This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2017
    @jreenen, I don't know if it's been asked/mentioned already, but would it be possible to make cards that can be used in the 'And' column?

I'd like to use <if> doorbell is rung <and> receiver is on <then> switch input / show ipcam feed :)

Had a couple of flow like that with the old app, worked really nice :)
  • Fire69 said:
    @jreenen, I don't know if it's been asked/mentioned already, but would it be possible to make cards that can be used in the 'And' column?

I'd like to use <if> doorbell is rung <and> receiver is on <then> switch input / show ipcam feed :)

@Fire69 it's on my list of features to add as soon as possible. There is a workaround you can use though to accomplish this:

• Small update:
    Some of the problems users are experiencing with this app are caused within an external library. To solve this problem and have more control over the hub communication I decided to replace this library with my own implementation. This slows down to next release a bit but I think it's a necessary step to have a better foundation for future releases.

I will keep you updated on this!

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • Thanks for the update, Jeroen. IMHO you made the right choice. Better build on a reliable base! 
  • Interesting, I have paired my Harmony Hub with my Philips Hue lights. While working on my own hub connection library I see that the Hub communicates the status of those lights. For now, I will ignore those messages but if anyone can think of a nice feature I will consider implementing it in the mid-long term.
  • jreenen said:
    Fire69 said:

@Fire69 it's on my list of features to add as soon as possible. There is a workaround you can use though to accomplish this:

Awesome, thanks!! :)

jreenen said:
    Small update:
    Some of the problems users are experiencing with this app are caused within an external library. To solve this problem and have more control over the hub communication I decided to replace this library with my own implementation. This slows down to next release a bit but I think it's a necessary step to have a better foundation for future releases.

I will keep you updated on this!

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
    Also awesome!! :D
  • jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    Status report for hub communication library:
    - Connect to Hub
    - Get current activity
    - Get available activities 
    - Send Command
    - Start activity
    - Stop activity
    - Update hub/device status on incoming notification
    - Test/Stabilize 
  • Good Great progress!
  • Can't wait!
  • Eternity said:
    Good Great progress!
    Incredible progress!
  • Still crashes after volume-up flow. 
  • jreenen said:

Last Sunday I submitted v1.1.1 for approval which is still in pending approval state. This release should fix a problem that some users might encounter "Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6" and crashes the app. 

Warm regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
    Hi, Jeroen,

Still this Error with MAX_CLIENTS=6 while running 1.1.1
  • Hi @Pietje5,

I have seen a few crash reports on the MAX_CLIENTS=6 error and a few XMPP authentication failure errors. That's the main reason I am replacing an external library for the communication with the hub with my own code. 

At the moment I am implementing the last step on this 'new' library: updating the hub and device statuses when a new activity is started (also when this is triggered by e.g. the harmony remote).

After this last step has been implemented I will extensively test this library and implement it in the Homey Harmony Hub app.

At the moment things are looking good, I accidentally let the library running while connected to the hub and took my laptop to work. The moment I came home and started working on this project to my surprise it reconnected to the Hub fully working again. 

I really hope I can push out an update to the Homey Harmony Hub app this week.

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • jreenen said:
    Hi @Pietje5,

I have seen a few crash reports on the MAX_CLIENTS=6 error and a few XMPP authentication failure errors. That's the main reason I am replacing an external library for the communication with the hub with my own code. 

At the moment I am implementing the last step on this 'new' library: updating the hub and device statuses when a new activity is started (also when this is triggered by e.g. the harmony remote).

After this last step has been implemented I will extensively test this library and implement it in the Homey Harmony Hub app.

At the moment things are looking good, I accidentally let the library running while connected to the hub and took my laptop to work. The moment I came home and started working on this project to my surprise it reconnected to the Hub fully working again. 

I really hope I can push out an update to the Homey Harmony Hub app this week.

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
    Hi Jeroen,

You are doing a great job! Thnx so far!
  • jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    Update
    - Started implementing the 'new' library in the Harmony Hub App. I expect it will be completed tomorrow.
    - After it has been implemented I will test it thoroughly, and let the app run for at least a day.
    - When no crashes and no abnormal CPU/memory spikes are occurring I will commit my code to GitHub and submit my app for approval to Athom.

So as things are looking now I will submit the update on Saturday 23 September, approval will take some days so probably next week this update will land on your Homey :)

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen 

• Yippie !!!!

I will install the approved App via the App store and sit on my hands and not install via CLI.

After that I will migrate my flows from the obsolete Harmony App to your version. Looking forward to the new App and I am keen to see what future developments you have up your sleeve :-)

Thanks Jeroen!

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited September 2017
    @jreenen you could make a beta feed for the store as well ;) don't know if that is faster releasing. Then you have a test group also ;)
  • @spoelly currently there is a beta feed only for this app :) As I still got crash reports about 2 issues some users are experiencing I haven't promoted a release to stable yet. I have good hope the upcoming version v1.2.0 will make it to the stable channel. 
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited September 2017
    oeps didn't saw that i was using the beta feed  :p sometimes i forget it ;)
  • Last night homey has been updated to 1.5.3. Harmony chrashes every hour since then. :-(
  • UPDATE

Finishing up on version 1.2.0 some minor tweaks, documentation and committing to GitHub + the Athom store are left. 
  • Great news! 
  • AWESOME!!
  • jreenenjreenen Member
    edited September 2017
    Submitted v1.2.0 for approval by Athom
    v1.2.0 is approved and published :smile:
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2017
    jreenen said:
    Submitted v1.2.0 for approval by Athom
    v1.2.0 is approved and published :smile:
    And installed  B)

Question:  when I added my Harmony, I had to select all the devices I want to control.  That's cool.
    But there's no 'general' Harmony device from which you can control your Activities.
    Would it be possible to add an extra device with maybe a dropdown menu or something where the Activities are listed so you can start one that way?

Did that question make any sense to you? :P

[edit]
    Just noticed my flows weren't working anymore.
    I had to remove and reselect my Harmony in the Activity card to maken them work again.
  • @Fire69 ;
    The activities can by started by dragging the Harmony Hub App to your flow

A negative side effect of implementing the new library seems to be that you have to re-pair the devices :(  sorry for that.
  • If thats the only negative side effect
    bring it on
  • jreenen said:
    @Fire69 ;
    The activities can by started by dragging the Harmony Hub App to your flow

A negative side effect of implementing the new library seems to be that you have to re-pair the devices :(  sorry for that.
    OK, so it seems my question didn't make any sense :grimace:

Obviously, I already have my flows created the way you demonstrate them.
    What I would like extra (if possible and you like the idea of course :) ) is an extra device where you can manually start an activity.
    Like for example with my receiver where you can choose the input from the web or android app.

• @Fire69
    Do I understand you correctly if I say you want to be able to pair a separate device for the Hub itself with some mobile cards so you can start activities? 
  • jreenen said:
    @Fire69
    Do I understand you correctly if I say you want to be able to pair a separate device for the Hub itself with some mobile cards so you can start activities? 
    Yes! :)