This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

Comments

• Pietje5 said:
    Crashes or loosing connection after every start or ending activity. Made a candy flow wich restart the app every two minutes now. 

Hi Pietje5, sorry you are having some issues with this app. Do you still have the other harmony app installed? Can you provide me with a crash log, so I can investigate this issue? Because I am on a holiday right now it might take a bit longer for me to provide you with a patched version.
  • jreenenjreenen Member
    edited August 2017
    hrc said:
    @jreenen Thanks for the great app!!.
    The problem i am facing is that only my tv and pvr is working but not the openhaard and wii device. (added red cross)

Hi hrc! How cool that the harmony hub can even control a fireplace :smile: what brand do you have? As soon as I am back home from my holiday I will add both the Wii and fireplace to my setup to investigate what is going wrong here.
  • @jreenen thx slot! Really pleased with the support of activities. All my flows are working again!
    Thanks jeroenski74 good to hear you are happy with this app!
  • hrchrc Member
    jreenen said:
    hrc said:
    @jreenen Thanks for the great app!!.
    The problem i am facing is that only my tv and pvr is working but not the openhaard and wii device. (added red cross)

Hi hrc! How cool that the harmony hub can even control a fireplace :smile: what brand do you have? As soon as I am back home from my holiday I will add both the Wii and fireplace to my setup to investigate what is going wrong here.
    Thanks! Have a Nice holyday.
    The fireplacebrand is Faber opti-myst ! It it controlled via infrared.
  • Off topic...
    Ohhhhh, so the hub controls the fireplace by infrared. That is cool. I have a rf controlled fireplace... Still looking for a solution. 
  • Eternity said:
    Off topic...
    Ohhhhh, so the hub controls the fireplace by infrared. That is cool. I have a rf controlled fireplace... Still looking for a solution. 
    @Eternity which one?
  • @TedTolboom

A Faber gashaard with a GV34 gasblok and a simple 2 button remote (up / down)(20606200 / 8140227 - 2 knops)
  • Hi,

I also purchased a Harmony Hub to solve the IR issues Homey has. This way I can place my Homey in a more central place in the house instead of close to the IR devices (TV, Receiver, etc). Also the Harmony Hub can control my Bose 3-2-1 GS Series, which Homey cannot. So I have high hopes for your app :).

I'm currently running Homey 1.3.1. I noticed I cannot install your app, its not supported. Does this mean I have to upgrade to experimental 1.5.0?

If so, what does this mean for my current flows, settings, etc of Homey. Will they remain? Do I need to backup them somehow?

What happens when 1.5.0 is finally released? Will all my settings be erased then and I have to start over?

• I'm currently running Homey 1.3.1. I noticed I cannot install your app, its not supported. Does this mean I have to upgrade to experimental 1.5.0?

If so, what does this mean for my current flows, settings, etc of Homey. Will they remain? Do I need to backup them somehow?

What happens when 1.5.0 is finally released? Will all my settings be erased then and I have to start over?
    Hi roel_hendr!

Yes, this app only works on 1.5 + firmware. As this is still an experimental release it might be a good idea to wait for a stable release of that firmware. As Athom states themselves experimental firmware might not be stable, and once you have chosen to go for experimental updates there is no (easy) way back to the stable firmware. 

I hope very soon Athom will releases a stable version of the 1.5 + firmware.
  • @jreenen said:
    Hi Pietje5, sorry you are having some issues with this app. Do you still have the other harmony app installed? Can you provide me with a crash log, so I can investigate this issue? Because I am on a holiday right now it might take a bit longer for me to provide you with a patched version.

The other harmoy app is removed, but app still crashes. I have send the crash log yesterday. Enjoy your Holiday! For the moment i use the restart flow by candy app every 2 hours

• jreenen said:

I'm currently running Homey 1.3.1. I noticed I cannot install your app, its not supported. Does this mean I have to upgrade to experimental 1.5.0?

Hi roel_hendr!

Yes, this app only works on 1.5 + firmware. As this is still an experimental release it might be a good idea to wait for a stable release of that firmware. As Athom states themselves experimental firmware might not be stable, and once you have chosen to go for experimental updates there is no (easy) way back to the stable firmware. 

I hope very soon Athom will releases a stable version of the 1.5 + firmware.
    Hi, 

What if I want to upgrade? I'm asking myself what will happen to all my current flows and settings? Also what will happen when 1.5 is released? Will all my settings and flows remain?
  • @roel_hendr As it's another app, all your devices, settings and flows have to be redone...
  • I did not install it yet. I mean more general for whole homey?
  • Pietje5 said:

The other harmoy app is removed, but app still crashes. I have send the crash log yesterday. Enjoy your Holiday! For the moment i use the restart flow by candy app every 2 hours

It kept crashing for me also, even after removing the other app.
    A reboot of Homey solved it.

