This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Status app of Homey (sleep,away,vacation ect)

Oy1974Oy1974 Member
edited August 2017 in Ideas & Suggestions
Not sure others have the same thoughts, but personly i would like the idea to have , a sort a app where i can see the status of homey in the opening screen of the telefoon app. For example like i see now if iam away. But would be nice to see in the same area the different statussus of homey like home,sleep,holiday.

I cant build a app for it, my nowledge is 0 about that, but wont be a difficult thing for people who have the nowledge. (i think)

Its just a idea, and wondering there are others with the same thoughts and think it would be handy, and if so maybe someone willing to build something like this in the (near) future

Comments

• Hi @Oy1974 did you check the virtual devices app; it virtual modes for e.g. away, holidays etc:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3065/virtual-devices-modes
  • @TedTolboom ; hello,  Yes did look at that app. But maybe wasn`t that clear about my thouths. 

With the virtual device app indeed you can set a status, but it also gives a switch in the field. and also for every status you gonna have a different field in your Phone app.

What i mean is, i hope i can explane it clearly. Just one field in the phone app, where you can see in one look the status like away,sleep, vacation ect. So no switches just symbols (maybe with a text). 

I think it would be just a app with a trigger card for the different status (modus) where you put you homey in.

Like i trigger the card "holiday" with a flow, the the symbole holiday would be pop-up in that field, and the same for others states, al in one field, to keep it clear.

• If it's only for showing what is the purpose of it then because you know when you sleep or are on holiday ? With the on/off trigger you can activate and deactivate flows that belong to the state 
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited August 2017
    Like i said, just to see indeed what the status is at the moment. Ofrcourse i know what iam doing ;) but just to see if homey is in the right state. And switches ehm automation isnt putting extra switches (for me at least). And using the virtuele device app would give me for every switch a different field, not handy to put on the front page of the phone app.

• would be great indeed.

See in one view if the kids gf or whatever taled to homey and that youre house is in the right state
  • BramBram Member
    I understand what you mean, sounds nice!
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2017
    Like the idea also, would give a nice overview for (basic) users without having to go and install devices and set states and whatever...
  • Maybe a simple flow is a temporary workaround...I have made a similar flow for sleep status. Just push an IFTTT button on my phone.

• This can be done more directly, the way @emile wrote about in his blog. So with a widget which calls an webhook-URL on Homey...
    https://blog.athom.com/2017/08/26/opening-apartments-door-remotely-homey/