This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• I have a problem that the state of my devices is often not synced with Homeydash automatically. I have to click the refresh button before it shows the correct (current) state of the device. I believe this is happening when I haven't used Homeydash for a while (few minutes) and the screensaver has been active. Directly after the refresh Homeydash does sync all the button preses or commands I give Homey with for example a KaKu remote.

Is there a way that Homeydash can be synced/refreshed in the background? Or is this something which @swttt can fix in a new update of the app?
  • Have to look into reconnecting sockets after standby.
    For now you will need to refresh indeed :smile:
  • JBSJBS Member
    Using Homeydash on a tablet for a while now, very nice :-)
    Any change to say something about the performance boost in the near future @swttt ?
  • @JBS
    The new Athom-API and Vue make it allot faster, but hard to give any numbers since it is quite early.
    I did fix the authorization issues, and somehow created my own. (Was a big issue as well)

When you go to the homeydash url in the new version for the first time, it will ask for an auth pin. This one is random generated on homey, and can be found in the app settings. Confirming the pin in homeydash will handle all the auth.
    No need for a bearer token, login.. etc :smile:
  • Normally not the one to ask..... but how's progress towards a new stable version?
  • Shared some screenshots on Slack yesterday...still need to work out the widgets. But the API is working even without the auth (so spend time for nothing on that awesome part :blush: ).

• Attaboy!
  • @swttt is it possible to have the same buttons in HomeyDash as in the Homey app for the LIFX lights. In that way we can also change color instead of just brightness.
  • Is going to be possible in the new version :smile:
  • swttt said:
    Is going to be possible in the new version :smile:
    Awesome!

Will it also be possible to display the value of a (better logic) variable. This would make it possible to for example display the expected time I arrive home or how many unread mails there are in my inbox and countless of other stuff (Tasker in combination with Homey).
  • ArdArd Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello everyone, I searched the forum but I cannot find the answer to my question.
    I can use the homeydash (v0.0.19) on my iPad (Safari) without any problems. Only when I set the page as APP on my Ipad, I do not get past the login screen. Token has been filled in in the settings.
    It does not work on iOS10 and iOS11beta. How do you get the app on the iPad on full screen like I see in many pictures?
  • @Ard Try to login to my.athom.com in safari first. Then it should work...
  • I dont know if this is the right place for my question but I am thinking about buying homey and u am qurious if its possible to show my today appointments (google calender), last 5 mails and todays weather in homeydash simply ? I am not a programmer, but would really like this.

thanks in regard
  • I dont know if this is the right place for my question but I am thinking about buying homey and u am qurious if its possible to show my today appointments (google calender), last 5 mails and todays weather in homeydash simply ? I am not a programmer, but would really like this.

thanks in regard
    The now available Homeydash is still in Beta, but according to there Timeline Athom is working on " Customizable, drag-and-drop dashboards for use in the Homey Smartphone App and in Homey Desktop".
    So difficult to say now, how the dashboard is gonna look like in future.
  • Is Carmelarad still helping AtHome to make the Homey Dash project working?
    His idea http://carmelarad.com/homey.html from 1 year ago looks very pretty, but the current Dash app isn't coming near to this..
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    @klankbart
    Hope you do know that that is a totally different company and has nothing to do with athom's homey?
    Just a coincidence that they use the same name

Actually not even an company, just a developer that made a good looking dashboard (that is not compatible with our homey) 
  • Is it possible to select Hue scenes in the Homeydash? 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2017
    @Count_B
    No. But you can create a trigger with the Better Logic App and have that start a Hue scene. Those triggers can be added to Homey Dash.

Here a screen of my tablet. Almost all buttons are triggers (for Homey flows). The buttons named DIM x are Hue scenes!

• Everyone has these awesome sliders to dim light. How is this possible? It's really hard to find it in this threat of 38 pages..
  • @daand
    By using the beta that should work :)
  • Eternity said:
    @Count_B
    No. But you can create a trigger with the Better Logic App and have that start a Hue scene. Those triggers can be added to Homey Dash.

Here a screen of my tablet. Almost all buttons are triggers (for Homey flows). The buttons named DIM x are Hue scenes!

Looks great. How did you get the names beneath the icons?
  • @koeniebert
    When you add a widget in Homey Dash, you are asked if you want to copy the name of the device or create a new / your own name. 
  • Eternity said:
    @koeniebert
    When you add a widget in Homey Dash, you are asked if you want to copy the name of the device or create a new / your own name. 
    Yes I know, thanks. But the names are always at the right of the icon, and not beneath the icon. How can you get it beneath the icons?
  • Oh, I think I just tried a couple of different size widgets. Re sizing them and getting the names align. It didn't work with all widget. It is not a setting or option, just luck  :)
  • Eternity said:
    Oh, I think I just tried a couple of different size widgets. Re sizing them and getting the names align. It didn't work with all widget. It is not a setting or option, just luck  :)
    OK, Thanks
  • @koeniebert
    @Eternity

With On/off/Dim Devices the name is right. 

With Buttons the name are beneath the icons 
  • @koeniebert
    @Eternity

With On/off/Dim Devices the name is right. 

With Buttons the name are beneath the icons 
    Great to know. Thanks!
  • yustmenlyustmenl Member
    edited September 2017
    Looks good, but currently i am missing the option to add switches for sunscreens and to control the thermostat
    Is there a plan on when these wil be implemented?

Also maybe some nice features would be to have the option to create a titlebar to group switches and to ahve the option to have a graph from the insights displayed.
    Also a widged with traffic information would be a nice addition.
  • @yustmenl

I can control my curtains via Homey Dash, wouldn't the same be possible for your sun screens, (up and down)?

And also, your thermostat could be made available in a similar way; make triggers for Warm | Warmer | Hot | Away et cetera and add these to Homey Dash interface. The triggers trigger Homey flows that execute the desired thermostat command.
  • yustmenl said:
    Looks good, but currently i am missing the option to add switches for sunscreens and to control the thermostat
    Is there a plan on when these wil be implemented?

Also maybe some nice features would be to have the option to create a titlebar to group switches and to ahve the option to have a graph from the insights displayed.
    Also a widged with traffic information would be a nice addition.
    sunscreens here are controlled by fibaro shutter 2's and the dash (and HA bridge with echo's)