This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Slider button to control dim level tradfri

I've got a tradfri dimmable lightbulb connected to homey. And I want to create a slider button as a device in homey to control the dim level.

I've created a number variable with better logic and in the device section I've created a slider paired with this variable.

however, in flows this device does not exist. I've done something like this with a Boolean in better logic and that is working. 

Any my idea why this doesn't work with a nummer value? And somebody has an alternative to create a button to control dimlevel?

Comments

• Hello PieDjee,

I'm trying here some similar but with hue.
    goal: to dim different scenes with one slider (if scene 1 is on then dim sene1, if scens 2 is on, then dim scene2.
    iv'd managed to get a dim reaction , but it's dim AND it chanced to a "default" color. 
    result is no different scenes :-(  but one color...

i made a number variable "Dimmer DASH" that's works form 0.00 to 1.

the dimmer level is react but the color  is reacting to :-(.

perhaps you can use his at a start for your project en maybe you can tell if its working for you....

• mailnils said:
    Hello PieDjee,

I'm trying here some similar but with hue.
    goal: to dim different scenes with one slider (if scene 1 is on then dim sene1, if scens 2 is on, then dim scene2.
    iv'd managed to get a dim reaction , but it's dim AND it chanced to a "default" color. 
    result is no different scenes :-(  but one color...

i made a number variable "Dimmer DASH" that's works form 0.00 to 1.

the dimmer level is react but the color  is reacting to :-(.

perhaps you can use his at a start for your project en maybe you can tell if its working for you....

Thanks! I al forgot about the tags. I forgot about the tag MENU. Now I added the tag and it works! So for Tradfri white this is a solution.
  • great! have fun <span>:smile:</span>