This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Image Grabber app

Comments

• @gnaaktgeboren on Snapchat that is? I will probably work on that this weekend.
  • jorden said:
    @gnaaktgeboren on Snapchat that is? I will probably work on that this weekend.
    Ah, I thought he meant Slack.

I'm still a believer in the Telegram Groups  B)
  • No I meant to a channel on telegram.
    But If I can send it to a group that is also fine.
    Maybe someone can explain me how to do that?
  • No I meant to a channel on telegram.
    But If I can send it to a group that is also fine.
    Maybe someone can explain me how to do that?
    You flutter your eyelids at @jorden to find out if he's made some progress on it ;)
  • Telegram is what I meant, don't know where Snapchat came from LOL.
  • PekePeke Member
    Is it possible to make a burst mode for photos? or is this possbile with a variable or something(i'am noobie in flows)
  • You could try to do that with the Countdown timer I guess (https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.bevlogenheid.countdown)
  • PekePeke Member
    jorden said:
    You could try to do that with the Countdown timer I guess (https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.bevlogenheid.countdown)
    I've looked in too that app but cannot figure it out too make a workable flow, pls help.
  • Compliments Jorden, This works great!
    But how safe is it to send photos to a Telegam bot.

If I'm signed in with a different account on telegram that has no rights to the by me created bot, but this account can search find and add the bot I created. In that account, no messages will appear on this bot as far as I can see.

But why is "my" bot visible when a "strange" user searches and why can he add him?
  • VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited May 2017
    Well, Telegram isn't really that secure to begin with. None of your bot / group conversations are encrypted, only the secret chats are encrypted with their own "questionable" algorithm.

Maybe future plans of using Wire End-to-End encrypted bots or similar, or perhaps PushBullet or PushOver for which I see there are already apps for in Homey.
  • jordenjorden Member
    @satellietje I think your custom bot is visible but indeed no messages should be visible since it is a chat between your account and the bot, so that's not visible to others.
    Bots are actually meant for multiple users, but that's the only way to make a connection between Telegram and Homey. The "default bot" for the Homey app is also shared amongst multiple people, but the conversations (and thus the messages) are "private" (as in, you can only see the messages that are sent to you, not to others).
  • Ok thanks for the answers, it's clear :)
  • I'm looking into this, but having some strange behavior, anyone an idea what I might be doing wrong?

grabbing flow

with the URL in a browser I get a nice still image of the camera.

the sending flow

just to try several ways of delivery I tried these 3 :) 

but when image grabbed only pushover is getting a notification on my phone, where it doesnt show an image, but a long string of characters. 

When i test the sending flow with image 'undefined' all 3 deliverable options sent a notification. 
    when i test the grabbing flow only the pushover gets that notification. 

any idea? :) 
  • jordenjorden Member
    @ericjanvanputten  You cannot use the "Send a message"-card, you need to use the "Send an image" card on Telegram.

The Homey app does not support the imagetokens (yet, might be possible in the real near future) and I think the same counts for the Pushover notification (although I have a vague memory of assisting there a little, but I think that would also mean there is a separate card for it).
  • when i update telegram to 'send a picture' and i test that flow with undefined token it will just keep circling, not green check. 
    when testing the grabbing an image the image also doesnt get to telegram :(

• jordenjorden Member
    Make sure you don't put any text in the "Send a picture" card.

You cannot test it unless you base64-encode a JPG-image and put it in the token, so with the "undefined token" it will not work for sure.
  • Okay, done that (no text). 

I will also google it but that base64-encode, is that something that might be wrong? :) 
    The jpeg link shows on the snapshot url in a browser so i think that is good. (is that something i can test somehow if the image is grabbed correct?

• jordenjorden Member
    @ericjanvanputten if the "an image was grabbed"-flow triggers, you can assume that it was grabbed correctly. Also true the other way around; if it doesn't trigger, there is probably no JPG file grabbed.

If you want to have more information you can try running the app as a developer with the developer tools (https://developers.athom.com/) and see what it shows in the log lines
  • jorden said:
    @ericjanvanputten if the "an image was grabbed"-flow triggers, you can assume that it was grabbed correctly. Also true the other way around; if it doesn't trigger, there is probably no JPG file grabbed.

If you want to have more information you can try running the app as a developer with the developer tools (https://developers.athom.com/) and see what it shows in the log lines
    hmm dont think I'm the right guy for the developer tools. Thanks though :) 

The grabbing card does show a green check on testing so based on that I think its working correctly. Strange that i"m not able to get it through telegram or something to my phone than. 
    Will retry to build the flows from scratch, you never know :) 

• jorden said:

hmm dont think I'm the right guy for the developer tools. Thanks though :) 

The grabbing card does show a green check on testing so based on that I think its working correctly. Strange that i"m not able to get it through telegram or something to my phone than. 
    Will retry to build the flows from scratch, you never know :) 

just rebuilding the flow didnt help
  • Hi, the grabber works great, but is it possible to send two images from two different camera's into one e-mail?
  • @DiscoveryTD5 no, that is not possible. You can trigger on "An image was grabbed". At that moment, the image is stored into memory.
    As soon as you grab an image from another camera, it overwrites the stored image in memory.
  • Aha! So, after sending the image you can repeat the procedure with another ip cam and have that send. I will do some testing with delays on the flow cards
  • Delays and separate messages will probably do the trick!
  • I see that the Slack app was updated to support the new image token. But I'm not sure yet how to get any images into it :) Any chance the ImageGrabber app will be updated soon to support the new image token?
  • As soon as I have some more time (very busy at work), this is one of the first apps I'm going to update, to support SDK v2 as well as using the official image tokens.
  • @jorden is it possible to add digest authentication to the grabber so i can use my Dahua camera?
  • @Peke can you send me more info?
  • @jasperB is working on something like this?
  • JasperBJasperB Member
    edited November 2017
    @Peke, so you can only get the image url if you are authenticated? So basically you would like to:
    • send the url the grabber needs to reach 
    • Add the needed headers / Data in the request 
    • @jorden ;would need to update his app so the headers/data is included in the request he makes (if provided)

@Peke do you have an example of an API call getting the url of an image?
    I was looking here but don't know if thats the correct docu.