what the "Tamper Cancellation" tick box option does...

Edit: additionally I have set the LED to come on on Tamper and it doesnt come on until I remove the cover...
  • Just to add to the above I have tried unpairing, re-pairing and installing with each of the three 3 different Door/Window Sensor device options and one of them didnt work (no battery reading) but the other two seemed to work fine but neither turns the tamper alarm off...
  • Mine is also always showing the tamper alarm :/ Battery drains down quickly..
  • zimbra said:
    Mine is also always showing the tamper alarm :/ Battery drains down quickly..
    My battery is still showing 100% but only been running for 18hours. So it's either draining very slowly (as I'd expect) or reporting incorrectly... only time will tell

Tamper Alarm is constant tho :(

• :( drained completely in 2 weeks
  • zimbra said:

:( drained completely in 2 weeks
    Are you using the temperature sensor etc or just open/close?
    (also, side note, how do you view that graph?!)
  • Mine is also reporting sabotage 24/7 and the battery drained in 2 months. Other forum members pointed out that battery drain should not happen thru sabotage reporting.... 

Anyway, I hate batteries, so removed it and soldered a mains adaptor to the battery holder.
    It now shows a steady 100% :-)

• vk900vk900 Member
    edited September 2017
    vaderag said:
    Just to add to the above I have tried unpairing, re-pairing and installing with each of the three 3 different Door/Window Sensor device options and one of them didnt work (no battery reading) but the other two seemed to work fine but neither turns the tamper alarm off...

I had the same issue on mine as well: no battery reading... after retrying it did retrieved battery meter again.
    At least I'm happy to see that i'm not the only one with the sabotage alarm staying on

Maybe good if a moderator revises this thread and unchecks the "Solved" flag
  • vk900 said:
    vaderag said:
    Just to add to the above I have tried unpairing, re-pairing and installing with each of the three 3 different Door/Window Sensor device options and one of them didnt work (no battery reading) but the other two seemed to work fine but neither turns the tamper alarm off...

I had the same issue on mine as well: no battery reading... after retrying it did retrieved battery meter again.
    At least I'm happy to see that i'm not the only one with the sabotage alarm staying on

Maybe good if a moderator revises this thread and unchecks the "Solved" flag
    I've reported it to support so hopefully it's being looked into (given it's an official app)
  • So I found some reproducible behavior:

Since Homey 1.5.3 they fixed the description fields (as it a appears) so you can actually see the full name of a device:

In my case I got a white Door/Windows Sensor 2. This is important to note as the website where I bought this mentions that only the "white" Sensor 2 has Zwave+ compatibility.

So now:

- when I added my device as a "Door/Windows Sensor (zwave+)" then I don't get battery status.
    - when I add the Door/Windows Sensor 2  (the description lacks "zwave+" and makes it a bit unclear, but that's probably because Sensor2 doesn't have zwave+ except the "white" one) I get the sabotage alarm constantly.
    - when I add the Door/Windows Sensor 2 while keeping the button pressed during the adding device cycle I don't get the sabotage alarm and it stays on "No" for ever, even when the the cover is opened up.

You can try this last scenario yourself by having the sensor on the table and effectively press 4 times and hold it to the table to simulate the button is pressed during the add procedure.

• vk900 said:
    So I found some reproducible behavior:

Since Homey 1.5.3 they fixed the description fields (as it a appears) so you can actually see the full name of a device:

In my case I got a white Door/Windows Sensor 2. This is important to note as the website where I bought this mentions that only the "white" Sensor 2 has Zwave+ compatibility.

So now:

- when I added my device as a "Door/Windows Sensor (zwave+)" then I don't get battery status.
    - when I add the Door/Windows Sensor 2  (the description lacks "zwave+" and makes it a bit unclear, but that's probably because Sensor2 doesn't have zwave+ except the "white" one) I get the sabotage alarm constantly.
    - when I add the Door/Windows Sensor 2 while keeping the button pressed during the adding device cycle I don't get the sabotage alarm and it stays on "No" for ever, even when the the cover is opened up.

You can try this last scenario yourself by having the sensor on the table and effectively press 4 times and hold it to the table to simulate the button is pressed during the add procedure.

So it seems this is a symptom with all versions of the device then, since mine is v1 Zwave+ (incidentally, all v2 are Z-Wave+ in all colours, v1 has a few colours in Zwave+, and v1 whole range in Zwave, so you can't tell which version you have by colour)
  • I have this problem too. It's just that I don't use this functionality so it don't bother me this much.