This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• swtttswttt Member
    @klankbart
    Could you switch the background in the homey interface? (or even click the default one again, but make sure it switched once)
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Is there a new beta dash?  
  • swtttswttt Member
    Nope, not yet :)
  • swttt said:
    @klankbart
    Could you switch the background in the homey interface? (or even click the default one again, but make sure it switched once)
    I changed the background, but nothing changes. The light in the kitchen can be switched on or off, but in the HomeyDash interface I can't see if it's on or off.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @klankbart
    Nothing changes like still not seeing a background on your device?
  • rabellrabell Member
    edited July 2017
    I am experimenting with Homeydash beta 0.0.19 and I have 4 Hue ceiling lights in the same room.  I only seem able to add each one to a tile individually, not associate a tile to a Hue scene (ideal) or group the lights togethether so they all come on / go off together.  Is this possible?

Is there any way of integrating dashboard selections to Homey flows - if so I could achieve the above in this way.

Additionally nothing happens when I select Settings -> Plugins - is this expected?

Apologies if I am missing something, I only received my Homey last week.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @rabell
    Its still a work in progress :smile: But yeah, thats expected..

To control multiple lights with 1 input, you could take a look at virtual devices app or the better logic app
  • I can't see any progress on Github.. 

I don't like to ask for eta's.. But have you any idea when we can expect some news? Homeydash is awesome! 
  • swtttswttt Member
    @powermarcel10
    Actually i am struggling a bit with the new API. It is kinda awesome, but still lacking some crucial things.

Everything since the published beta has been allot about testing, mostly about doing everything right this time. And make it easy to add widgets for even people with basic html, css and js knowledge. 

Everything is based on VueJS and will share the same widgets. This means if a widget is created once, by me or by another developer that pushes the code to the widgets repository. It will get added to every single homeydash client. (desktop, web hosted, homey app or mobile app)

This first alpha releases will be cloud based and homey app based. But should be easy to port to electron(desktop), and cordova/phonegap apps for iOS and android.

I pushed some parts of my code to http://dashboard.homeyda.sh/login , the login will change since some users are afraid i am stealing their login data. If you trust me enough, you are able to test the new api by logging in, the page stays the same but in your console you can find all relevant homey information :smile:

I can't give any ETA, life got busy as well. Github might not be updated, but locally i got like 7 new test folders for HomeyDash. Where i currently did find the right track. (mostly thanks to the new api
  • swttt said:
    @powermarcel10
    Actually i am struggling a bit with the new API. It is kinda awesome, but still lacking some crucial things.

Everything since the published beta has been allot about testing, mostly about doing everything right this time. And make it easy to add widgets for even people with basic html, css and js knowledge. 

Everything is based on VueJS and will share the same widgets. This means if a widget is created once, by me or by another developer that pushes the code to the widgets repository. It will get added to every single homeydash client. (desktop, web hosted, homey app or mobile app)

This first alpha releases will be cloud based and homey app based. But should be easy to port to electron(desktop), and cordova/phonegap apps for iOS and android.

I pushed some parts of my code to http://dashboard.homeyda.sh/login , the login will change since some users are afraid i am stealing their login data. If you trust me enough, you are able to test the new api by logging in, the page stays the same but in your console you can find all relevant homey information :smile:

I can't give any ETA, life got busy as well. Github might not be updated, but locally i got like 7 new test folders for HomeyDash. Where i currently did find the right track. (mostly thanks to the new api

Thanks for the update! But I'm not able to login to the link you've sent.. Should it be working allready? Tried it on my Phone and tablet and on edge on my laptop..
  • swtttswttt Member

@powermarcel10

If you trust me enough, you are able to test the new api by logging in, the page stays the same but in your console you can find all relevant homey information

So, no you aren't able to login yet..but in the chrome developers console you can see the api doing the work ;)

• swttt said:

@powermarcel10

If you trust me enough, you are able to test the new api by logging in, the page stays the same but in your console you can find all relevant homey information

So, no you aren't able to login yet..but in the chrome developers console you can see the api doing the work ;)

Euuuh, no idea what that means.. I will just wait for an update! :)

One other request.. A widget with time and date will be nice! :)

• Using this app for a while now, love what you do.

This is what i got so far.

I do question why isnt my fibaro binaire sensor poping up as temp. sensor?
    How do you achieve columns, buienradar, those RSS feeds and small and larger widgets? You have a larger widget 'Alle lampen woonkamer' and a smaller one 'Staande achter'. 

