This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Lightwave RF/ Siemens App Published

Comments

• Is anyone still supporting this?
  • Andy is still about, try on github if you have an issue: 
    https://github.com/soler2000/com.lightwaverf
  • I noticed the LightwaveRF app has been updated. Anyone have a change log or know what's new?
  • Ok thanks 
  • Hi All,  jut joining the Homey world to pull together LightwaveRF and introduce zwave.  I'm having some challenges with my LW101 mood switch.

Pairing seems to recognise after pressing '1' but after this the 'test' your switch piece does not and if I ignore that I get nothing when introducing the switch into a flow to switch anything on.

Homey Firmware 1.3.1
    Lightwave RF 0.0.8

Any insight appreciated
  • Hi all,
    Are there any plans to add the Inline Dimmer Relays into the app?
    LW831?
  • Hi All,  jut joining the Homey world to pull together LightwaveRF and introduce zwave.  I'm having some challenges with my LW101 mood switch.

Pairing seems to recognise after pressing '1' but after this the 'test' your switch piece does not and if I ignore that I get nothing when introducing the switch into a flow to switch anything on.

Homey Firmware 1.3.1
    Lightwave RF 0.0.8
  • Just seen that LightwaveRF Gen2 is coming on Oct 3rd.
    Was planning to buy a bunch of their switches for use with Homey so now just wondering if Gen2 is going to be supported too?

I'm not sure if the tech is changing much but seems they're adding 2way to be HomeKit compatible
    Thanks
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    vaderag said:
    Just seen that LightwaveRF Gen2 is coming on Oct 3rd.
    Was planning to buy a bunch of their switches for use with Homey so now just wondering if Gen2 is going to be supported too?

I'm not sure if the tech is changing much but seems they're adding 2way to be HomeKit compatible
    Thanks
    remember that new devices always needs to be added to an app and when the devices are released the developer/or athom not always have the new devices. You can always do a pull request and add the devices yourself. 

I see that the lightwaverf app is not from Athom but from a developer from the community, don't know if he is still active
  • Is anyone monitoring and able to support lightwave out there please.  i'm a big lightwave user and need Homey to integrate with the mood switches?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    Developer of the app (the topicstarter also) @AndyWilde is not responding as it seems, maybe this tag will help. Otherwise it's good for someone with LightwaveRF devices to support the developement an add also the new devices that are announced 

Modbreak:
    Merget this seperated topic with above question in the lightwaveRF topic

• Hi Guy's,  I'm still about but not much time at the moment.  If you have any contributions that you can make to the Github Repository please feel free and I can merger these into the current branch.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited September 2017
    The new generation of Lightwaverf will have two way communication meaning it will use 866Mhz. The current devices in the app are based on the 433Mhz codes. So can`t just simply modify the app. Someone has to get a receiver and analyse the new codes like Andy did and build the drivers on those codes. I am happy to help with the graphical elements.

I have installed to many LightwaveRF dimmers and it killed many of my retrofit LED lamps. The transformers are buzzing and no dimmer can provide 100% output which is insane. So I won`t rush into this, this time. 
    The relays are perfect, with incredible range...
  • The big thing that the current app needs is the selection choice when adding a socket (device, i.e. light etc). Currently, the lights off commands turns all the sockets off - even if they're not a light :(
  • It depends how you classify the sockets. If you classify as lights then it will turn off otherwise not. I never had a problem with that.
  • The issue is: you can't classify them as anything other than lights, even though the SDK now allows it.
  • Sounds like a Homey issue. I just added a socket and inline relay couple days ago and I could assign it to a given class at the end of the `add device` process.
  • ZperX said:
    Sounds like a Homey issue. I just added a socket and inline relay couple days ago and I could assign it to a given class at the end of the `add device` process.
    No, it's app related. In the app, some device are defined with the socket class and some specifically with the light class (like the plug-in switch, -dimmer and wired dimmer).

When defined as socket class you get the option to select the type of device connected (light, socket, kettle, etc) at the end of the `add device` process. When defined as light class, you do not get this option and the device is added as light type.
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited September 2017
    I assume we can quickly edit the socket device to define it as the right class (socket), we should then get the options during pairing... Just need to find some time, @TedTolboom, perhaps you can look over it, if time allows?
  • Ted. We were talking about sockets and just as you said it is defined as sockets. The dimmers are obviously classed as light as you won`t use a dishwasher on a dimmer. The plug-in switch... yes but socket is socket. And yes you need to remove a socket from homey to be able to re-classify. 
  • I just tried to remove a LW socket, upon pair I get no option to set the device attached class?
  • MarkSwift said:
    I just tried to remove a LW socket, upon pair I get no option to set the device attached class?
    The plug-in switch? This one is defined as light, whereas I think it should be "socket" to present the device types
    "id": "lw321","name": {"en": "Plug-in On/Off"},"images": {"large": "./drivers/lw321/assets/images/large.png","small": "./drivers/lw321/assets/images/small.png"},"class": "light",
  • The plug in socket is in fact a light dimmer in reality and so it should appear as a light,

I believe we are talking about LW260 which is a true socket.  When this pairs there is an option to choose what device is plugged in.   

@MarkSwift
    Can you let me know exactly what your trying to add 

• MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't own any dimmers, only the plugin sockets and I'm adding them as plugin sockets, IMHO, that should let me select what's plugged in (i.e. set the class). That is how the z-wave sockets work....
  • Plug in sockets or wall sockets?
  • These are the screen shots that I get when I pari a socket.  The last image shows the device selection.

• As per my comment, I'm adding a plugin socket... :)
  • This is now fixed on Github,  I need to test first before pushing to the app store.   IN the meantime you can pair it as a wall socket as they are both the same device, only with a different icon.
  • elliotda said:
    Is anyone monitoring and able to support lightwave out there please.  i'm a big lightwave user and need Homey to integrate with the mood switches?
    As far as the mood switches go there seams to be too much variation is the timing of the codes sent from one LW device to another (even of the same type) for homey successfully decode the signals,  what works for one remote may not work for another remote,  from my testing I have tried to use middle values of all the different remotes I have.   Unfortunately this is the best it is going to get.