This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

not responding to speech anymore

paulus64paulus64 Member
edited August 2017 in Questions & Help
Since this evening Homey totally doesn't respond to speech requests anymore. The only thing it does is light an orange ring when spoken to.
please help

gr paul

Comments

• Hi Paul,

You tried rebooting homey? Or pull the plug?
    If that wasn't working, what version of the firmware are you running?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi,
    wich version are you on Homey, also did you try a PTP (pull the plug) and what is not working?

Edit: Same questions as @swttt :) 

Modbreak
    Several !!!!!! in topic title is not needed i guess we all understand it without it. Changed topic title

• @paulus64 same problem here 5min. ago it started working again. PTP didn't resolve it. Mentioned it on slack as well and have send a log to athom and informed Jeroen about it. Internal voicecommands did work like "ik ben zwanger" 

• paulus64 said:
    Since this evening Homey totally doesn't respond to speech requests anymore. The only thing it does is light an orange ring when spoken to.
    please help

gr paul
    Mine didn't react to speech anymore (completely nothing, no orange ring or anything) after upgrading to 1.5rc2.
    Started working again after disabling/enabling the microphone in settings.
  • Same here, no response to voice (no orange ring). Am on 1.5 rc 4
  • mrdremelmrdremel Member
    edited August 2017
    With me also. Ring goes orange, then goes white as in processing and then nothing. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't.

New Homey user, so at first I thought this was the quality of the speech recognition. But As I joined the forum I see that more people have these issues as of now.

running 1.3.2 - build 66

Rebooted several times, but it comes and goes.
  • Perhaps it´s the same as described in this issue?
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2052#issuecomment-377701105