So many questions which i can not figure out when I'm in the editor. 
  • swtttswttt Member
    @quakerix
    You are using the Beta? Then you should be able to drag a widget from the corner and make it bigger or smaller.
  • swttt said:
    @quakerix
    You are using the Beta? Then you should be able to drag a widget from the corner and make it bigger or smaller.
    HomeyDash v0.0.5 from the store. So i guess no.
  • Maybe its an idea to have in the topic start a how-to switch to beta. 
  • quakerix said:
    swttt said:
    @quakerix
    HomeyDash v0.0.5 from the store. So i guess no.
    there is an option underneath the install button, to install the beta version.
    Try it.
  • Other question,

if you have 5 Philips hue lights that can be dimmed, how can you virtually group them and dim them using HomeyDash. The app virtual devices doesn't have a virtual dimmer. Just on off switch.
  • swtttswttt Member
    Better logic has a numslider
  • Final question :)

I want to have the dashboard on my iPad in full-screen mode. I set my token, I logged in via the cloud URL (as is explained in the settings) and i'm able to get the dashboard in normal Safari working.

But when I export the site to the Home Screen and I get a nice little app on my iOS home screen. I open it. It opens the athom login website (full-screen yay!). But when I try to use my credentials. It's not doing anything. So no dashboard.

Any suggestions?
  • nvm. i got it working. No idea what I did differently. But it works.

Let me post a pic.
  • MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited July 2017
    I got a future request!! :D
    I dont know if any one has asked it before, but id like to put better logic variables on the page.

For example i got 3 flows for my recycle bins changing gray to green and Orange and sending push messages acordingly every week. It woud be cool if i could see it on the "wall mounted tablet" aswell ;)
  • Hi,

I have installed the Homey Dash, it's working for my on/off switches. That's the good part ...

I have switches for my stores, all Somfy 433Mhz devices, who are controlled perfectly from Homey flows and ios app.
    I can't add this devices to the Homey Dash, I see only my on/off switches, but not these devices.

What do I wrong ?

Luc
  • swtttswttt Member
    @LLV8530
    Might depend as what kind of class and capabilities these devices are added.
    But you tried the Stable version of HomeyDash? I would recommend using the Beta version, it has way more possibilities.

What kind of switches did you create and how? Virtual devices?
  • JesperJesper Member
    The status of my devices is not automatically synced with HomeyDash. For example when I switch on the KaKu device with an ordinary KaKu remote I do not see the status being changed on HomeyDash. I first need to click on the refresh button on HomeyDash before the status is synced. Is there some kind of setting which I need to use to get this working?

I'm using the Beta version of HomeyDash
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Jesper
    Nah, it could be the socket connection is lost (e.g. You woke up the device running HomeyDash from standby).
    No work around for now other then keeping your display on or press refresh :smile:
  • I can't get my cameras to work in homeydash.
    the first camera is a android phone with the following adres http:/username:pasword@ipadres:8080/video?submenu=mjpg.
    I have forward the port 8080 in the router. but i see no video in homeydash. If i put de url in the browser i see the webcam.

the second cam is a doorcam with adress rtsp://ipadres:554/onvif1
    also forward the port 554 in router
    i have a synology where i can stream the doorcam.
    i use the link in streampad sharing rtsp ogver http.
    but still no picture.

What i diong wrong.

i got the android cam one time working but after a reboot picture was gone.
  • swttt said:
    @LLV8530
    Might depend as what kind of class and capabilities these devices are added.
    But you tried the Stable version of HomeyDash? I would recommend using the Beta version, it has way more possibilities.

What kind of switches did you create and how? Virtual devices?
    Hi,

Yes I use the Beta version.
    The switches are devices (Somfy) added during discovery. In homey all switches (devices) works fine.
    I can't see this devices to put them on the dashboard.

Thanks for your support;
    LLV
  • swtttswttt Member
    @LLV8530
    Somfy sounds like you try to control sunscreens etc.
    For now these capabilities aren't added yet.

As a work around you could create a flow to open or close them and activate that flow with a button from Virtual Devices or BetterLogic
  • swttt said:
    @LLV8530
    Somfy sounds like you try to control sunscreens etc.
    For now these capabilities aren't added yet.

As a work around you could create a flow to open or close them and activate that flow with a button from Virtual Devices or BetterLogic
    Ok, thanks for the answer. I try it !