This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[Published] Homekit for Homey

Comments

• VicdBVicdB Member
    This is really great! Can't wait for it., thanks!
  • swtttswttt Member
    Had a little trouble with adding locks, but thats working now. Other then that i have added temperature sensors if your motion device supports them, Hue and saturation if you have colored bulbs and temperature if your lights don't support color but do support white tones.

Going to delay the thermostat and window blinds, since i really would like to make this app ready before 1.5.0 hits experimental :smile:

Am i forgetting any classes/capabilities?
  • Volume, like for upnp, as a capability? And tv, airco etc as class? Do you already take energy-measurements into account for lights and sockets?
  • Just looked up the HAS specs, but volume should be do-able indeed.
    Where energy usage isn't something thats available :(

TV should be added as a socket i guess, since it doesn't really have a TV service. Airco should be possible as thermostat or as Fan. 

Other then that, i'll add door and window sensors as well :)
  • Really awesome man. I can't wait until I have 1.5 and can try this.  <3
  • 1.5.0 will hit experimental pretty soon, and i think Homekit is ready to be published as a beta :smile:

So, its send to the App Store and awaiting approval. Edited the first post accordingly.
  • Hi swttt, 

Great work! unfortunately I have to be home to test (i assume)
  • rutgerbrutgerb Member
    edited August 2017
    swttt said:
    Had a little trouble with adding locks, but thats working now. Other then that i have added temperature sensors if your motion device supports them, Hue and saturation if you have colored bulbs and temperature if your lights don't support color but do support white tones.

Going to delay the thermostat and window blinds, since i really would like to make this app ready before 1.5.0 hits experimental :smile:

Am i forgetting any classes/capabilities?
    As first thank you for making this app! i'm really happy with this one <span>:smiley:</span>. But does the app support the dana lock? We don't have it yet but we would like to buy one.
  • @rutgerb
    It should work with any doorlock within Homey. Where there is still an issue for controlling it by voice tho.
  • Ooh okay thank you for the quick respond, i will buy you a beer ;)
  • rutgerb said:
    Ooh okay thank you for the quick respond, i will buy you a beer ;)
    Can You make a video of How good the Danalock v3 is Working?
  • swttt said:
    @rutgerb
    It should work with any doorlock within Homey. Where there is still an issue for controlling it by voice tho.
    That's not a bug, it's a feature.... You don't want anybody outside yelling "Ok Homey, open door" ;)
  • Great stuff! Will it also work with multiple accounts? (iCloud accounts / Homey accounts)
  • @quakerix i dont know if dana lock v3 is supported. 
    @bvdbos haha yes that is true 
  • pdreissenpdreissen Member
    edited August 2017
    Can't get this to work unfortunately. Pairing is working as expected but i can't seem to open the settings page in Homey. Keeps spinning but no settings page or whatsoever. I've waited for more than 15 minutes, reinstalled / repaired but nothing seems to be working! Any idea ?

Update: it is working when connecting through chrome, the desktop app of athom isn't loading the settings page!
  • @bvdbos
    Actually it should work when shouting trough siri. It's just using the API to switch the doorlock.
    So this really is a bug and imho it should work...
  • @hnijveen
    You can setup "Sharing" in the Home app on iOS. I use that to share the house with my wife so she can control Homey as well trough siri.

Adding a 2nd homey shouldn't be a problem, but not tested...
  • edited August 2017
    Thanks @swttt, I'm familiar with the in Home option. What I was wondering if it was possible to connect two or more iCloud accounts (each having their own Home configuration) accessing one Homey using the HomeKit app.
  • Well, didn't test that. But my guess is it isn't working since it's already paired with one.
    You should just try tho..
  • @swttt is it posible to make homey a homekit hub so that it also works if you are out of reach of your wifi network?
  • Nope, you only can make an iPad, Apple tv or HomePod an homekit hub.
    As a work-around you might be able to create a VPN to your home network.
  • wingiewingie Member
    edited August 2017
    swttt said:
    Nope, you only can make an iPad, Apple tv or HomePod an homekit hub.
    Thanks for the fast response, i think i will update my iPad then to iOS 10 (still using 8.4 due to no jailbreak for iOS 10.3). Kodi is the only app why my iPad is jailbroken. But first will try your suggestion for VPN because i'm running Openvpn on my synology.

Edit: Oke tested the VPN option but this doesn't work i've setup a OpenVPN connection from my iphone to my synology at home but the icons in the control center stay greyed out 
  • You know there are alternatives for kodi that dont require a jailbreak?

to bad the VPN solution didn’t worked... you sure you got access to local lan trough the VPN? 
  • swttt said:
    Nope, you only can make an iPad, Apple tv or HomePod an homekit hub.
    No not possible. Although I currently have Home (thx to you), GH, Homey and Alexa @Home, still love the flex power of Homey. Amazing it is.
  • A quick Google shows you are right... iOS isnt able to receive bonjour packets over VPN tab.
  • swttt said:
    You know there are alternatives for kodi that dont require a jailbreak?

to bad the VPN solution didn’t worked... you sure you got access to local lan trough the VPN? 
    Yeah but don't feel like to do the procedure every 7 days to renew the certificate. And I don't like plex.

But if you know another way please pb me.

I tested the connection from the nursing home to my local network 
  • @wingie
    Another alternative to Kodi might be Infuse :smile:
    Where i still am in love with Plex...
  • Just updated the app, and it's waiting for approval.
    • Added logging (with realtime updating)
    • Changed the devices UI
    • Translated Settings
  • Oh, 1.0.4 already. Forgot to limit the log size.
    It has a limit of 50 lines now :smile:
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited August 2017
    I totally love this app. I love how you already added Hue lights, Fibaro and Hue sensors, and the Nuki lock to it :)

Some requests though;
    - Nest thermostat would be nice to see as a sensor and perhaps to be able to set temperature?
    - Nest protect perhaps?
    - Somfy sunscreens