This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[Published] Wireless Weather Sensors (1.2.1)

Comments

• mueslimuesli Member
    @RamonBaas Could you please support the Alecto WS-4000 (WH1080 868Mhz) as well? My weather station is connected via USB to the Raspberry and the data is read by Weewx. It does upload it to Weather Underground. I would love to use the data (e.g. inside temp) for the Homey too!  I'll buy you a crate of beer :-) 

• @muesli Homey only supports receiving ASK signals on 868.3 MHz. The WS-4000 sends signals with FSK encoding and Homey is not configured to receive those.
  • mueslimuesli Member
    RamonBaas said:
    @muesli Homey only supports receiving ASK signals on 868.3 MHz. The WS-4000 sends signals with FSK encoding and Homey is not configured to receive those.

Jammer, maar bedankt voor je toelichting! Dat lijkt op een software keuze van Athom als ik het goed begrijp?
  • BarryBarry Member
    Hi there,
    I have temp / hygro from smartwares and also the

Thermo- en hygrosensor TS34C 5-kanaals

Will these both be supported yet?

• @Barry Don't know. Give it a try and see if it works.
  • adjuadju Member
    edited June 2017
    @RamonBaas

Nadat ik de app heb geïnstalleerd kies ik alleen het Conrad 868 protocol.
    Uit nieuwsgierigheid de statistieken gedownload en hierin zie ik wel dat alle andere protocollen op false staan
    maar geen Conrad 868 protocol niet op false en ook niet op true.
    Is dit wellicht de reden dat homey geen enkele sensor oppikt?

edtit: Had in het engels gemoeten, excuus
  • @adju: Not sure, can't reproduce that. But to be honest, the Conread 868 also does not work for me. Homey only receives signals on 868.3 MHz and the Conrad sensor I have sends signals on ~867.8 Mhz - which Homey does not pick up.
  • adjuadju Member
    RamonBaas said:
    @adju: Not sure, can't reproduce that. But to be honest, the Conread 868 also does not work for me. Homey only receives signals on 868.3 MHz and the Conrad sensor I have sends signals on ~867.8 Mhz - which Homey does not pick up.
    Oke, thanks for the info.
    Will leave it for now.
  • @RamonBaas  Can you tell me whats wrong with my weather devices? I've got three cresta weather devices which are sometimes 'seen' by homey. But most of the time they are offline. My domoticz installation however sees the devices all of the time. In the statistics i see most of the time invalid cresta messages?

Please advice and thanks for al your hard work!

• @keyracer Sorry, but from the log I cannot see why reception is bad for you with Homey.
  • @ramonbaas can i check something about the reception? Or is that not possible?
  • Ik heb enige tijd een CRESTA TX320 gebruikt en heeft altijd goed gewerkt tot enkele weken geleden. Ter reparatie opgestuurd naar Cresta maar daarna heeft hij maar enkele weken gewerkt; wel temperatuur/luchtvochtigheid uitlezen maar niet in de Homey. Heeft iemand een aanbeveling voor een andere, niet al te dure temperatuursensor?
  • Last week I bought the Auriol HG02132B-RX fom the Lidl ( https://www.lidl-shop.nl/AURIOL-Weerstation/p100210996 ). The sensor works with this app and shows temp and humidity! While the main unit can't show the humidity.. lol. So great temp/hum sensor for under €9,-!
  • @keverjeroen Thanks, that's good to know! Might order one myself  B).
  • @keverjeroen Based on your feedback I also bought that sensor, but it doesn't report humidity unfortunately. That value is always zero.
  • Strange, I checked insights and now I see it's only sending 20 and 21 as humidity level.. Over and over again... Can it be the sensor is sending something else and the app thinks it's humidity? 
  • That is indeed strange. Mine always reports 0, which makes sense for a temperature only sensor (0 is not a valid value for humidity, 20/21 is, although it is the lowest possible value).
  • Here a screenshot of the insights of the humidity:

• @keverjeroen: What ID do you see for the sensor? 144 by any chance?
  • No ID 141:

• Protocol: Auriol/Z31130
    • Type: Temperatuur/vochtigheid
    • Channel: 1
    • ID: 141

• Anybody else using the Alecto WS-1100 sensor?

Homey / the homey app does not recognize the temp/humidty sensor (WS-1100), the original base station does however... The  sensor is standing 3 meters away from Homey... should be in reach...

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? Github download and installing as a developer??? Tips welcome, thanks.
  • RamonBaasRamonBaas Member
    edited August 2017
    @Homey_Lampje: Yes, I use the WS-1100 myself as well. Works OK here. You can download statistics. That might show a clue.
  • nothing is received by homey from the Alecto WS-1100...

My Cresta sensor is working, although I see a lot of rejected telegrams. Also the Cresta sensor is just a couple of meters away from Homey.  

• You could try increasing sensitivity for Alecto v3 in app.json (line 623). It is now on '0.3'. Max. is '0.5'.
  • @RamonBaas ;thanks for the suggestion, will gif this a try (for the cresta sensor which is showing a lot of rejections...).

Success with the WS-1100... upgraded Homey to 1.5-RC5 firmware... and to my surprise the WS-1100 was detected as a Conrad 868 :-).

• Ok, that is really weird. Need to check that.
  • He RamonBaas, is there any chance to read out the Davis vantage pro2  protocol?
  • @Ramon According to this page the Vantage Pro2 uses FSK encoding on 868 MHz. Homey is configured to receive ASK encoded messages only on 868 MHz. Hence it is not possible to receive this signal with Homey.
  • RamonBaas said:
    @Ramon According to this page the Vantage Pro2 uses FSK encoding on 868 MHz. Homey is configured to receive ASK encoded messages only on 868 MHz. Hence it is not possible to receive this signal with Homey.
    He @RamonBaas.. it's a pity.. but big thanks for your effort supporting the app
  • KikkerX10KikkerX10 Member
    edited September 2017
    just to be sure, The Cresta TX320 should work with this app? Does any one have this sensor working?
    Mine doesn't work, thats why i ask this question.