This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Logitech harmony and IFTT

For everyone who wants the great device support of the logitech harmony combined with Homey flows I have the answer: Make a Homey action to trigger an IFTT activity to start the Harmoney .......

Works like a charm, and by the way: Geofencing is MUCH better with IFTT.

Comments

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited August 2017
    @johansnellink in three topics you posted the same exact comment...

it would help other users if you elaborate in more detail how you got this working...

Mod break: moved to ideas & suggestions 
  • @johansnellink:

1) Can you please explain "Make a Homey action to trigger an IFTT activity to start the Harmoney" in detail?
    2) Can you please explain " and by the way: Geofencing is MUCH better with IFTT." in detail?

Thx!
  • @johansnellink:

1) Can you please explain "Make a Homey action to trigger an IFTT activity to start the Harmoney" in detail?
    2) Can you please explain " and by the way: Geofencing is MUCH better with IFTT." in detail?

Thx!
    Answer to your first question, i might have missed some part but this is how to do it
    - create an IFTTT account at their website
    - install the IFTTT app in Homey
    - create a flow in Homey in the THEN column select an IFTTT trigger, give the trigger any name you want
    - now go to the IFTTT website and sign in
    - create a new Trigger, it's in the dropdown below your name at the top right
    - If This Then That is now shown, click on the BLUE If This part
    - search for Homey and select "Flow is triggered"
    - select the flow you've created
    - click create Trigger
    - now click on the BLUE The That part
    - search for Harmony and select start or end activity
    - select the activity you have created in Harmony
     That should be it basically, like i said. I probably missed some parts.