This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Additional languages

Hi,

Can I extend the languages that Homey supports? My girlfriend is Japanese (and I'm trying to pick some of that up), and I'd like Homey to be able to support Japanese for the UI as well as for speech. For this use case, it would be even more cool if Homey is multilingual (and thus would respond in Japanese to a Japanese command). I know this last part is supported in homebrew code (I will receive the language as part of the speech trigger output), but I don't know if that also means that non-default languages are recognised or returned. I'm guessing this is not the case :smile: 

Comments

• captkiwicaptkiwi Member
    edited January 2016
    I actually eager to know as well if homey accepts commands in 2 or more spoken languages at the same time. Or does homey only accepts commands  the installed language voice pack?
  • The reaction from Emile on a similar question in another topic:

Emile said:

I'm sorry guys, but Homey can be one language at a time.

Maybe we can change this later when we introduce extended multi-user support (together with triggering speech per user), but that requires some good thinking so I'm not 100% sure about that.

• It's an edge case anyway. Pity but understandable :)
This discussion has been closed.