This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:

The power all off is indeed missing [...]
    That's weird?  Your app is giving me a 'PowerOff' in the activities list that shuts down all my devices.
    I didn't create that activity myself, it also doesn't show up in the official Harmony android or Windows app.
    This isn't something you built in? :grey_question:
    I guess it's the activity that corresponds with the "Off" or "Power" button on your remote? Something like an internal activity Harmony uses to turn itself off. 
    Probably something like that.
    Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:

The power all off is indeed missing [...]
    That's weird?  Your app is giving me a 'PowerOff' in the activities list that shuts down all my devices.
    I didn't create that activity myself, it also doesn't show up in the official Harmony android or Windows app.
    This isn't something you built in? :grey_question:
    I guess it's the activity that corresponds with the "Off" or "Power" button on your remote? Something like an internal activity Harmony uses to turn itself off. But I assumed it would only shut down the devices used by the current active activity. Instead of shutting down ALL the devices.
    I suppose it will only send command to devices that have been turned on by Harmony.
    So if you control some devices in another way than with your Harmony (by hand, original remote, ...) I don't think they will be turned off.
  • tcarnal said:
    Triggers unfortunatly arn't working for me either
    Same here, haven't got the triggers working yet
  • JasperKortJasperKort Member
    edited September 2017
    I think I may have found what is "wrong" with our triggers. I suppose we're expecting the triggers to be triggered when we start/stop activities/devices using our remote. So not using the Homey Harmony App. @jreenen Correct me if I'm wrong; but it seems the way the app is coded that it only sends triggers when activities/devices are turned on/off from within the app itself?
    Example: You run a flow which starts a "Watch TV" activity. This would then trigger a flow having the "Activity Started" trigger card. But when using the remote or Harmony phone app to turn on said activity, it won't trigger the flow with "Activity Started" card.
    To prevent endless polling of the Harmony, would be my guess.
  • If that is so, that would be a pity @JasperKort!

In my situation the Harmony remote is still used a lot!
    Starting an activity via this hardware remote now still triggers the 'old' Harmony Homey App. In my case it switches on z-wave powerplugs (so, starts KODI on a Pi3 and powers on the sub woofer). Other stuff is switched on / controlled directly by the Harmony hub (e.g. my Onkyo receiver and Samsung tv).

• Eternity said:
    If that is so, that would be a pity @JasperKort!

In my situation the Harmony remote is still used a lot!
    Starting an activity via this hardware remote now still triggers the 'old' Harmony Homey App. In my case it switches on z-wave powerplugs (so, starts KODI on a Pi3 and powers on the sub woofer). Other stuff is switched on / controlled directly by the Harmony hub (e.g. my Onkyo receiver and Samsung tv).
    I agree, I've got similar things set up. An Intel NUC of which I just wanted more control of when to power off (automatically when running Kodi, otherwise send me a push message asking if I want to shut it down so I don't lose any open stuff), for example.
    I noticed something in the protocol being used which might allow for some incoming events from the Harmony, but I'm not sure. This app is still in beta though, so might be added at some point. But I'm not going to speculate ;)
    Better leave that to @jreenen. What the app does at the moment, it does very well for me. Seems a lot more stable than the previous app I must say.
  • Same here
    for example when I switch off everyting ( and Its night time) it sets my lighting to bright (hue) So i can cleanupmmy mess 
  • Yikes allot of comments where to start answering those :smile: 
    @JasperKort
    Had the same issue (unreachable ho) with installing the app from the store when I still had my development version installed.

@JasperKort @Eternity @tcarnal @MrDutchfighter
    Jasper, you are right on the triggers. At the moment this app is only responding to the activities triggered by this app and not the activities that got started by using the Harmony remote. I will investigate a way to support activities triggered by the Harmony remote and update the devices in Homey accordingly, probably this will involve a polling mechanism so this won't be real-time (although I want it to be as near to real-time as possible). 

@Fire69 @JasperKort
    Jasper is right about the power of activity, it is related to the current running activity and will switch off all devices connected to that activity.

Think I managed to respond to everything but if I forgot to answer someone's question/comment please let me know!

Regards,

Jeroen
  • Thx <span>:smiley:</span>
  • Thanks Jeroen! 
  • jreenen said:
    Yikes allot of comments where to start answering those :smile: 
    @JasperKort
    Had the same issue (unreachable ho) with installing the app from the store when I still had my development version installed.
    So the install works when you first remove the github version?

jreenen said:

@Fire69 @JasperKort
    Jasper is right about the power of activity, it is related to the current running activity and will switch off all devices connected to that activity.
    Good enough for me  :p
  • Yup
    remove develop version and restart homey
    did it today and worked like a charm

Little sideline note, all harmony flows Will be broken afterwards
    need to fix them but that was to be expected after removing the app

• Hm, just tried installing it again (without removing the dev version) and while I did get the error, it was installed (correctly at first sight). :)
  • naiz

• Hi!

