This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[NEW] Netgear router app

Comments

• I too have some hickups :-)

The R7000 is shown and the internet status and amount of connected devices is shown, but the up/down speeds remains empty and the router information sections is empty:

BTW: what shoud the SOAP port be set as?

Firmware=V1.0.9.6_1.2.19
    RegionTag=R7000_WW Region=ww
    Model=R7000
    InternetConnectionStatus=Up
    ParentalControlSupported=1
    SOAPVersion=3.18
    ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29
    XCloudSupported=1

• gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited August 2017
    Try fully deleting the app, and install the new version from github. It takes a few minutes after pairing before the speed is calculated.
    Normally you only have to fill in the password and leave the other fields on default.
  • @Eternity did you try ^ ? The first beta was extremely buggy, the new beta is a tiny bit less buggy o:) I think what happened to you is that the router blocked your Homey from accessing it. The router does that after multiple failed login attempts. I found that deblocking is possible by using the genie app. Just block the homey for 30s, and deblock it again. Let me know if that works for you. Be aware though that my github version is still very much under construction, so it does have bugs. :#
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks @gruijter_dev !

Did both (removed the installed version, reinstalled the latest via GIT *and* used Genie to block and unblock Homey).

Speed doesn't show up yet.

edited August 2017
    @Eternity did you enable traffic statistics in the router? You can use the genie app to enable this.

And fyi: if you want to use the Homey action card to block/unblock a device you have to enable access control via the genie app as well. You can find the access control under "netwerkoverzicht" in genie.
    edited November 2017
    The app just got released as beta in the appstore. Please let me know which netgear routers work, and which do not work.

edit 7/11:

confirmed working:
    WNDR4500v2, R6250, 
     R7000, R8000

confirmed not working (for now):
    R7800, 
    Orbi AC3000
  • R6250 Not working  :'(
  • @erikmm What reply do you get when trying to pair the device? What doesn't work exactly? Did you already try putting the soap port to 80?
  • Hi @erikmm any more information you can provide for me? Do you get an error during pairing? If so, what message do you get exacty. Or do you get a device unavailable after pairing maybe? I believe the R6250 could work since it is not that much different from the R7000. Are you on the latest firmware? And I assume your Homey is connected on the LAN side of the R6250, and not on the WAN side?
  • @gruijter_dev I have the WNDR4500v2 router: After installing the app I can add my router as a device and the router seems to be added fine. But after 60 second (polling time) It shows disconnected with the message: "Cannot read property "0" of undefined. What am I doing wrong?
  • @ARJ Great that you can pair. I have a hunch what is going wrong for your router. You will have to wait for the next beta app release to try again
  • Thanx!
  • WouterNLDWouterNLD Member
    edited November 2017
    Robebar said:
    Would the Netgear Orbi be one of those ?? 

Netgear RBR50 (Orbi Router) and RBS50 (Orbi Satellite)

Have not been able to get it to work on my Netgear Orbi (firmware 2.0.0.74 and SOAP version 3.14). Error when configuring the connection 'connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.71.1:5000'. I expect the SOAP port is incorrect and googling as we speak.

Port 80 gives 'invalid response code from router'.
  • @ARJ @WouterNLD @erikmm @MarkSwift ;

New 0.0.6 version app is on GitHub and waiting approval in the Homey appstore. Many improvements in stability. Also presence detection is now functional. Could you give the new version a try?

Especially for the Orbi and other Netgear routers that show problems when pairing: I have included a logmodule under app settings. Please copy and paste the log in this forum, or send it via pm to me on slack: https://athomcommunity.slack.com/messages/D1KCFTBU2/
  • No-one reported a "socket hung up" yet?
  • @bvdbos: I have the socket hangup also once or twice a day. Still trying to find the root cause of that. The error doesn't impact the functionality of the app anymore in the new version 0.0.6
  • Installed 0.0.6 (R7800), still not able to get it working...

I am not sure if i do something wrong in regards to SOAP config, but i cant find anything in the router on where to set the SOAP port.

