This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Setup failed, reset failed

2»

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You did reconnect to your home-network? And you visited https://my.athom.com ?
  • You did reconnect to your home-network? And you visited https://my.athom.com ?

my.athom.com says I don't have acces to any Homeys! I could't finish the Setup procedure.

• HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    Have you already checked the support pages about this problem? There's a small part about connection problems. If you have done the steps described and nothing works they suggest a recovery mode procedure. The recovery mode is also described in the support pages.
  • WebsterWebster Member
    Got mail from support

so busy now recovering the homey

i will let you all know if it is alive again

also small tip i had lots of problems with brian voice files

• casedacaseda Member
    Once you configured homey to your wifi you need to stay on setup.athom.com
    Connect to your own wifi as wel (with the device you configured with) and then the setup Continues with a login part that NEEDS to be done.
  • caseda said:
    Once you configured homey to your wifi you need to stay on setup.athom.com
    Connect to your own wifi as wel (with the device you configured with) and then the setup Continues with a login part that NEEDS to be done.

I did that, but the connection with the HomeySetup network is broken after the Homey has connected to my WIFI network. And I can't reconnect to it either (the HomeySetup network dissapeared from the list of WIFI networks). So I cannot continue the setup procedure.

I've sent an email to the supportdesk, I hope that they can help me. I wonder if more people experienced the same problems and know a solution.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @agdejong ;;;
    You need to connect to your Own network, not that one of homey (after wifi is connected by homey)
    Your laptop usually does this automatic when losing the wifi off homey. (lose connection on purpose)

Let me translate to dutch:
    Je moet connecten met je eigen wifi netwerk met je computer/laptop/mobiel terwijl je blijft op setup.athom.com.
    En dus niet die van homey.
    Je laptop zal dit vaak automatische doen als hij de verbinding met homey kwijt is. (bewust kwijt raken)

It is all being explained what to do, pretty well, while doing the setup.
    I guess reading is still hard for some people
  • caseda said:
    Don't we use RTFM not any more these days? Or is it to rude? 
  • casedacaseda Member
    @HansieNL ;
    Well.. if the manual was complete that could be the case.
    The manual on the Athom site doesn't state to connect to your own network again after wifi is connected by homey.
    But it is stated while doing the setup. (seen it too many times already :D)
  • caseda said:
    @agdejong ;;;
    You need to connect to your Own network, not that one of homey (after wifi is connected by homey)
    Your laptop usually does this automatic when losing the wifi off homey. (lose connection on purpose)

Let me translate to dutch:
    Je moet connecten met je eigen wifi netwerk met je computer/laptop/mobiel terwijl je blijft op setup.athom.com.
    En dus niet die van homey.
    Je laptop zal dit vaak automatische doen als hij de verbinding met homey kwijt is. (bewust kwijt raken)

It is all being explained what to do, pretty well, while doing the setup.

I have connection to my own WIFI network. After my laptop loses the HomeySetup network I still have connection to my own wifi network. But after your mail I even tried to disconnect/reconnect it, but unfortunatelly without result! The page setup.athom.com doesn't continue with the setup procedure.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @agdejong ;
    It only works if you stay on setup.athom.com, so don't leave the page while doing the setup, even after/while losing connection to the homey's wifi and reconnecting to your own wifi.
    You will need to start over if you leave the page before login in (the step you get after the wifi connection)
    To reset:
    Keep homey upside down until it starts to count down from 10 (it doesn't always do this)
    And wait until it says, hi, i'm homey (again)
  • Have you tried my.athom.com also?
  • casedacaseda Member
    my.athom.com only works after login in while setting up.
    Before login in, your account does not have an viable homey to connect to, I.E. my.athom.com.
    And the homey does not know which account it belongs to (it does not have an owner when new/reset).
  • HansieNL said:
    Have you tried my.athom.com also?

Yep, but that page mentions that I don't have any Homeys. Of course, that is correct. I couldn't finish the setup-procedure, so the Homey isn't registred with my account.
  • agdejong said:
    HansieNL said:
    Have you tried my.athom.com also?

