This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Stable

Comments

• Did u log in to see the page?

• ingmar said:
    danone said:
    RuudvB said:
    ingmar said:
    Hi, great update but since I am on 1.5.1. I have huge delays with flows being executed. Walking into a room with a fibaro (or aeotec) motion sensor normally switches light on instantly, now it takes about 10-20 seconds. On the app I see the motion triggered right away, but then it is waiting for the light to be turned on... Any ideas what would causing this? Also, what I noticed is that the Zwave network graph is kind of exploded, normally a device would have 1 or 2 lines to the homey, now each device has 5-10 lines? Maybe that's why switching on the light take a while?
    Although not as extreme as your situation, I also experience extra delay with z-wave devices after updating to 1.5.1
    Most devices have an extra 2-3 seconds before responding....
    Same!  :'( Some devices takes 2-3 seconds to respond, others more like 5-10 seconds and most of them instant response. Then once a device is switch on/off the response time is fast. Then again after a while left alone, the same device takes long time to respond.
    all since 1.5.1

Yes, I observe that as well, as if the homey gets into sleep mode... Do you guys see something changed in the zwave diagram as well? (system > zwave > stuff for geeks > show). see https://imgur.com/a/n2vvV

here also!
  • I have a flow: When the sun goes down, 8 lights have to be turne on. 6 via kaku, 2 via Z-wave.me. One day its ok, the other day one of the light are not turn on. Sometimes 1 in the living. Sometimes 1 in the kitchen and sometimes 1 in the bedroom. In random. Never had problems in Homey 1.3.**
  • Well, that's rather unclear :) Is it the zwave-lights or the KaKu lights? If you seperate them with two seconds (or maybe even one second) delay this will probably work...
  • Bedrooms are zwave. living and kitchen kaku. But pherhaps, yeah, it's going a little to fast for Homey right now ;-)
  • Pietje5 said:
    Bedrooms are zwave. living and kitchen kaku. But pherhaps, yeah, it's going a little to fast for Homey right now ;-)
    bvdbos said:
    Well, that's rather unclear :) Is it the zwave-lights or the KaKu lights? If you seperate them with two seconds (or maybe even one second) delay this will probably work...
    Strange. Kitchen is the first in line in the flow makes no sence to delay. Maybe first a fresh start......
  • Not to fast for Homey but Homey is to fast for the protocols used ;-) At least for 433 KaKu that's a known issue which may or may not appear...
  • bvdbos said:
    Not to fast for Homey but Homey is to fast for the protocols used ;-) At least for 433 KaKu that's a known issue which may or may not appear...
    I will try the delay tip and see what happens. Thnx for now
  • ingmaringmar Member
    edited September 2017
    My zwave is getting worse by the day... A simple on/off command to a fibaro plug doesn't come through often, the plug sits next to the homey. I see lots of repeating below in the zwavelog, as well to many devices and they seem to fill up the zwave processqueue. Rebooting does solve it for an hour. As said before, didn't have any problems wit 1.3.x. I am on 1.5.2 now hoping an experimental update will fix this as my house is now really unautomated.

Command[1965] end: sendData
    [2017-09-15T07:36:08.293Z] ProcessSendData[1965]: Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK
    [2017-09-15T07:36:08.295Z] ProcessSendData[1964]: To node: 77 with data: 0x988089747ad64df078b6 and txOptions: ACK,AUTO_ROUTE
    [2017-09-15T07:36:08.298Z] Command[1964] end: sendData

node 77 is a fibaro motion sensor zwave plus
  • ingmar said:
    My zwave is getting worse by the day... A simple on/off command to a fibaro plug doesn't come through often, the plug sits next to the homey. I see lots of repeating below in the zwavelog, as well to many devices and they seem to fill up the zwave processqueue. Rebooting does solve it for an hour. As said before, didn't have any problems wit 1.3.x. I am on 1.5.2 now hoping an experimental update will fix this as my house is now really unautomated.
    I have similar problems with one specific Fibaro plug around 1m away from Homey, but this existed on 1.3.x already. 

It basically just appears to stop responding, but the Fibaro door sensor in the same location works fine.

Usually, manually turning the device off and on, or unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes the problem. 

But 95% of the time, I just give Homey a reboot and it starts working again. 
  • ingmar said:
    I have similar problems with one specific Fibaro plug around 1m away from Homey, but this existed on 1.3.x already. 

It basically just appears to stop responding, but the Fibaro door sensor in the same location works fine.

Usually, manually turning the device off and on, or unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes the problem. 

