This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Music: still a lot to be done

Since Google Play Music isn't working on my Homey (see this thread) I bought a Sonos to get Spotify to work. It's working, but too many usability bugs make it too troublesome to use. Here's my list ... do others encounter the same problems?
  • When I ask Homey to play a playlist, it always plays the same list, whichever I ask for (the top one I think);
  • When it starts playing a playlist it ends after three songs;
  • When I ask Homey for music by a specific artist it always plays the same song and only one song;
  • When I turn my Sonos off (for energy reasons) and back on, Homey can't find the Sonos and I have to change the channel manually from Homey to Sonos before I can ask Homey to play music (so I might as well use the Sonos or Spotify app);
  • The same happens when I use the Spotify or Sonos app to play music on my Sonos. Homey will change the channel to itself again;
  • And what's the standard command to change the volume?
I've looked around for other posts concerning these problems, but haven't found any. Does anyone recognise them? Is there a solution or should I wait for a later version of Homey Music?

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Dont know about voice-commands (you do everything by voice if I read correctly?) but you could make a flow for setting the output-device using a plug. If there's an increase in usage (so device turned on) then set output-device to Sonos.
  • DaviedDavied Member
    bvdbos said:
    Dont know about voice-commands (you do everything by voice if I read correctly?) but you could make a flow for setting the output-device using a plug. If there's an increase in usage (so device turned on) then set output-device to Sonos.
    One of Homey's big attractions is to be able to just talk to Homey at get the music you want. That's what the standard commands are supposed to be for, but they are lacking in functionality.

What card do I use to set the output-device to Sonos btw?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member

I don't want Homey to decide which speaker she should play to, like to choose that myself...

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    For the other questions/issues : apparantly other people don't experience this. Could you file these as issues on:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • Davied said:

• When I turn my Sonos off (for energy reasons) and back on, Homey can't find the Sonos and I have to change the channel manually from Homey to Sonos before I can ask Homey to play music (so I might as well use the Sonos or Spotify app);
    This goes for all speakers when powered down.
    Did u try to play a music station on ur Sonos speaker, power it down and then back on again?
    Music station is gone aye?
  • DaviedDavied Member
    bvdbos said:

I don't want Homey to decide which speaker she should play to, like to choose that myself...

Ah, thx!
  • Are there any plans for Spotify for Chromecast?
  • michel-bosmichel-bos Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi There, apart from some problems concerning 'schemas upnp org' (other item in this forum, I have a somewhat related request.

Can you please add the function "Leeg wachtrij". Otherwise If I select 1 song, Homey continues with songs which are still in the 'wachtij' from an earlier session.

Thx!
  • RJSRJS Member
    Is there already a solution for the 1 song only issue? My playlists stop after 1 song when in a flow. I fixed it once, adding a card play next song, but that doesn't work anymore....

• bvdbos said:

How did you add those UPnP Clients, what app is supporting it?

• https://github.com/athombv/org.upnp
    but still really experimental. Only pause/play and volume works on most devices. I also have philips-device which make the app crash...
  • Is there a way I can add Logitech Squeezebox to Homey Music? If its not supported yet, what should be done to be able to support this?
  • Is there a way I can add Logitech Squeezebox to Homey Music? If its not supported yet, what should be done to be able to support this?
    For end-point use only, if Squeezebox (Logitech Music Server) isn't a popular enough platform, then Airplay could be a workaround as you can install Shairtunes on your LMS to make any Squeezebox (including any Squeezelite instance) act as an Airplay end-point.

• AirPlay is a pain in the ass to get working properly. Tried it in the past, had it working where tvOS broke it. 

You could try to use the repo tho, still on my GitHub.
  • @davied ; there are indeed a lot of problems concerning Sonos, see Github:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open+sonos
    there are 20 items/complanes and more then 10 are marked as Bug, so you're not allone 
  • Restarting the Sonos app seems to work but unfortunately I can't put that in a flow ...
  • @Davied
    You can by using the candy app i think
  • swttt said:
    @Davied
    You can by using the candy app i think
    I had forgotten about that one. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Hello all,

I'm not able te add my chromecast as a spotify connect speaker. My chromecast is available as a speaker in the 'Music' area of the Homey desktop app. However, if I select the chromecast nothing happened. 
    So, I thought. Maybe I have to add the chromecast as a device. But when I add a device and choose 'Spotify for Spotify Connect', only  my MacBook is available.

Any tips?