This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Prevent wallplug being turned off

Is it possible with a flow or other way to prevent a wallplug being turned off if the device connected to it is in use?
For example i use a fibaro wallplug with my washer/dryer, and have a flow that checks if a program is running, and an other flow that tells me when the program is finished.
While the washer/dryer is running i would like to prevent anyone from turning off the wallplug thru the phone app or regular app.

Tnxs

Comments

• This is a setting for the Fibaro wallplug, not sure if its possible with any other brand :smile:
  • I'm looking for a similar functionality on my plugs (multiple brands)  when scrolling through the list of plugs i've had the issue that some accidentally get turned off.. ideally there should be a setting in Homey to "lock" or "protect" a switch 
  • Read-only for a switch seems something that could be implemented in the core as a setting i guess.
    Worth a github feature request ;)
  • swttt said:
    This is a setting for the Fibaro wallplug, not sure if its possible with any other brand :smile:
    Is it the "Always On" setting? or in Dutch "Altijd aan" ?
    cause the text for that says that it will not react to B button and Alarm frames. whatever those are
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited August 2017
    swttt said:
    Read-only for a switch seems something that could be implemented in the core as a setting i guess.
    Worth a github feature request ;)
    Would even be better when it would be implemented as an action card.
    In this use case:
    Washing started -> enable wallplug read-only
    Washing done -> disable wallplug read-only

• Think i found it in the manual under Advanced Parameters
    http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGWPEF-102/FGWPEF-102-EN-A-v2.0.pdf