This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

3D printing a electric switch cover

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in 3D printing and building a model in 3D-software. 

The goal is to create a cover that fits in style with the NEO-switch. Not sure what the English word for it is exactly, in Dutch it is the 'afdekraam'. The plug itself (the part in the middle) can easily be found in a proper white color. But the cover requires to be in my case very thin.

So I want to do this little project since I have 4 more rooms that I want to resolve. But I was wondering if anyone knows good 3D-software to build the model an da 3D-printing company. Maybe a company that helps customers like me. 

If I google, there's so much results on companies that print and software to do 3D-models. So I was wondering if anyone has any experience? Costs are hopefully in nog exceeding 10-20 euro's per piece.

Because this looks ugly: 

Comments

• @quakerix I think @m-ruiter found on Ali some matching glass frames including electrical sockets; not sure if he posted some pictures in the Neo topic, or only on Slack...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited September 2017
    Here i am

EU standaard dubbele gang stopcontact, duitsland type stopcontact, wit Crystal gehard glas panel, 16A muur socket,
    (from AliExpress Android)

They match the neo wallswitch petfect.

They also have the single or tripple socket in the store.
    Link fixed by mod.
  • mruiter said:
    Here i am

EU standaard dubbele gang stopcontact, duitsland type stopcontact, wit Crystal gehard glas panel, 16A muur socket,
    (from AliExpress Android)

They match the neo wallswitch petfect.

They also have the single or tripple socket in the store.
    Oh that would be Awesome. But your link is a 404.
  • bvdbos said:
    Thanks !

but I doubt If this is going to work. The single frame is probably to big to fit beneath the switch. there is very litle room between the two.

And the two frame versions (switch + stekker) have a built in switch. That switch is probably not replaceable by the Neo.

or am I missing something ?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited September 2017
    look in the shop... they have a single socket. so just 1 x 220 outlet and that single frame is a perfect match to put next to the neo switch or under or above or what else you can think of.

the double was just an example it could find in 10 seconds while doing. lots of other stuff at the same time.
    Imagine what you could find in the shop with some effort .

nevermind ill do it Kijk eens wat ik heb gevonden op AliExpress http://s.aliexpress.com/mmMryMJB