This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro motion sensor: movement icon flashing red very long (more than 12 hours)

tonvos6tonvos6 Member
edited July 2017 in Questions & Help
Hello,

The motion sensor device, in the homey app, the movement icon is now for more than 12 hours flashing red. And the sensor is not working any more!

I have switch off the homey and I have remove the battery in the sensor. But nothing changed. The situation is not the same.

What is the resoan about this and how I can reset this?

Thanks for youe reactions.

Regards Ton

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2017
    removed...
  • Have you tried taking the battery out for 20 seconds and put it in again?

• And did u measure the battery?
  • Thank you for your answers!

I'll remove the battery next time longer.
    But by accidentally, I had 3 times pushed the B-button and that was working also!

But do you know what the reason is that movement icon flashing red for a long time!!

• Reason? Imho: Homey lost the "connection" with the sensor. It happens with my own sensor (since one of the recent Fibaro updates) after every restart of Homey. Only a battery-out-twenty-seconds-wait-battery-in makes the "connection" working again. 
  • i had it for a long time,after a reboot constantly it started for no reason to flash motion and tamper until i manually made a tamper alarn and motion alarm and then it worked ok
    i moved the position of the sensor lets say a meter closer to homey and since then no problems anymore,so it could be a distance problem,test it out with that
  • Thank you for your response,

The sensor works well again for a few days.
    The distance between the homey and the sensor is about 5 meters, I think that's close enough.

• Same problem here.
    Keeps flashing.
    Done all above but keeps flashing the movement icon .
    Sensor is in range.
    Anybody got a clou? 

• fvandijk said:
    Same problem here.
    Keeps flashing.
    Sensor is in range.
    Anybody got a clou? 

Have you checked in Settings - Z-wave - Stuff for Geeks if the sensor is connected to any other z-wave devices?
  • No ....should it? 
    I have a smoke detector from fibaro not that far from it.
    I will check tomorow 
    Fire69 said:
    fvandijk said:
    Same problem here.
    Keeps flashing.
    Sensor is in range.
    Anybody got a clou? 

Have you checked in Settings - Z-wave - Stuff for Geeks if the sensor is connected to any other z-wave devices?

• just found this topic .. I have Motion Sensor - FGMS-001 FW: 3.2 .. and sometimes I have looong motion detection that is not true, only triggered it once. When I look at sensor under devices motion alarm is on for a long time. Not always, just as you see two times. Any hints?