This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

LG Smart TV

Sinds 2 dagen de Homey in huis en het lukt me heel aardig om alles in huis aan de praat te krijgen.
Hue werkt perfect, Somfy werkt perfect, Kaku dito en ook de Homewizard gaat prima.
Het lukt me alleen niet om mijn LG Smart TV 55lw650s-zc goed te krijgen.
Van alles geprobeerd. de 2 apps die ervoor zijn krijg ik niet aan de praat, de afstandsbediening inleren wil niet lukken, kortom .....ik weet het ff niet meer. Iemand al een werkende oplossing gevonden? Alvast veel dank voor de te nemen moeite.  

Comments

• Firstly, this is an english-speaking forum, please try to stick to the rules :)

Secondly, I have no experience with LG smart TVs, but is Infra-red an option? This is build-in in Homey and doesn't require an app.
  • I own a LG 55UB850V, and I could only use it like it was a Chromecast. But since the chromecast app was updated, i couldn't connect it anymore.

yesterday I saw I got a firmwareupdate pushed from LG,. And now I can use the LG-app fro athom to control input/station/power and volume. But casting i still inpossible.

The LG-tv can only be found when it is connected through wifi. When it is connected by wire, you can't find it.
  • Was my first posting on the forum. Sorry for breaking rules although it's a little bit odd that speaking Dutch in my own country regarding a beautifull dutch product is forbidden:) 
    Tried the infrared as said, but didn't work either. The remark Stamplus made about the WiFi can make sense as my TV is wired. I will try it via WiFi in a couple of days and will post the outcome of that. 
    Thx very much for the quick reactions. 
  • stamplus said:
    I own a LG 55UB850V, and I could only use it like it was a Chromecast. But since the chromecast app was updated, i couldn't connect it anymore.

yesterday I saw I got a firmwareupdate pushed from LG,. And now I can use the LG-app fro athom to control input/station/power and volume. But casting i still inpossible.

The LG-tv can only be found when it is connected through wifi. When it is connected by wire, you can't find it.
    I had the same problem on the first days of the updated Chromecast app (Sony TV). However, the Chromecast app got updated a few days later and it works for me now. Have you tried the app again in the last couple days?
  • @ton how do you want to control the tv?

I have a 47LM620S and it works fine overhere..
    For powering on I use the infrared (because the tv has no wake on lan). 
    For controlling the tv I use the app from @jorden (channel change..etc)

• tonton Member
    edited December 2016
    mbalik79 said:
    @ton how do you want to control the tv?

I have a 47LM620S and it works fine overhere..
    For powering on I use the infrared (because the tv has no wake on lan). 
    For controlling the tv I use the app from @jorden (channel change..etc)

I just want to use the power on/off for the Homey in order to get this in a flow.  For controlling the tv I use an app for IPad . 
  • If you add an IR device and choose the "LG meerdere modellen" and than make a flow for fireing the signal Power oN, does that work?

• mbalik79 said:
    If you add an IR device and choose the "LG meerdere modellen" and than make a flow for fireing the signal Power oN, does that work?

Tried that also, but no. Didn't work. I can see all the buttons and use them, but tv doesn't react. 
  • @ton

I use these flows to power on my TV (with a bitflip, so I can use it in the app)

One question..do you need a pairing key to use a app on you're phone to control you're tv?
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited December 2016
    Are you on slack? It's easier to chat

https://developers.athom.com/slack/
  • mbalik79 said:
    Are you on slack? It's easier to chat

https://developers.athom.com/slack/
    I will try it tomorrow for today I'm on the move for the rest of the day. Not on slack yet. Thx a lot for your help until now. First experience with forum. Very positive!!! 
  • It works!!! I'm happy. 
  • And maybe u share how u did it for future references?
  • i would also like to know. How do you make such a variable....
  • Hi guys, of course I want to share it. By the end I succeeded in the way mbalik79 suggested before. I tried that a couple of times and suddenly it worked. So, I didn't find a new way. TV was cabled and use "LG meerdere modellen" to put the power on/off in a wave. No idea why it didn't work in my earlier attempts. 
  • Hey Guys i just noticed some new things regarding my LG TV (LG OLED65B6V) 

So i just was playing around and i have made a flow like everyone else that turns off the tv (i have it build in other more complex flows as well but lets keep it simple): 

Except that homey does not reconize the TV as a TV...  (used to this kind of Bull****) 
    i ran the flow again after turning off the TV and guess what!   The TV TURNS ON AGAIN!!!  

Can you guys check if this also works for you?  and how did you guys get around the "build-in"" TV command from homey.  i am thinking of calling the TV 'LG'  or 'kijkdoos' just to get around the freaking homey build in commands. 

• is it work with homey 1.5.2.?
    now I can't to connect 
  • There's three different apps for LG TV's:
    https://apps.athom.com/search?query=lg
  • LG SmartTV support for Homey

is it work with homey 1.5.2.?
    now I can't to connect