This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kervay motion / Kerui door sensors from China, app/experiences?

dENNtoetdENNtoet Member
edited April 2017 in Devices
Hi everyone,

I was browsing Aliexpress where I found 433mhz motion sensors voor around 6-7 dollars:
link

Same goes for door/window sensors:
link

I was wondering if anyone got them to work since I don't see an app available in the store yet, maybe they can be paired using an existing app or maybe someone is working on an app for this brand? Because it would be awesome if you could get around 5 of these to work properly instead of 1 from KlikAanKlikUit (33-35 euro). 

Thanks in advance guys!

Kind regards,
Dennis

Comments

• rtnartna Member
    I have the motion sensor. Works fine in Domoticz, is useless with Homey. 
  • @rtna It's useless with Homey because there is not an app for it yet?
  • To let it work there needs to be an app for it indeed. So the community or Athom needs to create it (Athom will only create it if the user base is large for example like Kaku). If you want door- or motionsensors you can also look at the z-wave neo stuff. When buying at the right time or contacting them for personal price you can buy it for 25 dollar a piece,  much more stable and already app for it.  Since i discovered Neo as alternative for fibaro i have expended my z-wave with 40 devices from Ali
  • I have multiple Kaku devices in my home right now and I must say I am very pleased with the stability. They didn't let me down once (in the 1 week I have Homey <span>:smile:</span>).

Automating your home is a very cost intensive hobby so if there would be an app available using these cheaper RF 433MHZ sensors that would be awesome, especially since you can buy like 5/6 of them for the same price as 1 neo / KaKu sensor.. If anyone has the skill to make an app for it please let me know, I will buy the sensors so that the developer can test/build it. 
  • Found them too, rushed to the forum to check if somebody else did already :P

Would be nice if someone could try and see if these KURUI (CORINA in the dutch title) can work with homey. They are 6,50-7,50 USD a piece for a contact sensor. That's really cheap.

Link