This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
HUE

Philips Hue (TAP)

exiofexiof Member
edited April 2018 in Devices
Hi All, i have a Hue Tap - nice device..

But using it on Homey does really not make any sense..

When the device is pressed it is always setup with a Scene/Device etc on the Hue App - so that always overrule everything..

How can I 1. unassign the buttons in the Hue App - or can I with version 1.5.x add the device directly ZigBee? Any Ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    exiof said:
    Hi All, i have a Hue Tap - nice device..

But using it on Homey does really not make any sense..

When the device is pressed it is always setup with a Scene/Device etc on the Hue App - so that always overrule everything..

How can I 1. unassign the buttons in the Hue App - or can I with version 1.5.x add the device directly ZigBee? Any Ideas?
    For Hue to connect directly an app is needed just like the Ikea app for Zigbee or the Fibaro/Neo for z-wave. 

You can however use it through the Hue bridge, just delete all the scenes in the Hue app for the device and add it to Homey with the Hue app and assign flows to your buttons. Only problem is there can be a delay because the Hue app uses polling for information  from the bridge.
  • Okay think maybe i could use the hue app for something - can i just create a scene assign it to tap and delete?

do you know the polling delay?
  • Guess i will buy a Zwave button .. - The tap is ZigBee it maybe will work with 1.5 release?
  • polling interval is 7,5 sec :
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/blob/074af806341dcf035870b558cf0b98a22c780e1b/lib/Bridge.js#L7
    there's no support for direct HUE/Zigbee yet but it's a matter of time before someone makes an app for this. There's still some issues resetting the lights, you need a HUE-bridge for it. Don't know about the TAP though...
  • Well it works now when i assigned a scene and deleted it i have 4 buttons unassigned in the Hue Bridge thanks @lubbertkramer for the idea - was a good solution / workarround
  • Even though it can take a few seconds and therefor feel unresponsive, I still really love that I am now able to detect the button presses. The batteries of my Somfy remote are empty currently so I assigned an unused Hue tap button to make my Somfy screens go down.
  • I have the small RF Somfy - is it possible to get a device to control that / send the command?
  • bvdbos said:
    polling interval is 7,5 sec :
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/blob/074af806341dcf035870b558cf0b98a22c780e1b/lib/Bridge.js#L7
    there's no support for direct HUE/Zigbee yet but it's a matter of time before someone makes an app for this. There's still some issues resetting the lights, you need a HUE-bridge for it. Don't know about the TAP though...
    Does somebody know the reason for this delay? For me that was not acceptable in everyday use so I made a new version of the app with a delay of 500ms and installed it via CLI. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited March 2018
    mcfrush said:
    bvdbos said:
    polling interval is 7,5 sec :
    Does somebody know the reason for this delay? For me that was not acceptable in everyday use so I made a new version of the app with a delay of 500ms and installed it via CLI. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?
    to much constant Data trafic between homey and the hue bridge i believe. 
  • Yep, Homey will get slower and networked devices will work worse...
  • My hue bridge and homey would die being polled every 500ms, with 26 bulbs and 6 accessories. And that is only half of what is possible on one bridge
  • Alright, will keep an eye on that, thanks.