This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Danfoss RS

I got hold of a couple of Danfoss RS (Roomsensors) a few days ago, and when adding those to homey I have to add them as generic Z-wave device. The Danfoss app does not recognize them. Added as generic Z-wave they come to no use. Is there any chance the danfoss app will be updated in the near future?

Comments

• If you create an issue on with the same picture and text Athom will add it probably:
    https://github.com/athombv/com.danfoss
    though, the "GENERIC_TYPE_NON_INOPERABLE" is worrying (to me...)
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    Don't know how handy you are but otherwise you can make a pull request from the Danfoss Gitpage and add your devices so Athom only has to accept those changes and update the app because they don't always have all the devices from a brand. Otherwise is to open a github issue on the github app page and give as much information possible about the ID, capabilities so Athom can add it :) 
  •    Thank you for your rapid response. I've made a similar post on GitHub. I'm waiting in anticipation. :) 
  • There seems to be two versions of the Danfoss Romsensoor,: RS and RS-Z. Danfoss prodyctnumber 014G0158 and 014G0160. Danfoss support in Norway told me that Danfoss only market  014G0158 for use with their Danfoss Link system (which is not Z-wave compatible) and that 014G0160 (which is the one listet in Z-wavealliance certification db is only market under the name brand Devolo and for "OEM" use by other Z-Wave system-providers. Danfoss support could not tell me whether 014G0158 was software upgradeable to 014G0160. 
  • Do you have the Link system? They claim it's non-zwave but you still get it paired as an unknown device?
  • cbhcbh Member
    edited October 2017
    I've got the Link-system (radiator thermostats only, though) - you can pair them with Homey as generic device, and nothing further.

Haven't tried with the new app yet - but guess it won't change a thing - Danfoss tech-support (DK) told me it is not be possible: Even though it is using the z-wave technology, it's implemented in a generic way in the "basic" Link-system (that is, those not advertised as compatible with third parties).
    As I understand it, it is technically z-wave, but not implemented according to z-wave-standards, therefore by definition not z-wave...

They say nothing can be done to change it (firmware updates,  buying a secret code, or do a strange dance in public) - either you chose the right version initially or you didn't...