This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Thanks for Z-Wave MultiChannel association support in 1.5.2

LurendrejerLurendrejer Member
edited September 2017 in Off-Topic
I huge thanks to the Homey team for 1.5.2.
With direct multichannel associations, Homey has finally left the competition completely shattered!

Thank you so goddamnit much!

Comments

• Good to read, hopefully it can come to stable quickly :) I altered your topic title a little bit too make your topic clearer about the information inside :) 
  • Change whatever you want - I don't care!
    I have the best home automation controller, ever.  :D

• @Lurendrejer good to hear! 
  • What can i do whit this option ?
  • Rule the world!!
  • And associate certain multichannel devices directly.
  • @Lurendrejer the forum has options to add a comment with more than 6 words  ;)

@Leeuw1960 it enables that within Homey you can configure that a motion sensor is directly switching on a lamp upon movement without having to setup flows within Homey to connect an action (switch on light) to a trigger (motion) (aka direct association). This was already possible for devices that are single node, but not for multichannel devices (multiple sockets being able to be controlled independently).
  • @TedTolboom
    do you perhaps know if the coolcam motion sensors also understand multichannel association like the fibaros?
  • @Lurendrejer the forum has options to add a comment with more than 6 words  ;)

@Leeuw1960 it enables that within Homey you can configure that a motion sensor is directly switching on a lamp upon movement without having to setup flows within Homey to connect an action (switch on light) to a trigger (motion) (aka direct association). This was already possible for devices that are single node, but not for multichannel devices (multiple sockets being able to be controlled independently).
    Interesting... I keep learning :)
    But the next question is how to....? Is this done via the association fields? Maybe you have some (flow) examples?
  • @TedTolboom, I know. But 98% of the time I'm somewhere else than home, with only a mobile phone. :-/
  • @RuudvB you find the nodeId's in each devices options. You can input these in the association fields. If the devices support the same types of messages/association, stuff happens without having homey Involved.
  • @bvdbos
    @Lurendrejer
    Thanks I'm going to test!
  • @Lurendrejer
    @bvdbos

I did some tests with Fibaro dimmer 2 as receiver to turn on the lights but direct association (group 2) is not working. I tried 3 types of sensors to control the dimmer (group2):

Fibaro button
    z-wave.me wall controller
    Philio Slim 4 in 1 Multisensor PST02-A

All of them are secure, but it's not working.

- strange things: for Fibaro Button no device parameters can be set.....

- When I connect 2 dimmers (so put ID of another dimmer in group 2 of first dimmer) both dimmers turn on the light when I turn the light on with push on dimmer 1.

What can I do to have the three sensors work with direct association, let's start with one of them ;)