But 95% of the time, I just give Homey a reboot and it starts working again. 

thanks for your comment. Unfortunately my problems are really due to a congested zwave queue. Once the queue is empty the switch works perfectly.
  • elwin23 said:
    Hi,
    I am trying to add my first Zigabee product, but during pairing it's telling me the device is already added (even after I reset the Zigbee network).
    It's a BitronHome Smart-plug 902010/128
    Anything I'm doing wrong?
    Also tried to delete the device, but when I enter the plug in pairing mode and pressing the delete button, it doesn't respond to that device/delete anything. (I never successfully added this device and didn't try any other Zigbee yet)
    I feel like I'm being ignored ;)
  • BitronHome doesn't have an app yet so it will only be added as a basic device. If you can't delete it through the normal way you can go to settings-zigbee, select the device in the graph and choose delete there. Let it time out and confirm you want to delete it anyway...
  • Thanks @bvdbos but I have never been able to add it, don't see any graph nor devices, and already tried to delete it anyway despite there is nothing there.
    What do you mean as a basic device? Would it still function?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited September 2017
    Probably, but you don't see a graph under "settings-zigbee-stuff for geeks"? Like this one (but this one is for Zwave):

• Nope, it shows a button like in the middle saying 'Homey - coordinator - online'. Also when I refresh. The network information below that does tell me channel 11, pan Id and ex pan Id, and the state is filled with text as well (but nothing about a device).

Also what I forgot to mention, after waiting long when pressing delete a device, it says (in Dutch) didn't found a device to delete, make sure the device is turned on and available.
  • Lookk like a bug to me, could you file an issue on:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • elwin23 said:
    Nope, it shows a button like in the middle saying 'Homey - coordinator - online'. Also when I refresh. The network information below that does tell me channel 11, pan Id and ex pan Id, and the state is filled with text as well (but nothing about a device).

Also what I forgot to mention, after waiting long when pressing delete a device, it says (in Dutch) didn't found a device to delete, make sure the device is turned on and available.
    Homey is your coordinator, if you don't see other devices there is nothing else on zigbee connected.
  • True, but Homey shouldn't say it's added already then :) Also, afaik Zigbee devices can be added as on/off devices even without an app installed. Much like zwave...
  • Fyi, my zwave problems are solved now. It has nothing todo with 1.5, but with devices who had bad or no reception anymore. One thing what did change is the zwave graph, actually the graph is fixed now as in the previous releases (<1.5) the graph didn't show all relations.

What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location. Then add the battery devices to homey from the location where you going to put them. This can take a couple of times before it succeeds as the devices often need to communicate via the permanent powered devices. My mistake was adding all battery devices next to homey and then move them to the other side of the house, the mesh routing table isn't correct anymore and things start to fail. Thanks for the support.

• What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location.
    That is not possible... To include a mains powered z-wave device, I have to have Homey within 1 meter distance... So, it can't stay in Iets base location. 
  • Eternity said:

What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location.
    That is not possible... To include a mains powered z-wave device, I have to have Homey within 1 meter distance... So, it can't stay in Iets base location. 

But then you are saying you are moving the homey through your house? Or do you add all the main powered devices next to homey's base location?
  • ingmar said:
    Eternity said:

What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location.

But then you are saying you are moving the homey through your house? Or do you add all the main powered devices next to homey's base location?
    Yes, just take homey for a walk through your house. This what I do and that works fine until WiFi reception gets poor. I have homey on a power bank as a UPS solution. You then don't have to restart (and wait...) all the time.
  • Has anyone used voicecomnands trough mobile app after update 1.5.3? Not working anymore for me
  • Pietje5 said:
    Has anyone used voicecomnands trough mobile app after update 1.5.3? Not working anymore for me
    problem solved ;-)

• RuudvB said:
    ingmar said:
    Eternity said:

Yes, just take homey for a walk through your house. This what I do and that works fine until WiFi reception gets poor. I have homey on a power bank as a UPS solution. You then don't have to restart (and wait...) all the time.

powerbank works perfectly indeed!
  • ingmar said:
    Fyi, my zwave problems are solved now. It has nothing todo with 1.5, but with devices who had bad or no reception anymore. One thing what did change is the zwave graph, actually the graph is fixed now as in the previous releases (<1.5) the graph didn't show all relations.

What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location. Then add the battery devices to homey from the location where you going to put them. This can take a couple of times before it succeeds as the devices often need to communicate via the permanent powered devices. My mistake was adding all battery devices next to homey and then move them to the other side of the house, the mesh routing table isn't correct anymore and things start to fail. Thanks for the support.
    How did you manage to add (battery) devices that are too far away from Homey? Normally this is not possible because NIF-packets are not routed through permanantly powered devices. Also, every night a network heal is performed automatically which rebuilds the routing table in all devices. At least, this is what I understand from the ZWave protocol. Am I missing something here?
  • Any people having issues with speech recognition? Since the latest (or 5.1-2) almost none of my spoken commands are taken. Homey goes white, spins a few and returns to rainbow. Also the "what hears homey page" stays blank.
    Nop.

• @elwin23
    bvdbos said:
    True, but Homey shouldn't say it's added already then :) Also, afaik Zigbee devices can be added as on/off devices even without an app installed. Much like zwave...

Added three GU10 Tradfri yesterday (one by one ;-) ) but at least two didn't add the first time,  I think I have seen the Device already exist two times (maybe 3). But opening the Add Wizard again and doing direct a Power off - 2 seconds wait - PowerOn Added them. 
This discussion has been closed.