I did not install it yet. I mean more general for whole homey?
    Everything will stay the same, you just have the risk that there are still some bugs in the RC-firmware.
    But when 1.5 stable is released you can just update to that version.
    Only downside is that you can't turn off the option to install newer experimental firmwares, so to prevent these newer versions from installing automatically you can disable the auto-update of Homey.
    (I hope I explained it ok, it's hard to explain :P )

In short: RC can be a risk, disable auto-update of Homey, check the forum for problems, then manually update if you want :)
  • @Fire69 thanks. I will give it a try!
  • if you want to return from experimental updates you can.
    BUT, you will loose all in Homey

https://www.athom.com/nl/ondersteuning/KB000041/

You can always backup flows and restore them
    not sure about devices

• Pietje5 said:
    @Fire69 thanks. I will give it a try!
    Still the same
  • jreenen said:
    Hope a power cycle does the trick, please keep me informed about this issue you are facing.
    Problem solved!  B)
  • Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:
    Hope a power cycle does the trick, please keep me informed about this issue you are facing.
    Problem solved!  B)
    Great!!!
  • jreenen said:
    Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:
    Problem solved!  B)
    Great!!!
    The app is working very good.  No more disconnects as with the other app :)
  • Good job. Had bought a Harmony for Homey but the previous app wasnt working for me. It is looking good. very nice to play around with my flows with a Harmony in it :)
  • So looking forward to installing this App and removing the current Harmony App!

It seems best to uninstall the current Harmony App, do a PTP and install this new Hue App. This will brake all my current Harmony flows. Just to check...the trigger card 'activity started' is supported by the new App, right?

Before I take the plunge, can some kind soul please answer the following:
    - the option to 'power all off' seems missing. Is that correct?
    - if it is, would a workaround be to sent a 'power off' command to all equipment individually?

Thanks!

• Good job. Had bought a Harmony for Homey but the previous app wasnt working for me. It is looking good. very nice to play around with my flows with a Harmony in it :)
    Thanks! I am glad you like this app!
  • Eternity said:
    So looking forward to installing this App and removing the current Harmony App!

It seems best to uninstall the current Harmony App, do a PTP and install this new Hue App. This will brake all my current Harmony flows. Just to check...the trigger card 'activity started' is supported by the new App, right?

Before I take the plunge, can some kind soul please answer the following:
    - the option to 'power all off' seems missing. Is that correct?
    - if it is, would a workaround be to sent a 'power off' command to all equipment individually?

Thanks!

Hi Eternity,

Unfortunately, you are right about losing your Harmony flows. The activity started trigger is supported by this app. 
    The power all off is indeed missing but I am planning to have it in as soon as possible (hopefully upcoming week). A workaround like you mentioned sending a power off command to all devices individually might bump you into a bug that currently exists that crashes the app with: "Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6". The fewer devices you have the less likely you will experience this and you can work around this bug by delaying the first command for 1 sec the second device for 2 seconds and so on...

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • Thanks Jeroen! I will sit on my hands till you have found the time to implement the power off function. No hurry! 

Great that you developed  this app! 

PS
    Super dat je de support voor de Hub hebt opgepakt! 
  • @Eternity thanks its been a pleasure working on this app.
  • JasperKortJasperKort Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi!

I'm having some issues with the app. I'm running the latest Homey (experimental) firmware (1.5.0 at this moment). When I install from the App Store it gives me the message "HomeyName is unreachable. Try Again." But when I look in my list of installed apps it does show up. And seems to work exactly the same as when I install using CLI. I do not get this message when installing a different app from the App Store.

Then I got flows which are triggered by the Harmony (Activity Started/Stopped). All it does is make Homey say the activity name. But they never seem to get triggered. When I add devices separately, I am able to control them, so it's not like the app isn't working at all. Just seem to be those triggers.

Apart from these issues (for me), app seems to be great! Thanks!

Edit: I just managed to install from the App Store without getting the message... All I did was remove the version installed using CLI and power cycled the Harmony Hub. Not sure which one of the two things fixed this. Unfortunately the triggers still don't work.

I also noticed it's not just the Activity triggers that don't work here, it's any trigger.
  • Triggers unfortunatly arn't working for me either
  • jreenen said:

The power all off is indeed missing [...]
    That's weird?  Your app is giving me a 'PowerOff' in the activities list that shuts down all my devices.
    I didn't create that activity myself, it also doesn't show up in the official Harmony android or Windows app.
    This isn't something you built in? :grey_question:
  • Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:

The power all off is indeed missing [...]
    That's weird?  Your app is giving me a 'PowerOff' in the activities list that shuts down all my devices.
    I didn't create that activity myself, it also doesn't show up in the official Harmony android or Windows app.
    This isn't something you built in? :grey_question:
    I guess it's the activity that corresponds with the "Off" or "Power" button on your remote? Something like an internal activity Harmony uses to turn itself off. But I assumed it would only shut down the devices used by the current active activity. Instead of shutting down ALL the devices.