This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey and D-Link window sensor

I've got several door/window sensor in my flat, two of them are D-Link DCH-Z110. They seem to be quite similar to the Devolo, which works fine with Homey. The Z110 is not recognized correctly.

Does anyone have the D-Link sensor running with Homey? What do I have to adjust in order to use it?

Comments

• Anyone?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited August 2017
    @mcfrush You will need to have an app supporting your specific device (ID's)

It could be that the D-link door sensors are rebranded Devolo door sensors; you could compare manuals of both to see if the parameters (SW settings of these devices) match.
    If they are, you could use the Devolo app as starting point and update the product and manufacturer ID's to match the D-link ones.

If the D-link is not a rebrand, more work is needed to make an app / driver for the D-link sensor...

Both appear (from the formattinh of the manual) to be rebrands of the Philio / D-link / Devolo / Zipato (not sure who is the main manufacturer)
  • Any update on this?