This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

New wifi network/ Homeysetup network not found.

I changed my wifi network and put Homey in recovery mode. Problem is that i can't find the "homeysetup" network.

What can i do now?

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    Homey stated to go to setup.athom.com after the countdown? Wich firmware are you on?  You did try it once or already multiple times?
  • satboppersatbopper Member
    edited August 2017
    lately it happened to me also what i did is to ptp (mod: that is Pull the Plug) homey wait for one minute and start up homey,if homey runs completely wait for 5 min and perform the procedure to change your network wifi.Here sometimes i must do this two or three times and the homey setup wifi will be visible
  • do you have perhaps a new router ??

• BramBram Member
    If you still don't succeed with connecting to the wifi needed for the setup you can send an e-mail to support@athom.com!
  • So apparently this is a problem? Because I will be moving in a couple of weeks, I will be getting a new modem but it will obviously have a different SSID, but from what I am reading here, this is a problem for Homey? Oh boy... 
  • Wasn't a problem for me switching... So guess no general problem but something specific for the router?
  • So apparently this is a problem? Because I will be moving in a couple of weeks, I will be getting a new modem but it will obviously have a different SSID, but from what I am reading here, this is a problem for Homey? Oh boy... 
    So 1 have a problem with his WiFi and now it's a Homey problem? Have changed SSID many times and no problem at all here. U can always look behind every solution for a problem but it's not fair to state it's a Homey problem. Maybe Arno can tell us later if he solved his problem. If someone wants to say i am defending Homey here: I sure am, Mesa love Homey!
  • BramBram Member
    As far as I know there are no problems when you want to connect Homey to a different wifi network. We have a knowledge base article about how to switch to another wifi network. You can read it here: https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000011/
  • Sorry guys. I was abroad. New router and third PTP worked! When you do a PTP just be patient! ;)
  • arno1965 said:
    Sorry guys. I was abroad. New router and third PTP worked! When you do a PTP just be patient! ;)
    @Just_A_User
  • arno1965 said:
    Sorry guys. I was abroad. New router and third PTP worked! When you do a PTP just be patient! ;)
    @Just_A_User
    You don't have to take it personal. I read something, it appeared it could be an issue, and that's it. You are reacting to that like I personally offended you. I love Homey just as much as the next guy. Relax a little. :smile: 
  • I want to change Homey wifi network, but I don't want to lose any of my settings - is it safe to go into recovery?

It would be nice if Homey could store a list of wifi networks (e.g. I have a couple in my house for different reasons - if one went down it would be nice if it could connect to the other (in the same way as my phone does)

Side question... is there a backup option yet? Sure I saw it was coming in one of the releases but don't see it in my settings yet (would stop me worrying about the safety of recovery!)
  • just rol over 
    https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000026/
    only choose: Keep my Settings!!!!

(Or you wil end up with Factory defaults building everything from scratch.)

Nope still no Back-up, comes with 2.0 ....
  • k1sk1s Member
    I have the same problem after I changed the wifi password.  I tuned homey upside down, it counted down, told me to go to setup.athom.com.  I did, it downloads 28MB of something then shows this:

But neither HomeySetup` or `HomeySetup-XXXXXX` are apparently being  broadcast by Homey
  • @k1s
    Do you have an other device to scan for Wireless networks? Homey only broadcasts on 2.4 GHz. 
    With default configuration is should also be visible on your Windows desktop. 
  • k1sk1s Member
    @k1s
    Do you have an other device to scan for Wireless networks? Homey only broadcasts on 2.4 GHz. 
    With default configuration is should also be visible on your Windows desktop. 
    Yes I've tried a few different PCs.  I'm worried if I power it off, reboot and turn it upside down, it'll wipe it clean and I'll lose 5 full days of adding devices, etc. [got to say, this is a daft way to do something as simple as update the wifi password]
  • just to be sure as you write it as one action and maybe someone misunderstands....

as stated in https://www.athom.com/support/KB000026/
    1. Power on Homey
    Make sure Homey is powered on in upright position. Make sure Homey is powered on for at least half a minute before continuing.
    2. Turn Homey upside down

I have changed several Homeys multiple times from SSID and AP without losing data or having problems.
    (only not yet with the last 2 firmwares.... ) 

• k1sk1s Member
    Yes, that's what I did. What I'm not clear about is having failed to broadcast the ssid now, if I do that procedure again will it assume I didn't select keep dada and wipe everything
  • as far a I know you can cancel and start over again. you still have the option to use the current stored configuration.