This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Streaming audio & video

The basic idea is when I come home I tell in 1 command to turn on music (or play movie, serie). It seems it is just not possible. I can use Homey, Google Home, Alexa, Home. Non of them, in whatever combination seems to be capable to do the trick.
Homey: streaming capabilities are just poor (eg. Spotify to Sonos only).
Google Home: Love it, but the shortcuts can only send 1 instruction (or start a Homey flow, but again Homey is not very streaming aware), same for Alexa and well Home is a nice app to control some basic devices (great work @swttt) but no way near the capabilities I'm looking for. For now my best setup is using Google Home together with Chromecast devices. This combination is aware of multiple users (family), and thus stream Spotify, Netflix based on who is asking. This is great, but I still have to switch on my stereo / tv / other. I'm interested in what your setup is, please share.

Comments

• Netflix can't be automated through an API, about four years ago they decrepated the API. Google music, Soundcloud, youtube works though Spotify not yet. The easiest thing (imho) is turning on the stereo, I do this by using a plug and consequently IR to choose the correct radio-channel and upnp to set the volume...
  • What is the difference between Homey - Google music & Homey - Spotify?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    hnijveen said:
    What is the difference between Homey - Google music & Homey - Spotify?
    Current spotify is only for sonos but as mentioned in the update they are working on a spotify connect app so you can also play on your spotify connected devices like chromecast etc.

Google music is like spotify but with lesser music and can be played on more then only sonos like chromecast.
  • Line-out (jack-plug) also works for google-music and soundcloud, the internal speaker is disabled for music unfortunately.
  • hnijveen said:
    Current spotify is only for sonos but as mentioned in the update they are working on a spotify connect app so you can also play on your spotify connected devices like chromecast etc.

Google music is like spotify but with lesser music and can be played on more then only sonos like chromecast.
    That is right. This is the mandatory differences.

• hnijveen said:
    The main difference is that that Google Music music allows to upload your personal favorite music to it. you can follow this tips to upload spotify music to google drive. After that you should be able to enjoy the music on Google Play app.