This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Trust smart home

in august trust is going to launch "trust smart home".
http://www.trust.com/nl/zigbee

Something like phillips hue... it works over zigbee.

i'm a newb and don't know much :)
so i hope this isn't a dumb question.

will it work with homey?
Do i need to wait for an app in the homey store?
Or should i just buy the phillips hue lights?

thank you

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    Trust == big nono  :p
  • swtttswttt Member
    I don't think they manufacture themself...so i'll judge when i have seen some of the products. But yeah, its Trust :tongue:

But to answer the question:
    It will work someday with homey. Athom is working on direct zigbee support now (its in developers preview now as early alpha). This means it will support other brands without a bridge as well (osram lightify and philips hue for example ). Before 1.4.0 will hit stable will take a while (guessing here and not knowing for sure), but even after then you will have to wait until someone writes an app for it.

• Thank you for the quick reply's.
    i will wait (and probebly buy hue) :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited June 2017
    Depending on your needs you do have alternatives like Ikea and Osram Lightify tho :)
    And thats just zigbee.

Lifx seems a nice solution as well (wifi) but never tested them.
  • laurencelaurence Member
    edited June 2017
    thank you, i'm going to do some internet research then.  o:)

i assume with ikea i will have to wait for 1.4 aswell?
  • PovlovPovlov Member
    The Hue bulbs are not cheap, but considering the expected life and the (current) quality  20 € for a zigbee white e27 is really pretty decent. Other brands will not be priced much lower in the near future. Waiting will not really save much pesos, and you may end up with a "commercialized" newer version of Hue, meaning it will be of a more mediocre quality.   
  • swtttswttt Member
    To connect the bulbs directly you Indeed will need to wait until 1.4.0 is stable. Osram and Hue both work with their bridges tho. Where osram can be connected to a hue bridge as well.
  • Trust ZigBee = the new product line of KaKu (Klik aan Klik uit)

They are cheap, but they have dimmable 'Flame'  color which I like a lot! (for only € 21,99)

I bought one and tried it on Homey v1.5.0 experimental with the IKEA App. It works ok, but not 100% stable. I am confident Athom will update their KaKu App to support KaKu Zigbee.