This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Stuck at Updating homey's updater

OK, first setup of the homey device and I am stuck at "Updating homey's updater". I'm now at attempt 3 an have been stuck at this screen for 28 minutes. Chrome v60. 0.3etc on Windows 10

Comments

• MarkVMarkV Member
    edited September 2017
    If I look at the network activity I see 0 B transferred. I grabbed my wife's laptop and it did work. Checking if bytes get transferred is pretty simple to introduce. So you might want to add an error message. 
  • MarkVMarkV Member
    edited September 2017
    If you ever get stuck at this screen press ctrl+shift +i and click on the Network tab to see if there is a 0 B transferred message at the bottom. Btw, Firefox did not work either and incognito mode did not get me to the "Updating updater" at all. 
  • You should use chrome or the Homey-windows-app. Although Chrome is formally unsupported, firefox is even more unsupported :)
  • bvdbos said:
    You should use chrome or the Homey-windows-app. Although Chrome is formally unsupported, firefox is even more unsupported :)
    Then why does it say "go to setup.athom.com and not "download the homey app on setup.athom.com"?
  • Cause it says that on the box iirc, to use chrome... No need for the homey-app, only if chrome doesn't work because of plugin's, blockers etc...
  • bvdbos said:
    Cause it says that on the box iirc, to use chrome... No need for the homey-app, only if chrome doesn't work because of plugin's, blockers etc...
    Read the thread again and look at the screenshot. That is Chrome, hanging at the installation ;)
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    MarkV said:
    bvdbos said:
    Cause it says that on the box iirc, to use chrome... No need for the homey-app, only if chrome doesn't work because of plugin's, blockers etc...
    Read the thread again and look at the screenshot. That is Chrome, hanging at the installation ;)
    Read above again and you see he responds to your question why Homey is saying go to setup.athom.com, that's because Chrome is supported next to the desktop app. 

How fast did you pull the plug after it's first stuck because Homey has got some big updates it could take a while to fully be up to speed.

My guess is the best way to do will be to contact the support of Athom at support@athom.com