Yep, but that page mentions that I don't have any Homeys. Of course, that is correct. I couldn't finish the setup-procedure, so the Homey isn't registred with my account.
    It's a shame you can't get it up and running  :'(
  • My problem is solved, I could finaly finish the setup procedure!

The problem was the anti-virus program on my laptop. I'm using ESET, a great anti-virus but in this case it caused me a headache! It has a personal firewall build in that blocks internet traffic sent by applications to the outside world. In this case it prevented the page setup.athom.com to continue with the setup-procedure.

So, if anyone experiences the same problems as I had, check if you have an anti-virus program with a personal firewall and turn it of before you start the setup-procedure.

I also told this to the support desk, perhaps Athom can mention this on their support pages.

Thanks everybody for you help!

• WebsterWebster Member
    Thanks for the Tip
  • casedacaseda Member
    @agdejong ;
    That is strange, i also use Eset, without any problems.
    Especially because the very first step (once you acces homey's wifi) it is the same trigger type to start the setup procedure, which does work for you.
    But good it worked for you.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    That's one of the reasons I got a Linux Live on USB stick at my desktop next to the computer. But I never know if people know how to use it. Saved me many times with configuring network hardware.
  • JulianJulian Member
    Which browser did you use? I had the exact same issue and I used by accident the Edge browser on my laptop while setting up Homey for a second time and it would not go to the next step. After a couple of tries I remembered  I needed to use Chrome and then it worked right away.
  • Julian said:
    Which browser did you use? I had the exact same issue and I used by accident the Edge browser on my laptop while setting up Homey for a second time and it would not go to the next step. After a couple of tries I remembered  I needed to use Chrome and then it worked right away.

I used Internet Explorer, but I don't think changing the browser would have made any difference. In my case the problem was the personal firewall of my antivirus (ESET Smart Security). It's a great option to prevent mallware (when present on your computer) to send data to the outside world. But in this case it also interfered with the setup-procedure.

• glijieglijie Member

Yesterday connected my homey with success. At first I had problem with connecting with wifi network but after changing the connection of my laptop from 5.0 GHZ to 2.4 GHZ wifi (Same as Homey uses, I think) no problem at all. Maybe it was the different names between the 5GHZ connection and the 2.4 GHZ connection that made wifi connection between homey not possible?
    Used browser : Chrome

Not all KAKU is supported, but that what supported is works good.
    12 Hue lamps that i use are also working good.
    Somfy only works the MY position. Up and Down doesn't work.
    Android App isn't working that great. Known issues

For now I think homey works pretty good. and I'm sure that it will be much better in the future. 

• IK heb de Homey nu sinds enkele dagen binnen en had hetzelfde probleem als dat hier naar voren komt.
    Reset lukte niet maar na een tijdje begon mijn homey het toch gewoon te doen hij was de updates aan het verwerken.
    Dus met geduld kom je een heel eind.
  • JulianJulian Member
    agdejong said:

I used Internet Explorer, but I don't think changing the browser would have made any difference. In my case the problem was the personal firewall of my antivirus (ESET Smart Security). It's a great option to prevent mallware (when present on your computer) to send data to the outside world. But in this case it also interfered with the setup-procedure.

Ok, so it worked also via IE after you disabled the firewall?

Anyway, I did not had any issues with a firewall but I noticed that which browser was used was not mentioned yet and was for me the solution to this problem.
  • WebsterWebster Member
    So small update from my side 

after contact with support and tried many things my homey is not willing to listen to us 

so RMA recieved and a new homey is on it's way 

so now i am waiting for the new one to arrive.

no bad words for the support team , gave lot of options.
    but mine is bricked the hard way :smile: 
  • DooeyDooey Member
    mine too....flashing red ring...stuck on setup web page....
  • WillemWillem Member
    edited September 2017
    Topic Removed.  My Homey is alive again.

After several hours trying, my Homey was still offline, with only a red led ring turning.
    I restarted my Homey for the last time this evening to give it a final try, and this time Homey did go online like alway's. No idea, what went rong, or why, but it does work again.  :s