This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

clear all notifications

MennoMenno Member
edited May 2017 in Questions & Help
My homey had a notification bomb with 8900 messages is there a way to remove all the messages at ones?

Tagged:

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2017
    Go to Settings -> Notifications and at the right you will find a button to delete all notifications (alles wissen)

• walterwalter Member
    I tried that, but it is not working for me ?
  • I thought so too @walter, but it seems it takes some while. I switched to "Apps" and then back to Notifications" and they're gone.
  • walterwalter Member
    Tried again, but now My homey goes offline and is not reachable anymore.
    I am not local now, so I have to look at it later.
  • walterwalter Member
    Back online. Still no luck with "clear all"
    The only way to remove the log is to disable  "wireless weather sensors" in settings. Then the log is empty. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but then the log is filled again.
  • So I understand that you did clear the log @walter? It seems that the 'Wireless weather sensor' app, in combination with your sensor causes a lot of messages. I experienced this also because of a faulty/wrong sensor. I had to remove the app. See also https://apps.athom.com/app/com.weather-sensors of @RamonBaas

• walterwalter Member
    edited July 2017
    Actually not @Eilandgast. The log is empty when I disable "wireless weather sensor". But if I enable it the log is filled again 5000+. So the log is not cleared at all. It is the distance from the sensors to the homey what fills the log I guess. I think the 433Mhz is not that strong from the homey. 

• SpydroneSpydrone Member
    edited November 2017
    walter said:
    Actually not @Eilandgast. The log is empty when I disable "wireless weather sensor". But if I enable it the log is filled again 5000+. So the log is not cleared at all. It is the distance from the sensors to the homey what fills the log I guess. I think the 433Mhz is not that strong from the homey. 

Did you manage to clear all the notifications? I'm having the same issue; 3000+ notifications for another app. The clear button on the notifications settings page won't do anything.
  • Same problem here the notifications will not be emptied when I hit the clear button. Deleting my 5000+ notifications by hand seems the only option....  :/ Does someones a better  / quicker option  ?
  • Maybe it takes some time to delete that much?
  • My Homey desktop app is super sluggish, and I strongly belive it has to do with the 8464 notifications from the Wireless Weather Sensors app. Cleaning it seems impossible. I'm considering a factory reset.

So, a developer suggestion: There is, in my humble opinion, no reason for supporting 9000 unread notifications in the current UI. The simple fix would be to set a hard limit of 500 or so. A better fix would be limitations based on "keep 7 days" or similar.

BR,
    Tomas

• tomnil said:
    My Homey desktop app is super sluggish, and I strongly belive it has to do with the 8464 notifications from the Wireless Weather Sensors app. Cleaning it seems impossible. I'm considering a factory reset.

So, a developer suggestion: There is, in my humble opinion, no reason for supporting 9000 unread notifications in the current UI. The simple fix would be to set a hard limit of 500 or so. A better fix would be limitations based on "keep 7 days" or similar.

BR,
    Tomas

It's an app made by the community so it's not clear the developer will read your message, better post it in the app topic or report it at the Github of the app developer (Github link found on the app page in the app store )
  • tomnil said:
    My Homey desktop app is super sluggish, and I strongly belive it has to do with the 8464 notifications from the Wireless Weather Sensors app. Cleaning it seems impossible. I'm considering a factory reset.

BR,
    Tomas

It's an app made by the community so it's not clear the developer will read your message, better post it in the app topic or report it at the Github of the app developer (Github link found on the app page in the app store )
    It's not a flaw in the app, it's the homey Operating system that allows so many active notifications it basically crashes. I've tried clearing the notifications over 20 times now using various methods over the last few days, but nothing helps. Factory reset is a must.  Point taken regarding posting bugs to github :)

BR,
    Tomas