This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Logitech, Logitech and more Logitech

Of course, Homey makes everything obsolete... but having to deal with the opposite sex and kids below an certain age, not to mention the quality of speech recognition, a physical remote will still be needed around for years. 

Homey and my Harmony Elite / Hub work great together.... well, at least one way. I really really really would like to see Athom to work with Logitech. Simply to add the Homey as an Home control device  within the Logitech software will unlock all Homey has to offer to my Harmony remote and the ability to use the home control (domotica) buttons on the remote. 

Comments

• jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    Interesting idea! Maybe a nice addition to the Homey Harmony App if Athom doesn't pick up on this. 
  • As a workaround you could create a dummy ir device in your Harmony setup. Than add this same device inside Homey and create flows that are triggered with "when a button is pressed" for that ir device.

It would require Homey to be in range of the Harmony ir blaster though.
  • Well, got it working with an old Hue bridge (second hand €5) and borrowed 4 hue lamps from a friend. Can use the home control buttons on the Harmony Elite now thanx to homey (buttons trigger flows, 8 flows to be exact).
  • @Rwin

That's cool! 
    How did you manage this? Is it because the Elite supports more Home Control functions than other Harmony remotes? 

I can use the remote to control Hue lamps, but can't assign buttons to execute commands. I believe this is because my Logitech Ultimate hasn't got all Home Control options, which the Elite does. 
  • Eternity said:
    @Rwin

That's cool! 
    How did you manage this? Is it because the Elite supports more Home Control functions than other Harmony remotes? 

I can use the remote to control Hue lamps, but can't assign buttons to execute commands. I believe this is because my Logitech Ultimate hasn't got all Home Control options, which the Elite does. 
    Well, the Elite has some own specific buttons for home control. You can only activate them by adding a supported device through the Logitech software. Most devices / brands are luxury devices / niche products. But Philips was in the list. So adding Philips Bridge and lights made the button work. Homey also supports the same Hub and bulbs...

I removed the lights (not within the bridge!). Logitech only looks at the Bridge (so does Homey) not if the light is physical present. So now the buttons work with bulbs that are not present. Made a flow within Homey If Bulb 1 is pressed on then Toggle Zwave lamp 1 On/off 
  • You could use HA-Bridge to simulate a Hue bridge and add http API devices to it.
  • @Rwin
    Thanks for the reply!

At the moment I want to keep the Bridge. I also understood that Logitech might (...) extend the functionality of my remote. Currently it is not fully supported, unlike the Elite.
  • swttt said:
    You could use HA-Bridge to simulate a Hue bridge and add http API devices to it.
    Please do explain to fairly newbies. Does the HA-Bridge run on Homey?
  • @Rwin
    I totally agree with you. Homey would really benefit with a a deal with Logitech to be a supported device, like Smartthings. I actually counting this to happen, I see Homey as a link between all my systems and Logitech are one of the big actors in media room area. 
    I would like to see a confirmation from Athom that they workin on it.
  • I wholeheartedly agree too.