Good and bad news, I will start with the bad news: As it seems the harmony hub does not know the power on/off state of individual devices it is only aware of the current activity that is running. That means if you turn off an individual device but according to the current activity it is switched on the harmony hub assumes it is still on. This is fine as long as your device supports a power on and power off command but if it only supports the power toggle command the on/off state might get out of sync. At the moment this also means I cannot detect if an individual device got turned on or off if the command is given outside of the app (e.g. via the official Logitech harmony client). I will investigate if there is an alternative way to at least keep the on/off state within Homey in sync.

The good news is that I managed to detect if a new activity has been started outside of the app (e.g. via the official Logitech harmony client) and it will trigger the activity started flow. This code will be in the upcoming release v1.2.0 which I hopefully submit this week. 

Last Sunday I submitted v1.1.1 for approval which is still in pending approval state. This release should fix a problem that some users might encounter "Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6" and crashes the app. 

Warm regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • You my man are a Master!!
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited September 2017
    @jreenen are you able to make a flow card that could turn off the current activity instead of individual devices? that would help me alot. 
  • That is great news! Thanks for your effort and feedback. I will wait for v1.20 before I delete the obsolete Harmony App.

Great work Sir! 
  • Nice! Looking forward to it!
  • v1.1.1 is approved and published. @spoelly working on it should hit the store in version v1.2.0 hopefully this week.
  • @jreenen First off many thanks for making this app! Second, as for the 'bad' news you indicated above about the power off state, that was also the way it works in the old app. The 'all off' command only triggers on the current activity, I just tested it. And that works fine. So when you v1.2.0 is there I can finally retire the old app (and start rebuilding my Hamony-flows  :D).
  • @jreenen glad to hear thanks for the great work so far! gave you a small donation btw.
  • @jreenen Thks for the app, great work so far. Just wondering how to handle something within the app. Iam using a virtuel switch to start a activity , that works . Also switching off with the virtuel device is working. But now  iam trying to get that my virtuel switch, is set back when iam using the my harmony remote to switch off that activty. Wich card i have to use?? tried every card i can found but so far no luck.
  • Hi,

I control my receiver via your app. I want a flow where I can adjust it volume, so I use the Send Command THEN-card, select the Control Group Volume and select command VolumeUp. This works fine, but it would be even better if I can control the volume with bigger steps. For example:

Volume, VolumeUp, 10

Yes, I can do that by putting 10 Send Command THEN-card in the flow, but maybe you could add a parameter where people can send the amount of times the command must be send?

Another question about volume control. I see a command to Mute, but no command to unMute. I have to use the VolumeUp/VolumeDown command to unmute now, this also changes the volume up or down. Could you add such a command?
  • Hi,

I control my receiver via your app. 
    [...]
    No native app available for your receiver?
    I use Harmony to control on/off and input, but volume is done with the Onkyo app.
  • No unfortunately not.  Bose 3-2-1 GS Series III. 

• Another question about volume control. I see a command to Mute, but no command to unMute. I have to use the VolumeUp/VolumeDown command to unmute now, this also changes the volume up or down. Could you add such a command?
    The Mute command is for mute and unmute i gues ;-)
  • Pietje5 said:

Another question about volume control. I see a command to Mute, but no command to unMute. I have to use the VolumeUp/VolumeDown command to unmute now, this also changes the volume up or down. Could you add such a command?
    The Mute command is for mute and unmute i gues ;-)
    That worked indeed <span>:smile:</span> . Thx!

Adjusting volume with bigger steps would still be useful...
  • spoelly said:
    @jreenen glad to hear thanks for the great work so far! gave you a small donation btw.
    Thanks!!!! Glad you like the app!
  • Oy1974 said:
    @jreenen Thks for the app, great work so far. Just wondering how to handle something within the app. Iam using a virtuel switch to start a activity , that works . Also switching off with the virtuel device is working. But now  iam trying to get that my virtuel switch, is set back when iam using the my harmony remote to switch off that activty. Wich card i have to use?? tried every card i can found but so far no luck.
    I am working on a solution to update the on/off state even when it is changed via the harmony remote. Currently, I have something implemented in my dev environment but it's not stable enough for release.
  • That worked indeed <span>:smile:</span> . Thx!

Adjusting volume with bigger steps would still be useful...
    I will add it to my backlog of improvements, I agree with you this would be a very useful feature although I need some time to think of a smart way to implement this.