This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

"only 1 triggers per flow"

is there a work around this?

if i wish to do like.. "if the time is 8.00 and the date is 10th of august. then homey should speak= godmorgen

how do i make that?

Comments

• skandshus said:
    is there a work around this?

if i wish to do like.. "if the time is 8.00 and the date is 10th of august. then homey should speak= godmorgen

how do i make that?

Put your date in the AND, and there you can use the OR to support multiple ways for example:

IF 08:00
    AND Monday
    OR Tuesday
    Or Friday
    Then Goodmorning
    Else Say Goodmorning it's a free day
  • So there's always only one trigger but there can be multiple conditions which have to be met...
  • Think of triggers as events, happening in a single moment of time. Same goes for entering/leaving a certain (longer term) state: The moment in which the state changes is a single moment.

The extra conditions you add in the AND column exist/vanish longer periods of time. For practical usage in flows, at least.
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited September 2017
    Use several triggers to create one identical 'then' result.  Then use that  as a 'trigger' to several other flows
  • But how nice it would be, if several triggers could be set in the same flow - to decrease the number of flows :-)
  • @cbh
    In theory it should be possible, but not easy. (mostly because of the different trigger tokens etc.)
  • xAPPO said:
    Use several triggers to create one identical 'then' result.  Then use that  as a 'trigger' to several other flows
    so you mean for example.. create 2 flows. 1 where homey says "goodmorning"
    and 1 where homey start my coffe maker? .. will he be able to fire off both?
  • To answer the question in the OP:

• For ur last question: