This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

Australian frequency Fibaro and Aeotec devices are added as basic z-wave devices

danonedanone Member
edited October 2017 in Devices
Hi,
I have just got my Homey, nice piece of art!
I have a whole hip of z-wave devices currently controlled by my Fibaro HC2.
So I have tried to test few with Homey, but so far I had no luck with most of them.
I have written the below on the Fibaro Athom app, sorry for the double up but I am getting a bit desperate and wonder if my Homey is faulty or an old piece of hardware was deliver to me?

The following devices simply are only added as basic z-wave devices.

- double switch 2 FGS-223 it finds it then I get "no compatible Homey app has been found" and it is added as generic z-wave devices. I have tried so far 3 of my double switch 2
- double relay switch 2 FGS-222, same issue as above!
- fibaro button FGPB-101, same as above!!
So far I could only add the Fibaro sensor FGMS-001, I have tried two units and both are recognised as Fibaro units and work perfect. I have tried everything, reboot Homey several times, factory reset Homey, reset the above devices.
One of the double switch 2 was actually brand new.
All the above work perfect with my Fibaro HC2.
Running v1.3.1 on Homey and the latest Fibaro app.

If you guys have any idea, it would be highly appreciated!!
Tagged:

Comments

• danone said:
    Hi,
    I have just got my Homey, nice piece of art!
    I have a whole hip of z-wave devices currently controlled by my Fibaro HC2.
    So I have tried to test few with Homey, but so far I had no luck with most of them.
    I have written the below on the Fibaro Athom app, sorry for the double up but I am getting a bit desperate and wonder if my Homey is faulty or an old piece of hardware was deliver to me?

The following devices simply are only added as basic z-wave devices.

- double switch 2 FGS-223 it finds it then I get "no compatible Homey app has been found" and it is added as generic z-wave devices. I have tried so far 3 of my double switch 2
    - double relay switch 2 FGS-222, same issue as above!
    - fibaro button FGPB-101, same as above!!
    So far I could only add the Fibaro sensor FGMS-001, I have tried two units and both are recognised as Fibaro units and work perfect. I have tried everything, reboot Homey several times, factory reset Homey, reset the above devices.
    One of the double switch 2 was actually brand new.
    All the above work perfect with my Fibaro HC2.
    Running v1.3.1 on Homey and the latest Fibaro app.

If you guys have any idea, it would be highly appreciated!!
    Did you add the devices close to Homey, when pairing the device needs to be close to Homey. They devices you mentioned should be supported but other users of the forum that know more of z-wave will respond mostly fast
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited July 2017
    It is always good to Un-Pair the devices before you try to Pair them, goto Service - Z-Wave - and use Remove Device.
    Even new devices that have never been used, sometimes need this, and it never harmes ;)
  • @danone

I can only respond with the FGS-222's, as I own a couple of those myself.
    First: I can confirm that they work nicely with Homey so I am positive that they will work for you too!

What I found is that a reset of the device you want to add to my z-wave setup (Fibaro or Neo Coolcam or any other brand) is a good way to start. After a reset, I always was able to add the device, but sometimes I needed several attempts.

With the 222's it was a hit and miss with the 'triple press' of the actual momentary switch (I needed to add the 222's without opening the wall socket itself). After several attempts it worked...! Try to get Homey as close as possible, try several speeds of the triple press action and be patient :-)

Good luck

• danonedanone Member
    Thanks guys for the fast response.
    @Eternity when you say hit and miss, did you have the same problem as mine, the 222 was found but not recognised as a Fibaro device??

All the devices mentioned on my post were less than a meter away from Homey.
    I have removed them first and the remove process was successful. 
    One of the 223 was brand new, so I wouldn't think that it even required a reset. I did it anyway. Same with all of the rest.
    With some of the existing 222 and 223 I have tried both via the button B and via the switch S1. It works with no problems, my Homey finds all the units straight on, goes to the whole pairing process nice but at the end I always get the message that "no compatible Homey app has been found"  and the devices are added as basic z-wave devices, which are pretty useless then... It behaves like I have no Fibaro app installed.
    The only exception are the Fibaro motion sensors. All of those are found by Homey as Fibaro and give me all the nice parameters.

Maybe worth to mention that my Homey came with a Z-Wave chip for Australia z-wave frequency which is 921 and not 868 like in Europe. But again, all my z-wave devices are 921 and Homey has no problem finding them, pairing with them, just they are not recognize as Fibaro.

I will keep trying but you would think that among 3 of 223, 1 of 222 and one fibaro button at least one should have be recognized as Fibaro,  maybe I should write to Homey support??

• casedacaseda Member
    ah, that does explain a lot though, the id's we use now are from the european versions (have only had european devices up until now), and i think fibaro uses different id's for other frequenties.

could you give the id's?
    you can see them once they are included as the "unknown device" under that device's settings -> node information
  • That sounds like the reason! 
  • danonedanone Member
    caseda said:
    ah, that does explain a lot though, the id's we use now are from the european versions (have only had european devices up until now), and i think fibaro uses different id's for other frequenties.

could you give the id's?
    you can see them once they are included as the "unknown device" under that device's settings -> node information
    I really hope that this is the reason, different ID's. Thank you a lot for your effort in helping me!
    Here are some Fibaro devices that I have tried today.

Successfully included and also Identified as a Fibaro device: (I have several of each of these units and all work perfect with Homey)

• Dimmer 2 FGD-212 (product type ID 258; product ID 12288)
    • Motion Sensor FGMS-001 Plus (product type ID 2049; product ID 12289)
    • RGBW Controller FGRGBWM-441 (product type ID 2304; product ID 12288)

Successfully included but as an "unknown device":

• Fibaro push button FGPB-101 (product type ID 3841; product ID 12288)
    • Flood Sensor FGFS-101 Plus (product type ID 2817; product ID 12290)
    • Roller Shutter 2 FGR-222 (v2.5) (product type ID 770; product ID 12288)
    • Double Relay Switch 2 FGS-222 (product type ID 514; product ID 12290)
    • Double Switch 2 FGS-223 (product type ID 515; product ID 12288)

Have not got a chance to try any of the Fibaro Door/Window sensors or Fibaro Binary Sensor, I shall have this reported soon as I manage to do so.
    Please let me know if any more info required or testing you want me to do.
    Much appreciated!!!
  • casedacaseda Member
    High product id's have there been updates for the devices maybe?

But I'll add them in the app. :+1:
  • danonedanone Member
    caseda said:

Thank you very much @caseda ;
    I look forward to get a proper use of this nice Homey
  • danonedanone Member
    I had a chance to test the Fibaro door/window sensor and the Fibaro Universal Sensor. The first one is recognised as a Fibaro device, the second is not, only as a basic z-wave device.
    Below are the Id's. Again, really thank you @caseda if you can help us having this ID's included in the app. I can tell that after that, there will be some nice Homey orders from down under Australia....  :)

• Fibaro Universal Sensor FGBS-321 (product type ID 1281; product ID 12290)

Successfully included and also Identified as a Fibaro device: 
    • Fibaro door/window sensor FGK-10x (product type ID 1792; product ID 12288)
  • danonedanone Member
    edited July 2017
    caseda said:

no pressure, but I have a more or less useless Homey since most of the Fibaro devices are unknown to it.
    Is there any chance you guys can add this devices ID's in the app? Is there anything I can provide to help this cause? cheers
  • casedacaseda Member
    sorry, just really busy at the moment with my normal job, and really exhausted because of it (if developing was my job then it would be weird :wink: but just a ordinary community user like you, with a bit much z-wave knowledge),

but even if i am able to add it to the app right now it would not be in the app before the next week, as athom still needs to accept the change i send in.

will add it this weekend though :smile:
  • danonedanone Member
    caseda said:
    sorry, just really busy at the moment with my normal job, and really exhausted because of it (if developing was my job then it would be weird :wink: but just a ordinary community user like you, with a bit much z-wave knowledge),

but even if i am able to add it to the app right now it would not be in the app before the next week, as athom still needs to accept the change i send in.

will add it this weekend though :smile:
    thank you Sir. If I can buy you a beer or more I would be more than happy to do so.
    It is just the high excitement that having a new gadget like Homey and the disappointment that it cannot be fully used hence, my last post.
    Take your time and again, let me know how I can get some beers your way!  ;)
  • danonedanone Member
    I do also have few Aeotec devices which have same issue, "unknown z-wave device". I guess I shall wait first for the fix on Fibaro and then report the Aeotec units....
    By the look of it I am the "pioneer" on having Homey on Australian soil. Or at least when it comes about Homey-->z-wave... 
  • @danone not the first owner of a Homey in Australia; but I guess @Evertorn is still using the EU frequency...

If you post the ID's for the Aeotec devices not recognized, I'll have a look into the Aeotec app...

any other brands / devices still on your work list?

PS. Can you update the title of the topic accordingly?
  • casedacaseda Member
    the fibaro device id's are awaiting approval for adding into the app. :+1:
  • danonedanone Member
    edited July 2017
    caseda said:
    the fibaro device id's are awaiting approval for adding into the app. :+1:
    Awesome!!! Extraordinary forum and support. :+1

• danonedanone Member
    edited July 2017

@danone not the first owner of a Homey in Australia; but I guess @Evertorn is still using the EU frequency...

If you post the ID's for the Aeotec devices not recognized, I'll have a look into the Aeotec app...

any other brands / devices still on your work list?

PS. Can you update the title of the topic accordingly?
    @TedTolboom  and @EvertorN
    I own a good number of Aeotec devices of five types. All of them include nice but all five types come up as unknown devices. My Homey has the latest Aeotec app installed.
    The frequency for all my Aeotec devices is the AUS/NZ z-wave frequency of 921.42MHz

• Aeotec ZW074 Multisensor 4 in 1 (GEN5) (product type ID 514; product ID 74)
    • Aeotec ZW100 Multisensor 6 (product type ID 514; product ID 100)
    • Aeotec ZW088 Key Fob (product type ID 513; product ID 88)
    • Aeotec ZW075 SmartSwitch (GEN5) (product type ID 515; product ID 75)
    • Aeotec ZW096 SmartSwitch 6 (product type ID 515; product ID 96)
    Please let me know if any more info required. Thank you.

P.S. I have changed the title of the topic to reflect both Fibaro and Aeotec.

• RonaldRonald Member
    I got a EU Homey and I live in aussie
    :-) brought it along
  • danonedanone Member
    Ronald said:
    I got a EU Homey and I live in aussie
    :-) brought it along
    Nice, but if you plan to use it with any z-wave devices then you have to buy those from Europe, too. Everything sold here in Oz is on 921MHz. And then you can run into problems with ACMA as the 868MHz that EU z-wave works on is illegal here... unless you live somewhere in the middle of Simpson Dessert where no ACMA van can drive by your property and pick up your z-wave devices.
    But if you don't use z-wave then Homey can talk with a million of other devices.
    My Homey was shipped with an AUS/NZ z-wave chip and hope that I can use my current z-wave devices soon.
  • RonaldRonald Member
    I know
    when I supporter the kickstarter project of Homey I Iived in the Netherlands so that’s why I got the EU one
    the acma can drive here but we live in the middle of bumfuck 
    I hope u can use yours ASAP, it is a really nice device 
  • Also the changes to the Aeotec app are awaiting to be merged into the app and released to the app store....
    It's up to Athom to process and release the updated Aeotec app to the app store...
  • I've got 2 Homeys, an EU and an AU one :)
  • danonedanone Member
    Also the changes to the Aeotec app are awaiting to be merged into the app and released to the app store....
    It's up to Athom to process and release the updated Aeotec app to the app store...
    @caseda ; and @TedTolboom
    You guys amazing, I was not expecting from you to have this done over the weekend.
    Thank you very much. Once the apps are updated I shall try and report back the result.
  • danonedanone Member
    Ronald said:
    I know
    when I supporter the kickstarter project of Homey I Iived in the Netherlands so that’s why I got the EU one
    the acma can drive here but we live in the middle of bumfuck 
    I hope u can use yours ASAP, it is a really nice device 
    I wished I would live somewhere more remote than as I am now in the middle of a big city.
    There is a way bigger variety of z-wave devices with EU frequencies than AUS/NZ ones.
    But I have seen with my own eyes few months back driving slowly down my street, with lots of antennas deployed, the ACMA van.
    Indeed, cannot wait to have Homey used at its full potential!
  • danone said:
    Also the changes to the Aeotec app are awaiting to be merged into the app and released to the app store....
    @caseda ; and @TedTolboom
    You guys amazing, I was not expecting from you to have this done over the weekend.
    Thank you very much. Once the apps are updated I shall try and report back the result.
    Well before asking to add one additional Aeotec device; I just added also the ProductTypeID's for the remaining devices supported by the Aeotec app.. .waiting for the same app release...
  • danonedanone Member
    That's super, I was worried that if I might purchase a different type I would have to go again through this process. Thanks @TedTolboom ;
  • danonedanone Member
    @TedTolboom and @caseda
    Hello Gents, I've just arrived home and learned that both Fibaro and Aeotec app have been updated. Quickly I have tested the Fibaro button and double switch 2 and it works! Really pleased, I cannot wait to call all my friends which were waiting for me to hear so they can get a Homey.
    Once I have all the deviced tested, I shall mark this treat "solved"
    Seriously... I wish I could buy a lot of beers to both of you! 
  • @danone let's first get the checkmark "solved" and be carefull what you wish for, it's hot and thirsty weather up here.... and paypal does accept Aussie dollars :p
  • danonedanone Member
    I can confirm that all my z-wave Fibaro and Aeotec devices paired nicely, recognised by Homey and work correctly after the latest updates. I could not be more pleased, time for some flows now!  :)  
    Really impressed with you guys as well as with the speed that Athom got those apps released.

@TedTolboom damp and cold down here in Melbourne... but at least you can enjoy a nice cold beer in the warm EU summer. PM your paypal please and have few beers for me, too!