This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
tradfri

Ikea Tradfri smart light products

Comments

• JaapPelt said:
    Is it possible to add the:
    - TRADFRI 5 Button Remote
    - TRADFRI Motion Sensor

before i buy this i want to know that in case that homey won't work i can use it by hand 

I'd expect Athom is working on the support as these two specific products have great value.

I have the 5 button remote linked to a tradfri lamp. I noticed that you can use the lamp to "forward" the signals from the remote to Homey, so you could control multiple lights my having them copy the state of one lamp. Or course it is not as good as true support...

Thanks Jaap! 

So when you use the 5 button remote home recognize that a lamp had turned on ? 

For the sensor i can use another brand but i want all the lights of the same brand
  • bvdbos said:
    So you have that lamp connected to both Homey and the remote?

Every time i pair the rotating dimmer to the bulb, the bulb loses connection to homey.
    +1 I tried that as well. Because Dimmer -> Homey -> Bulb is not working well.
  • so the way as Ikea does is has been tested to? First pair te bulb and the dimmer. Then pair the dimmer with Homey? 
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited August 2017
    bvdbos said:
    So you have that lamp connected to both Homey and the remote?
    Yep.

To elaborate a bit: 
    I can can control the lamp with:
    - Homey
    - The remote
    - The wall switch

When you cut off the power using the wall switch the lamp will be off. When you switch the power back on, the lamp will turn on to it's last state (dim and color).
    The remote I will just try to toggle the lamp on or off. If the lamp has no power, it won't work (obviously). It can set a few color states (cool, normal, warm) and a few dim levels. 
    Homey can turn the lamp on and off, change the dim and color. (again, assuming the lamp has power). It can also check the status of the lamp and act accordingly. So you can trigger flows when the status change because of the remote of wall switch (although I have not thoroughly tested this functionality). I doubt it will be able to detect the turn off using the wall switch as a trigger. 

Apparently only Homey OR the remote con control the lamp (see comments below). not both.
    Sorry for the misinformation!
  • so the way as Ikea does is has been tested to? First pair te bulb and the dimmer. Then pair the dimmer with Homey? 
    I have tried: Once you have paired the dimmer with the bulbs,  you can not connect the bulbs anymore with Homey.
    So controlling the bulbs via Homey works, but than your dimmer needs to be disconnected from the bulbs and the bulbs needs to be reset (6xpower switch)
    Anyone else tried to connect the bulbs with Homey AND the dimmer (if Homey is down you would still be able to dim directly via the Ikea dimmer.)
  • Just tried: The other way around is the same. If paired with Homey you can still pair the GU10 with the dimmer (without resetting the light ! Beware) but then the connection to Homey is lost.
  • bvdbos said:
    Just tried: The other way around is the same. If paired with Homey you can still pair the GU10 with the dimmer (without resetting the light ! Beware) but then the connection to Homey is lost.
    I haven't noticed it lost connection with Homey. I did some playing around last weekend, but it might be that I connected the remote afterwards and I didn't check back with Homey since.  :s

Sorry for the misinformation and thank you for correcting me.
  • erreenerreen Member
    edited August 2017
    On the website of Ikea, they say that the bulbs are not working in combination of an existing "normal" dimmer.
    When I turn the dimmer to the max. output, will the Ikea bulbs working in combination with Homey?
  • I think they might but it may also damage your lights.. If they work, then they'll also work with Homey presumably. Best way to find out: try it with one light first.... ;)
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited August 2017
    erreen said:
    On the website of Ikea, they say that the bulbs are not working in combination of an existing "normal" dimmer.
    When I turn the dimmer to the max. output, will the Ikea bulbs working in combination with Homey?
    If you have a normal dimmer, it should work. Voltage is not perfectly constant anyway, so even if you only provide 100-98%, the lamp should function fine.
    If you turn it down by accident, the lamp might start to flicker or buzz and it could break the lamp.
    If you has a phase dimmer, 100% should work fine, but I'm not sure what will happen at 99.9%. It might break the lamp or it might work fine.  

The best thing is definitely to take the dimmer out of the equation to avoid breaking the lamp by accident. You can always connect the black directly to the brown wire without a switch even though it is not proper wiring protocol.  
  • bvdbos said:
    I think they might but it may also damage your lights.. If they work, then they'll also work with Homey presumably. Best way to find out: try it with one light first.... ;)
    JaapPelt said:
    erreen said:
    If you have a normal dimmer, it should work. Voltage is not perfectly constant anyway, so even if you only provide 100-98%, the lamp should function fine.
    If you turn it down by accident, the lamp might start to flicker or buzz and it could break the lamp.
    If you has a phase dimmer, 100% should work fine, but I'm not sure what will happen at 99.9%. It might break the lamp or it might work fine.  

The best thing is definitely to take the dimmer out of the equation to avoid breaking the lamp by accident. You can always connect the black directly to the brown wire without a switch even though it is not proper wiring protocol.  

Thanks for the answers. It's not mine intention to use the dimmer when installed the Ikea bulbs.
    The dimmer and all my other switches and outlets are from manufacturer Gira. Special line up.
    I cannot change this with another normal switch, so for the looks it is a no go.

I think I give it a shot, see what happens. :-)
  • erreen said:
    Thanks for the answers. It's not mine intention to use the dimmer when installed the Ikea bulbs.
    The dimmer and all my other switches and outlets are from manufacturer Gira. Special line up.
    I cannot change this with another normal switch, so for the looks it is a no go.
    Which specific Gira line are you using then? I would guess you could order a matching wall switch or blind plate...
  • Am I the only one who cannot pair the 1000LM E27 bulb? Tried to reset the bulb but it will not act as shown in the youtube tutorial. Got two of them and they won't pair. Also got some GU10 bulbs and they paired like a charm!
  • erreen said:
    Which specific Gira line are you using then? I would guess you could order a matching wall switch or blind plate...

