This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro RGBW - output only

I have 2 Fibaro RGBW modules (fw 26.25) and I want to configure them to just use as output and there are no inputs connected.
The module is connected to a 12V tranformator.

------------------------------------------
Usecase:
  • If color red the red output is 12V
  • If color green the green output is 12V
  • If color blue the red blue is 12V
  • If color rwhite the white output is 12V
These outputs are connected to a binary input module of a different house controller.
-------------------------------------------

I have tried to configure parameter 14 to 9999 and also to 39321 but it does not work. Also played around with some other settings.

This worked with Fibaro HC and HCL without any issues but I could not get it working with Zipato and not with my Homey now.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    Not sure what you are trying to achieve here.
    If you want to control the outputs separately, then you need to use the flow card, there is no need for parameter changes.

Also look what settings are available for the controller, incl what is attached to the output, as there are many options included/use cases though of when writing the driver

Though the outputs are 10v PWM, not 0-12v, hope you take that into consideration
  • razorfish79razorfish79 Member
    edited September 2017
    I realized it through the flows but there is no output voltage at all (without having input devices)

I do not care about the height of output voltage.
    There has just to be some voltage as the binary device on which the outputs are connected realise every change from 0...230V.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    @razorfish79 did you looked at and/or changed the settings accordingly? Like mentioned (edited) in my previous post
  • mauricebmauriceb Member
    edited September 2017
    @razorfish79
    Do you only turn them on and off or also set the brightness to 100%
  • mauriceb said:
    @razorfish79
    Do you only turn them on and off or also set the brightness to 100%
    I have tried several ways. set color, brightness, on/off, ... no change.
  • Can you measure a change? I tested with a spectrum analyser it truely is a 12v PWM signal at seems like its not pulsing on 100% but did not test exactly can test the different parameters what it exactly does in the different configurations? @razorfish79

I have 2 spare RGBW.. i use them for individual outputs on different white panels connected to my Aquarium :-)
  • Thank you all for your suggestions.
    I will try that on weekend.

Would you mind sharing your settings @exiof?

• Thank you all for your suggestions.
    I will try that on weekend.

Would you mind sharing your settings @exiof?

My device settings? Just changed from RGBW to RGB since I only use RGB connectors

Do you want my flow - its at the moment very long... :-)

But will change it when I have the time to play with it - what I want is to start in increments LED1 - LED1 LED2 - LED1 LED2 LED3 - and then until all is 100% and stop.. 

But im really missing conditions in the "Then" Column - so I guess it ends up with 3 flows instead of 1 flow - with a and which is > 1 > 2 > 3 cycles.. And a control flow to increment the counter from 1 > 23.. and reset..

And a Reverse