This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

Comments

• @Eternity e-mail app won't support it yet, not sure if you are using the snapshot token there as well. Best is to add a spoken confirmation to the second flow, so you know if the error is in the Telegram app or in the Synology app. Synology sometimes refuses to take a snapshot, is my experience.
  • Eternity said:
    I have a problem sending the image to Telegram, but am not sure if it is related to my flows, the Synology App or the Telegram App. Both App's are the latest and installed via CLI

This does not sent a Telegram message but also not an test e-mail:

i have the same problem here 
  • I switched to the new image grabber App. That works fine! 
  • @Eternity thanks for the tip
  • Hello. 

Today I tried this app. While adding the NAS by filling in the form and click on 'Save Settings' nothing happened. Pop-up screen is still there and he seems not saving my device. Any idea? Thanks!
  • jordenjorden Member
    @Henri06522 that probably means the username is incorrect, password is incorrect, IP is incorrect or the port is incorrect. Or the user supplied does not have correct rights to be able to get a list of cameras.
  • jorden said:
    @Henri06522 that probably means the username is incorrect, password is incorrect, IP is incorrect or the port is incorrect. Or the user supplied does not have correct rights to be able to get a list of cameras.
    Thanks @jorden
    I figured it out!
    But know I tried to create a flow to send a picture with a flow as mentioned @Eternity ;
    Unfortunately nothing happens and when I test the flow, the green checkmark never appears! Any idea what I could do wrong? Thanks!
  • jordenjorden Member
    Henri06522 said:
    jorden said:
    Thanks @jorden
    I figured it out!
    But know I tried to create a flow to send a picture with a flow as mentioned @Eternity ;
    Unfortunately nothing happens and when I test the flow, the green checkmark never appears! Any idea what I could do wrong? Thanks!
    That probably means that your Synology is not executing the command. Sadly, that happens quite often. I still have to do some work to try and improve it a little.
  • In the Synology Surveillance program, I stumbled upon the option to switch the program to a 'home' mode:

It would be cool if this mode could be switched via Homey in a flow!
  • My Homey updated itself overnight to v1.5 and now the Surveillance Station App to control Synology NAS is broken. A restart of the App results in an instant crash again.  Are others also having this issue?

• I have received this error a few times. Haven't installed 1.5 yet but will see what I can do. Bit busy at work though.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks @jorden

No hurry, just good to read it has your attention :-)

PS
    I installed the version from the App store, just to be sure it isn't caused by the developers version I had installed. That didn't solve it.
  • @Eternity just updated Homey at the office, and made a fix for the Synology app. Can you try with the developer version at https://github.com/jordenc/com.synology.surveillance ?

It should work, if it does I'll release it to the app store.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey @jorden

Updated and can confirm it is working again!!

Excellent work and thanks a lot!

• Update was just approved in the appstore as well :)
  • The App already has a card to take a picture with  a IP camera as a token:

Is this somehow linked to the new v1.5 f/w feature to "Add Image Tokens"?
  • Mod break: moved topic to apps section
  • @Eternity this "1.5 feature" is probably an idea they got from my apps :) I haven't looked into the Athom/Homey implementation yet, not sure if it is the same.
  • Good idea though, @jordan :-)

• Synology Surveillance Station (app)
    If movement is detected on the camera, I get a notification on my mobile (since the update to 1.5.0-rc 2 no longer)
    Someone else having problems with synology app after update 1.5.0-rc 2 ??
  • phbphb Member
    @Jorden   Have a problem with email notification. test mail in synology app works ,  snapshot is taken , but don't get a email notification anymore. Synology version v1.2.8  Homey version 1.5.0.rc.5

• Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Trigger on "Camera starts recording"  isnt working for me either. :(
    I actually bought a synology after / because of    this app :P

• I noticed this as well. I think it has to do with an update on the Synology software. Will need to figure out what has changed, hope to find time this week.
  • JonJon Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi all,
    I have created the following flow where I want an action  (in my case a notification to my phone and my lights turned on) when 1 of my Foscam IP-cams start to record and keeps busy recording (only after sunset).
    Somehow, without the 'AND' ('is recording...') condition, the flow was never triggered, although there were recordings after sunset (as I can see on my Synology).
    So I added the AND condition. But testing is, never finishes. You see the spinner keeps spinning forever.

Anyone got tips how to get the desired result? So: when my Foscam starts recording, send out a notification and switch on the lights.

• @Jon what is the purpose on adding the 'is recoding' card in addition to the 'recording started'?
    Does it would without the condition card? 
    Mod break: moved question to the Synology app discussion topic 
  • JonJon Member
    @TedTolboom
    Without it it doesn't work indeed. But now I read from other users that this trigger doesn't work anymore because of a bug... 
  • Hi same here, seems triggers are  not triggering, otherwise fine and great APP!
  • It seems that with the updates of Surveillance Station and DSM, I  to now get an error in the API:
    "Need manager rights for operation"

It could be that this is due to Homey version 1.5 and a programming mistake I made. I have tried for half an hour to fix it, but didn't succeed.

I will soon try to rewrite the app for SDK 2.0 (Homey 1.5+) and will try to fix this problem that way. The API access should be faster then as well.
  • jorden said:
    It seems that with the updates of Surveillance Station and DSM, I  to now get an error in the API:
    "Need manager rights for operation"

It could be that this is due to Homey version 1.5 and a programming mistake I made. I have tried for half an hour to fix it, but didn't succeed.

I will soon try to rewrite the app for SDK 2.0 (Homey 1.5+) and will try to fix this problem that way. The API access should be faster then as well.
    thanks in advance
  • phb said:
    @Jorden   Have a problem with email notification. test mail in synology app works ,  snapshot is taken , but don't get a email notification anymore. Synology version v1.2.8  Homey version 1.5.0.rc.5

Same issue here... Synology version DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 3, Synology Surveillance version 8.1.0-5406   and Homey version 1.3.1