Gira S-Color A blind plate is a possability, but not nice looks.
  • Mwahhh said:
    Am I the only one who cannot pair the 1000LM E27 bulb? Tried to reset the bulb but it will not act as shown in the youtube tutorial. Got two of them and they won't pair. Also got some GU10 bulbs and they paired like a charm!
    Have you paired them with the Ikea dimmer ? Unpair first. After unpair, reset by switging on/off 6 x. Now you can pair 
  • Hi, dit someone already use the GU10 lamps? How is the light? Is pairing directly to homey easy? Can it be usen on the first floor and homey downstairs without ikea controller or other zigbi stuff?
    THX!!!
  • cautje said:
    Hi, dit someone already use the GU10 lamps? How is the light? Is pairing directly to homey easy? Can it be usen on the first floor and homey downstairs without ikea controller or other zigbi stuff?
    THX!!!
    Easy install and working on the first and second floor without issues here :) Paired directly with Homey.
  • Thx! And how is the light?
  • erreen said:
    bvdbos said:
    I think they might but it may also damage your lights.. If they work, then they'll also work with Homey presumably. Best way to find out: try it with one light first.... ;)
    JaapPelt said:
    erreen said:

I think I give it a shot, see what happens. :-)
    You can use zhc5002. It's a gira z-wave switch with dimmers.
  • Hallo, ik heb een paar vragen over de ikea smartlight producten.. 

Ik wil er graag een paar aanschaffen voor de badkamer en de slaapkamer.. 

Hoe zit het met het bereik van de lampen? Is een meter of 10 met 2 muren er tussen haalbaar? 

De 5 button remote is nog niet ondersteund.. Maar kun je me de dimmer de lichten ook aan en uit schakelen? Of echt alleen dimmen.. 

Zit er veel vertraging in het schakelen van de lampen? 

Ben benieuwd naar jullie bevindingen! 

Hoe zit het met het bereik van de lampen? Is een meter of 10 met 2 muren er tussen haalbaar? 

De 5 button remote is nog niet ondersteund.. Maar kun je me de dimmer de lichten ook aan en uit schakelen? Of echt alleen dimmen.. 

Can we plz keep it in English?

Go visit a Ikea store. There is an opportunity to try and experience yourself.
  • Hi,

Can someone explain whatt he percentages in the Zigbee graph mean? I guess it has something to do with rabge?

FYI: I have 3 bulbs near to each other (couple of centimeters) in a lamp that is about 2 or 3 meters away from Homey.

• SpydroneSpydrone Member
    edited September 2017
    Would it be possible to connect the TRADFRI Rotating Dimmer to Homey and dim or brighten specific Philips Hue lights at the same time by rotating the dimmer?

This would also be awesome for volume control of an sound amplifier, temperature control etc.
  • Spydrone said:
    Would it be possible to connect the TRADFRI Rotating Dimmer to Homey and dim or brighten specific Philips Hue lights at the same time by rotating the dimmer?

This would also be awesome for volume control of an sound amplifier, temperature control etc.
    That answer can be simply found at the app page of the ikea app -> https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ikea.tradfri Once connected you can use the dimmer for all sort of flows :) 
  • Spydrone said:

That answer can be simply found at the app page of the ikea app -> https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ikea.tradfri Once connected you can use the dimmer for all sort of flows :) 
    Awesome, I was not sure if this was possible with the available cards. Tnx for the quick reply.
  • jeffreytigchjeffreytigch Member
    edited September 2017
    I currently had to implement a workaround for the ikea bulb and dimmer combo. When the bulb is at brightness level 0% and I still turn the dimmer, it should (as it does when it works standalone) turn off the bulb. Currently, Homey turns off the bulb off, and turns it back on in a few 100 milliseconds. To work around this (doesn't work all the time), I had to:

• Make a countdown for the bulb to be turned off
    • Make a flow that IF the dimmer has been turned AND the countdown is not running THEN change the brightness to the dimmer level
    • Make a flow that IF the dimmer has turned AND the dimmer level is <= 0 (via a logic card) THEN turn off the bulb and start the countdown for 5 seconds.

I hope this will be fixed later on, but this will suffice for now.
  • Bought a dimable tradfri lightbulb. Homey does not detect it. Turned bulb fast on off for 6 times. Bulbs doesn't blink twice to show its reset. What now?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    PieDjee said:
    Bought a dimable tradfri lightbulb. Homey does not detect it. Turned bulb fast on off for 6 times. Bulbs doesn't blink twice to show its reset. What now?
    you maybe did it 5 times instead of 6 (did it also wrong in the beginning), do one extra. Reset is a standard from the Ikea lamp so if that's not working you maybe have a hardware defect
  • PieDjeePieDjee Member
    edited September 2017
    PieDjee said:
    Bought a dimable tradfri lightbulb. Homey does not detect it. Turned bulb fast on off for 6 times. Bulbs doesn't blink twice to show its reset. What now?
    you maybe did it 5 times instead of 6 (did it also wrong in the beginning), do one extra. Reset is a standard from the Ikea lamp so if that's not working you maybe have a hardware defect
    Yeah tried that. But if I look at a youtube video from ikea, they also don't blink twice. However, will try once more tonight.

-edit- $%#*

Now counted exactly SEVEN times and -plop- its found <span>:smiley:</span>