Firmware=V1.0.2.36WW RegionTag=R7800_WW Region=ww Model=R7800 InternetConnectionStatus=Up ParentalControlSupported=1 SOAPVersion=3.18 ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29 XCloudSupported=1 LoginMethod=1.0

When using port 5000 i get :
    Wrong Ip or SOAP port

When using port 80 i get :
    invalid response code from router: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <m:AuthenticateResponse xmlns:m="urn:NETGEAR-ROUTER:service:ParentalControl:1"></m:AuthenticateResponse>
    <ResponseCode>404</ResponseCode>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
  • Tried the 0.0.6 version on Orbi RBR50 firmware:V2.0.0.74

port 5000: 
    Error: Wrong Ip or SOAP port
    Log: 
    2017-11-06T20:41:49.328Z save button pressed in frontend 
    2017-11-06T20:41:49.346Z using as router address: 192.168.2.1 
    2017-11-06T20:41:49.372Z login error Error: wrong IP or wrong SOAP port at _makeRequest.then.catch (/netgear.js:215:14) at at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Port80: 
    Error: 
    invalid response code from router: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <m:AuthenticateResponse xmlns:m="urn:NETGEAR-ROUTER:service:ParentalControl:1"></m:AuthenticateResponse>
    <ResponseCode>404</ResponseCode>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    Log:
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.271Z save button pressed in frontend 
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.290Z using as router address: 192.168.2.1 
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.360Z {} 
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.411Z login error Error: invalid response code from router: 404 at IncomingMessage.res.on (/netgear.js:515:14) at emitNone (events.js:111:20) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7) at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1056:12) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
    edited November 2017
    @Christian thx for this log. Port 80 seems to be the right soap port for the r7800. But the response code 404 is not what I would expect. When you are sure you are using the right username and password you might want to try the following in order:
    *uninstall the app
    *using genie breefly block Homey for about 30s, and unblock it again
    * reboot the router
    * reboot Homey
    * install the app again and retry. Make sure that the username and password are correct

If you still get a 404 I will have to somehow figure out what that actually means...
  • @matrover also for orbi 80 is the correct soap port. Would you be able to capture the soap communication between your genie app and your orbi? I would need to see what soap messages go back and forth when trying to login from the genie app.
  • @matrover also for orbi 80 is the correct soap port. Would you be able to capture the soap communication between your genie app and your orbi? I would need to see what soap messages go back and forth when trying to login from the genie app.
    as posted on github, already did that, https://pastebin.com/kbmeEpqU
  • Great, just found it! I will study it to figure out what is happening with orbi login.
  • Great, just found it! I will study it to figure out what is happening with orbi login.
    Thanks! 
  • Oh, just to mae sure: your Homey is connected to the wifi of the orbi itself ( lan side), and not trying to connect from outside ( wan side) of the orbi?
  • matrovermatrover Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh, just to mae sure: your Homey is connected to the wifi of the orbi itself ( lan side), and not trying to connect from outside ( wan side) of the orbi?
    Nope same subnet, i stuffed the devices away but it was actually the first device in the soap message.
  • erikmmerikmm Member
    edited November 2017
    Still no luck with R6250

Firmware-version V1.0.4.14

And YES, right ip is used and right password used (tried via browser)

Tried With both port 5000 and 80

017-11-06T20:38:01.291Z retrieving knownDevices from persistent storage 2017-11-06T20:39:01.456Z Login error @ driver wrong IP or wrong SOAP port 2017-11-06T20:39:01.462Z getRouterData error Error: wrong IP or wrong SOAP port at _makeRequest.then.catch (/netgear.js:215:14) at at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
    2017-11-06T20:39:01.463Z updateRouterDeviceState error: Error: wrong IP or wrong SOAP port at _makeRequest.then.catch (/netgear.js:215:14) at at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
  • @Christian thx for this log. Port 80 seems to be the right soap port for the r7800. But the response code 404 is not what I would expect. When you are sure you are using the right username and password you might want to try the following in order:
    *uninstall the app
    *using genie breefly block Homey for about 30s, and unblock it again
    * reboot the router
    * reboot Homey
    * install the app again and retry. Make sure that the username and password are correct

If you still get a 404 I will have to somehow figure out what that actually means...
    Still same result :-(..... We agree that it is Admin username and my admin Password, correct ?
  • Yes, the admin username and password you also use in the genie app and in the webinterface of the netgear. I gues I need to digg deeper in what is different from the r7000 and r8000 when trying to login...