This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Battery percentage and battery alarm status neo doorsensor

fiekfiek Member
Good wvwning,

I noticed that my neo door sensor does not give readings mentioned above. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Try a wakeup of the device like in the manual and see if it shows.
    If not then do a clean re-pair.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2017
    Thnx.. Will try that. I only tried removing battery and placing battery back. 

• fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2017
    Manual wake up didn't work, but repairing did the trick.

I Will check tomorrow if the values are kept up to date each 12 hours
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    fiek said:
    Manual wake up didn't work, but repairing did the trick.

I Will check tomorrow if the values are kept up to date each 12 hours
    And, did the values hold?

I'm asking because most (all) of my NEO door + flood sensors lose these values after a short wile once working on a wakeup. The sirens and PIR's tend to keep the value.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2017
    Yes, the values still showing. This is not the first time I had this. I will keep track how long it lasts.

I had the same with A fibaro motion sensor by the way.
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    Oke, thanks. Please report when you lose the values again.
    With previous versions of the NEO app I woke up the sensors, but they lost the values later. I'm not sure but I suspect it might have happened after an app update. Unexpected is that only the door/window sensors seem to loose the values.
  • fiekfiek Member
    I did an update to Homey 1.5 today. The values dont show anymore, both for my Neo door sensors and fibaro motion sensor.

• fiekfiek Member
    Can anyone explain why after the firmware update my neo door sensors and fibaro motion sensor don't report  battery percentage and alarm alert? Manual wake up doesn't work and I am  a little reluctant to readd these devices again, because I have to adjust my flows again
  • Same here. Most of my devices stopped reporting battery status after update to 1.5
    For some reason not all. Philio devices still work. 95% of Fibaro not. 
  • Same here. Most of my devices stopped reporting battery status after update to 1.5
    For some reason not all. Philio devices still work. 95% of Fibaro not. 
    Mine start working again after wake up manually and some devices needed also to put out the batterie. Only one Fibaro Motion Eye is still a problem.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited August 2017
    my fibaro motion sensor must have a manual wake up right after every firmware upgrade because its motion alarm triggers al the time. but if it is once manually pressed for waking up, everything is ok.

thats every time after upgrading ... so an equal problem like @razorfish79 has it with the battery reporting 
  • razorfish79razorfish79 Member
    edited August 2017
    phil_s said:
    my fibaro motion sensor must have a manual wake up right after every firmware upgrade because its motion alarm triggers al the time. but if it is once manually pressed for waking up, everything is ok.

thats every time after upgrading ... so an equal problem like @razorfish79 has it with the battery reporting 
    Thank you for the info.

I do not really care with doing so with battery powerd devices. I would worst with build in devices.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    To chime in, as I think it is related!

My Fibaro door sensor has it's temper alarm flashing ever since I included it to Homey. The cause is a broken 'clip' of plastic, on the back of the sensor. It normally presses a small button inside the sensor, once properly closed mounted. The solution would be to do something to the hardware. I just ignored the alarm...

However.... since the firmware has updated, the temper alarm is OFF :-)

Battery status was and is still reported.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2017
    Also keep in mind that some devices take a long time to report in. 24 hours in not unseen.

I Guess if you wake up a device. (For neo thats 3 times a push on the incl. button) the battery % will report in.
  • fiekfiek Member
    After several attempts to manually wake up my Neo door sensors it finally worked. Battery percentage is showing. But I had to re-pair my fibaro motion sensor.
  • I lost battery values for coolcam door sensors and pir too. Removing and repairing didnot work.Home 1.5.1.
    More people with the same problem?
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    edited September 2017
    My NEO PIR's + Sirenes kept the battery status after the 1.5 update, unfortunately window/door + flood sensors did not. These sensors also never come back after 24/48 or more hours.

Would be nice if someone could figure out why some devices keep their battery status while others don't. Although maybe minor, it is quite some hassle to reactivate all (8-9) window/door sensors after an update...
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited September 2017
    Also my  neo door sensors don't show battery percentage and alarm status. Running  Homey 1.5.1. Manual wake up did the trick .